Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DOF_power

What Would Have Lewis Hamilton Done If ... ?!

What would have Lewis Hamilton done if ... ?!  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Had Lewis started with Prost's crapy 1980 McLaren, Senna's crapy Toleman, Schumi's Jordan, Alonso's Minardi ?!

• Kicked their @$, scoring point, taking podiums and victories.
    • The same.
    • Who are these people mentioned exactly ?!

Now that it's established, after just 7 races, that Lewis Hamilton is better than Schumacher, Senna, Prost not to mention Alonso and Co., one begs to wonder the following secenario.

Had Lewis started with Prost's crapy 1980 McLaren, Senna's crapy Toleman, Schumi's Jordan, Alonso's Minardi ?!

Now that it's established, after just 7 races, that Lewis Hamilton is better than Schumacher, Senna, Prost not to mention Alonso and Co., one begs to wonder the following secenario.

no-one's saying that, and anyone who does make such a claim is clearly a buffoon.

Judging by his performances so far, I think Hamilton would've had similar debuts to the aforementioned F1 legends. But they were different cars in different eras against different opponents, so who knows

Had Lewis started with Prost's crapy 1980 McLaren, Senna's crapy Toleman, Schumi's Jordan, Alonso's Minardi ?!

He is definately not better than schumacher, senna, Prost or Alonso. He is driving for best car/team this season.. which is acting as a catalyst to his success. Currently he is riding on a hightyde it would be nice to see his response when the things are not in his or his teams favour.

He would have done the same I guess, maybe just a tiny little bit better, as it seems he adapts pretty well to things, but then, he's a lucky guy, he went straight to McLaren (and in the one year they're doing good :P ). Still, I'd like to see him under the pressure of bad luck too, we might get a clearer view at him then.

no-one's saying that, and anyone who does make such a claim is clearly a buffoon.

You'd be surprised how many buffoons there are, some even F1 WDCs.

You'd be surprised how many buffoons there are, some even F1 WDCs.

i know there was 1 'legend' who said that 1 day Lewis could be the greatest ever, but thats not the same as saying that its been established that Hamilton is better than Prost, Senna, Schuey etc!

The only way to measure the performance of a driver is to compare him to his team mate - Lewis is on a par with the current best driver in F1 and has beaten him twice - That is the only barometer of a driver's true pace - Senna, Prost, MS & Mika were fast out of the box compared to their team mates and Lewis is exactly the same.

If Lewis was in the Redbull he would probably be quicker than Webber, Button in the Honda and heidfield in the BMW - The guy has been fast from the age of 11

<_<

I think there's a real possibility he could become the best ever. All this talk about Lewis being in the best car misses the point entirely (and I don't mean my usual point about how the different cars make a mockery of F1 for this very reason): his team-mate is probably the best driver in F1, and is being out-performed by Lewis already. And Lewis is likely to improve significantly over the next few years.

This thread serves no purpose. Just because Lewis isn't riding a capybara as his car this year does not mean he didn't earn his McLaren seat. He was obviously deserving if Ronald signed him so young.

As for being the best ever, I'm a bit doubtful. He doesn't give off the same level of intensity that a Senna or Schumacher did. A multiple WDC, however, is something Lewis should be by the end of his career. If Lewis does end up closing in or beating Schumacher's records, a lot if it will come down to timing, since he'd need a lengthy career to match Schumi, and I doubt McLaren can keep up dominance for such a long time.

-Eric

I'd say he would do good in the 1980's McLaren & Schumi's ol Jordan! Maybe not as good as Albers in the Minardi & who in ****s name is Toleman???

Impossible to say with all the variables. I'd say the same, or maybe a bit better. Who knows. We're yet to see him manage a race start from third or fourth row.

The only way to measure the performance of a driver is to compare him to his team mate - Lewis is on a par with the current best driver in F1 and has beaten him twice - That is the only barometer of a driver's true pace - Senna, Prost, MS & Mika were fast out of the box compared to their team mates and Lewis is exactly the same.

If Lewis was in the Redbull he would probably be quicker than Webber, Button in the Honda and heidfield in the BMW - The guy has been fast from the age of 11

<_<

Yes I agree with your thought's. Your team mate is the best measure thoughout history.

However I do disagree with LH being faster than MW :P

I think there's a real possibility he could become the best ever. All this talk about Lewis being in the best car misses the point entirely (and I don't mean my usual point about how the different cars make a mockery of F1 for this very reason): his team-mate is probably the best driver in F1, and is being out-performed by Lewis already. And Lewis is likely to improve significantly over the next few years.

That's the scary part. Especially if your name happens to be, Fernando Alonso.

Cheers. I like to think I'd give the boy a run for his money.... in... in... in... an egg and spoon race?

Cheers. I like to think I'd give the boy a run for his money.... in... in... in... an egg and spoon race?

:lol: How did I know that you would reply with something like that! :clap3:

Yes I officially disagree too. B)

And I would like to see Hamilton's performance in a wet race, because so far this season we have had none...

What we have to judge LH's wet driving ability on is the two and only two wet practice sessions to be held this year. The first was Practice session 1 on the Friday in Melbourne:

1st FA with a 1.29.214

4th LH with a 1.30.857

Next was the Saturday Practice session in Monaco:

1st AS with a 1.36.612

3rd LH with a 1.36.767

It's not a wet race I know, but going on the two times LH has had to combat a wet track he has been upto the challenge.

Like to see LH do some overtaking manoeuvres, wet driving and start a race from the back of the grid before making a comparison to the "Legends". Still think its a bit early to make judgements.

You forgot one option.

What have you been smoking stricly for medicinal reasons ofcourse? :naughty: .

You've got to be joking this is just too preposterous :blink:

Had he been driving one of those hed either have been way of the pace or had alot of crashes .Those car didn't have all the driver aids the cars have today. They didnt have a racesimulator back then so no 5000 hours of practice before your 1st practice session.

You cannot even begin to compare those drivers hamilton is a great driver but everything was handed to him on a silver platter.