Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chris Strange

There's Always A Number One At Mclaren Says Montoya

That's nice Juan. Anyways, how's oval racing treating you? Yeah? Turned right recently?

Actually he has, Montoya won the NASCAR Busch Series Telcel-Motorola 200 in Mexico City which is a circuit with many right turns. (Though he took out his team mate who was in the lead haha he has experience in taking team mates out USA for example with kimi)

Fat bloke, bitter, racing a wardrobe on wheels, big wooden spoon, stirring $hit.

Next.

Mclaren got it wrong this year, they started off favouring Alonso, but have now realised that it might not be so clear cut. If Ferrari come closer, they'll support whoever is ahead, and Alonso will have to live with it. If they keep their present lead, they might leave it as is.

I think your ryt. Alonso was clearly the favo joining as a double WC. But bcoz of hami's suprising start both mclaren n alonso are rattled.

As for any team there should be a no.1 but may be not right from the start. May be after few races or a season. That's why martin whitemarsh n ron are telling that they are allowing hami n nando to race. Whoever gets the upper hand at the end of the season will be no.1

At the moment hami has the edge on alonso. N bcoz he has a good relationship with macca its turning towards his side.

So the situation is critical for alonso. If he wants that no.1 he needs to put the hammer down in the next few races.

2007 McLaren - F. Alonso = 2006 McLaren

What a profound equation. Like E=MC^2, except that it contains a lot more information.

So let me get this straight, if Alonso was to stop driving tomorrow, Mclaren will revert to their 2006 pace and Lewis will be nowhere?

I think your ryt. Alonso was clearly the favo joining as a double WC. But bcoz of hami's suprising start both mclaren n alonso are rattled.

How hard is it to type complete words, seriously?

I think people who can't post in English are going to go on my ignore list pretty soon, wish we had a proper ignore system, not the stupid one we have now.

What a profound equation. Like E=MC^2, except that it contains a lot more information.

So let me get this straight, if Alonso was to stop driving tomorrow, Mclaren will revert to their 2006 pace and Lewis will be nowhere?

I think alonso did play a major part in the development of the MP4-22. But i'm not sure if its only the alonso part. Did he have anything to do with the reliability part? Id so your absolutely ryt

Tommorow no, but in time absolutely yes.

By 2008 or even as ealry as late 2007 season, unless they'll get MS or Heidfeld, they'll be back to their status. Meaning wannabe, also ran, second fiddle.

That's because only an overburdoned de la Rosa will be left to develop the car, just like in 2006 And we all now what happened. And even more, with Alonso gone, McMerc will also get a big hole in the budget, meaning no more fat paycheck from (spanish giant) Santander.

Then expect Hamy to have the performance that the likes of Raikkonen, Montoya and de la Rosa had in 2006.

I think alonso did play a major part in the development of the MP4-22. But i'm not sure if its only the alonso part. Did he have anything to do with the reliability part? Id so your absolutely ryt

I've heard they increased the spending and the staff. Tough you could say Alonso bringing them the Santander fat paycheck cercenaitly helped in this. And I'm sure his input did too.

Like E=MC^2,

E-MC2 E= Lewis MC= Mclaren and his perfromance is Alonso2?

By 2008 or even as ealry as late 2007 season, unless they'll get MS or Heidfeld, they'll be back to their status. Meaning wannabe, also ran, second fiddle.

So Alonso, arriving after the design phase, after they almost finished end of year testing transformed a midfield car into a dominant one?

That's because only an overburdoned de la Rosa will be left to develop the car, just like in 2006 And we all now what happened.

He helped develop a championship leading car?

And even more, with Alonso gone, McMerc will also get a big hole in the budget, meaning no more fat paycheck from (spanish giant) Santander.

Don't be ridiculous. Fernando Alonso himself takes a pretty fat paycheck, and the sponsors, especially will be queueing up to sponsor Mclaren. Mclaren, like Ferrari have more prospective sponsors than they have space for on the car. Lewis Hamilton just signed a deal with Learjet - not sure if it's a personal thing (I tought Ron didn't allow that) or Mclarne, but just tells you what he can pull in..

Then expect Hamy to have the performance that the likes of Raikkonen, Montoya and de la Rosa had in 2006.

Or 2005? Oh wait...

I've heard they increased the spending and the staff. Tough you could say Alonso bringing them the Santander fat paycheck cercenaitly helped in this. And I'm sure his input did too.

There's helping, and there's "Alonso's hand, like the hand of god magically transformed a midfield car into a dominant one".

So Alonso, arriving after the design phase, after they almost finished end of year testing transformed a midfield car into a dominant one?

He helped develop a championship leading car?

There's helping, and there's "Alonso's hand, like the hand of god magically transformed a midfield car into a dominant one".

Precisely ("transformed" a midfield car into a dominant one).

But there's no magic involved, just hard work, incremental progress.

Design is mostly CAD/CAM. In best case scenario you'll have a car with winning potential.

Tapping and exploitating this potential is another matter however, requiring a lot of hard work. A car is improved/developed thru an entire season. Testing, proving input, sharing knowledge, working on the developement of the car are crucial. Every race means a different setup and at least minor upgrades.

It's a cutthroat developement race (2+ sec. at the end of the season gained), and things can change from one race to another. Undeveloped a top car at the begining of the season will end up midfiled or bottom by end season.

