Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kimibest

Alonso

Also interesting to see some guy from Lewis' camp (brother?) punching the air like mad when Lewis held off Alonso at the start

:lol: i take it pharrell isnt very famous in australia then

Do British people really do stuff like watching a nuclear bomb falling right over their heads and mutter "blimey!"?

yep you wont get any emotional reaction from us brits ever!

Do British people really do stuff like watching a nuclear bomb falling right over their heads and mutter "blimey!"?

Not really Andres. It's more like "Good lord, don't you think that's a little overboard old boy?" We then put our bowler hats back on and walk down the road twirling our umbrellas.

:lol: i take it pharrell isnt very famous in australia then

I don't know much about rap, what I do I try to forget. Pharell who?

Not really Andres. It's more like "Good lord, don't you think that's a little overboard old boy?" We then put our bowler hats back on and walk down the road twirling our umbrellas.

:clap3:

Stereotypes can be so much fun! We should start a thread about them!

That sound like fun but i don't think it would work. Mike would just want to bomb us, Cav' would be too busy eating curry and Ykick and aussie wouldn't be able to see for all the corks hanging off their hats.

I'm sure you were being sarcastic, Paul but you do know that lewis was wearing the corporate Mclaren overall shield for the press conference? Why Fernando wasn't wearing his i'm not sure. Basically it's a crisp and stiff white over panel designed to look clean and fresh for the press conference. The stiffness is to maintain the flatness of the sponsor logos.

I would like to see the evidence of that because i don't believe that's correct.

I wasn't actually, Steve. I didn't know that they had an overall shield, I thought it was a man's sport! Geez, whatever next! :lol:

Well funnily enough. My Great Aunty, who did things like tested gas masks during the war, was walking back from work when there was a heavy bombing raid on our city. So what did she do? Only the British could do this, she put her umbrella up and carried on walking home. She laughed about it years later when she told us. True story.

I don't know much about rap, what I do I try to forget. Pharell who?

he was in a band/group called N.E.R.D, he's incredibly annoying, he sings in a really high voice, and his songs are all crap. Girls like him though. I think Anthony Hamilton found him quite irritating

I am not racist so don't shoot me down for saying this but I find the great majority of black man music immensly unappealing

I am not racist so don't shoot me down for saying this but I find the great majority of black man music immensly unappealing

I find the way you label music unappealing to you as 'black man music' amusing. Do you mean that you do not like rap music? or do you like Eminem because although it's rap, it's by a white man?

Do you like Marvin Gaye or Stevie Wonder? They are both quite black.

I find the way you label music unappealing to you as 'black man music' amusing. Do you mean that you do not like rap music? or do you like Eminem because although it's rap, it's by a white man?

Or B.B.King, or Louis Armstrong, or Living Color, Body Count, Chuck Berry, James Brown...

Really, what exactly is "Black music"?

I am not accusing you of racist, just being curious about what you meant by Black Music

I am referring to the modern hip-hop n*ggers guns hoes and b!tches kind of rap music, as well as the crap sang by blokes like Akon, snoop dogg, 2pac, ETC. Last time I checked Eminem didn't sing like that, his style is unique not generic.

I am referring to the modern hip-hop n*ggers guns hoes and b!tches kind of rap music, as well as the crap sang by blokes like Akon, snoop dogg, 2pac, ETC. Last time I checked Eminem didn't sing like that, his style is unique not generic.

:lol: You took the words out of the man himself's mouth:

"Your style is generic,

Mine's authentic made.

I roll like a renegade,

You need clinic aid.

My technique's bizzare and ill,

I scar and kill.

You were a star until I served you like a bar and grill.

Now I proceed to cook and grill ya,

That's all it took to kill ya.

You better recognize me like I look familiar.

You wanna battle?"

Anyway, I agree that Eminem is different to most other rappers. Compared to most of the ones you see on MTV at least, he's more talented and thoughtful, he uses more humour and silliness, he's more varied in style, content and emotional range and he created a great story with fascinating characters.

I can understand why you don't like most gangster rappers Shane, though I like them, but it's just occurred to me that Eminem is on the face of it very offensive too. He has endless sexist, homophobic and even racist lyrics. Imho these are ingeniously worded, to leave himself a get-out clause, because he isn't really any of those things but rather likes playing with people. "I love p**sing you off: it gets me off// like my lawyers, when the fcuking judge lets me off." I'm curious why you like him. Also I think you're a little harsh on Tupac, who was also a genius imho, and far more than just a gangster rapper (though he might have been the first too). I think he wrote many very moving songs. In fact the only music I listen to is "black" music. Black folk are very creative: they've invented just about every musical form in the 20th century, before white people copied them. (Btw there are other rappers that might be more to your taste if you're interested...)

I know Eminem is offensive, but I find his music to be clever, and it has relevance to modern life. Gangsta rap is just... crap. I don't have a problem with all black music (should have phrased that better really) its just certain kinds like Gangsta Rap and Hip Hop

Alonso at McLaren won't last - expert

Posted 20 June 2007 at 08:52 GMT

Fernando Alonso will not last long at the McLaren team.

That is the prediction of Antonio Lobato, who is described by the Spanish newspaper Marca as the 'journalist who knows him best'.

Lobato is the director of sport for the Spanish broadcaster Telecinco, and he also presents the country's coverage of Formula One.

In a column for Marca, he said 25-year-old Alonso feels "suffocated" under Ron Dennis' regime this year, after winning two titles for the more laid-back Renault team in 2005 and 2006.

"I don't see him staying there for long," Lobato wrote.

He claimed that McLaren "do not listen" to Alonso "because they think that there is nobody who can teach them anything."

Alonso, meanwhile, reckons he sensed an improvement in the McLaren garage at Indianapolis last weekend, after complaining before the US grand prix that team members were "happier when Hamilton won".

The reigning world champion told The Sun: "They are now being more careful with their manners.

"Now I'm more comfortable than before and full of confidence everything will go well from now on."

In the Spanish newspaper El Mundo, he said he still feels like the favourite for the world championship, despite trailing his teammate Hamilton by 10 points.

"There are still 100 points left to win," Alonso insisted, "and in many ways the championship for me begins now with the very important European races at Magny Cours, Silverstone and Nurburgring."

http://www.totalf1.com/view-article.php?newsid=212711

IF and only IF this is true then FA had nothing to do with the return of Mclaren to the top places like a lot of people think.

Same as. The press are full of BS.

Alonso is a competitor, not winning is a position he neither understands, nor likes. He is upset because he is not winning, but all this crap about the problems in the team is, IMO, being vastly overplayed

he sings in a really high voice,

You must like him then?

Bob Marley? Chuck Berry? Ray Charles? Michael Jackson?

Bob Marley? Chuck Berry? Ray Charles? Michael Jackson?

Some tracks, no, no, and NO Paedophiles

a genius always is extremely talented at something, and horrific at his bad side....

despite not growing up normally, there's no excuse for Micheal Jackson though.

Bob Marley - pure LEGEND

Only because he is dead. Same as Morrison. Die and the world will ove you because you're not a pain in their arse anymore.

there's no excuse for Micheal Jackson though.

Only if the accusations of paedophillia are true. Personally i don't believe a word of it. People will always damn what they don't understand. I don't prophess to understand, but i know how awful and spiteful the media are and i would hazard a guess that it's their insistence on bringing the man down that has had the majority of the word believe he is guilty.

i think michael jackson is the greatest musical artist of all time. He was and is a genius

Greatest of all time? Maybe, yes just maybe. Genius? An overused term, but maybe appropriate in this case.

I was pointing out the fact that there's no stereotypical 'black music'. Even if you dislike those singers, they're all very dfferent musical styles.

I was pointing out the fact that there's no stereotypical 'black music'. Even if you dislike those singers, they're all very dfferent musical styles.
I know Eminem is offensive, but I find his music to be clever, and it has relevance to modern life. Gangsta rap is just... crap. I don't have a problem with all black music (should have phrased that better really) its just certain kinds like Gangsta Rap and Hip Hop

Did you not read that? :P