This is were Alonso and de la Rosa come in for McMerc.

Alonso has that capability, just like the late Schumacher, or Heidfeld. He's a worker package type, not a lucky slacker who landed the best car.

The lucky one is Hamilton.

The replacement for Schumacher at Ferrari should have naturaly been Alonso, either him or Heidfeld.

Again, no magic involved, just hard work.

and

CAD/CAM design doesn't give you a winning car, at best a car with the potential to win.

Don't be ridiculous. Fernando Alonso himself takes a pretty fat paycheck, and the sponsors, especially will be queueing up to sponsor Mclaren. Mclaren, like Ferrari have more prospective sponsors than they have space for on the car. Lewis Hamilton just signed a deal with Learjet - not sure if it's a personal thing (I tought Ron didn't allow that) or Mclarne, but just tells you what he can pull in...

McMerc are barely out of debt.

And they are in an exceptional position. Losing big sponsors like Santander is not something they'll want. And it will hurt them. Just ask Renault.

As for Alonso's salary, his sponsors are paying it, and probably there's enough left for the hole McMerc team.

At Renault, Telefonica is estimated to have given up to 30 million per year, and Alonso's salary was little over 7 million.

Or 2005? Oh wait...

They had A. Wurz in 2005.

When he left, they had only de la Rosa to develop the car. That's 2006.

Montoya and Raikkonen = slackers.

DTM's Gary Paffett (who "replaced" Wurz) = as clueless as neathertal would be on developing a space shuttle.

I think people who can't post in English are going to go on my ignore list pretty soon, wish we had a proper ignore system, not the stupid one we have now.

Ha ha! :clap3:

I have the perfect, most reliable and totally dependable ignore system. When I find a post like the one you are referring to, I just stop reading before even finishing the first sentence. Seriosuly, I wouldn't even bother even if it that post contained the key to all the goods things that are and will be.

;)

Does that mean you are going to start ignoring yourself now? :rolleyes:

You seem to be having some trouble with posting in proper English yourself. :naughty:

He had a better car and better reluiability where it mattered.

well this year Alonso needs to show us what a great champion he really is. Cos if Hamilton wins the title and Alonso doesnt have the excuse of poor reliability, then Alonso's own worth will surely come into serious questioning

Your right Alonso is at the point where he can become a great of the modern era of Formula One, up there with the likes of, Hakkinen & Schumacher.

This Championship battle between himself and Hamilton will go down as either the Championship that makes him an all time Champion who's name will be remembered throughout the ages or just another driver who was good but not a great.

This is your time Fernando, step up.

Actually he has, Montoya won the NASCAR Busch Series Telcel-Motorola 200 in Mexico City which is a circuit with many right turns. (Though he took out his team mate who was in the lead haha he has experience in taking team mates out USA for example with kimi)

Ah ha! I guess I don't follow NASCAR closely enough. Still, that was funny ya? B)

Does that mean you are going to start ignoring yourself now? :rolleyes:

You seem to be having some trouble with posting in proper English yourself. :naughty:

It's all about the effort. Andres is not English but goes out of his way to try and phrase sentences and spell correctly. The odd mistake cna be frogivne.

Stop giving Alonso all the credit for Mclaren's upturn in competitiveness this year, its an insult to the hundreds of mclaren employees working their butts off designing and building that car

Stop giving Alonso all the credit for Mclaren's upturn in competitiveness this year, its an insult to the hundreds of mclaren employees working their butts off designing and building that car

:clap3::clap3:

It's all about the effort. Andres is not English but goes out of his way to try and phrase sentences and spell correctly. The odd mistake cna be frogivne.

Sorry but I have to disagree with you on this.

If you are going to moan about the way other people write English atleast have the dignity to post in proper English in the same topic in which you are complaining about it.

When a post is written in incomprehensible language I can understand this type of behaviour.

Many of his posts have spelling errors or typo's but I don't hear anyone complain about that nor should they.

If he wants to complain about the way people write English he should become an English teacher.

Otherwise stop your arrogant behaviour and let people post in their closest approximation of English, you don't own the language.

If it really is all about the effort then surely he can correct his own simple typo's?

Which leads me to believe it's not all about effort and more about "Oh look at me I'm not British and I can write proper English so why can't you stupid?!

For all we know someone could have just started learning English or suffer from dyslexia.

I'm not flaming him for posting in bad English and I sure as hell am not claiming I post in perfect English.

I'm just saying that if he wants to continue complaining about the way others post atleast try not to paint yourself in a corner by making stupid lazy errors and try to be a bit more considerate.

Sorry but there seems to be some kind of misunderstaning here. The original quote Neo has used was from Cav. Anyways, I am painfully aware sometimes about my limitations in English. I think what Steve meant was not about minor grammatical corrections, but about posts like Lalindra's (which was the one Cav and I were referring to originally). One thing is mistyping a word, writing a whole post in some mobile phone message lingo is an entirely different matter. Like Steve said, for many of us English isn't our native tongue yet, as we are posting in an English speaking forum, we try to make our posts as understandable as possible. It is really painful trying to interpret all those "yr" "ryt" "what did U 8"? and things like that.

Just a matter of politeness, that's all.

E-MC2 E= Lewis MC= Mclaren and his perfromance is Alonso2?

:lol: !