Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chris Strange

There's Always A Number One At Mclaren Says Montoya

So Brawn takes the risk of looking like a complete idiot and dares to say this to the world audience..... I don't see his peers questioning him. sorry pal, I'de rather believe Brawn than u....no offence

None taken.

Questioning him ... ughm ...

You see in F1, people actually do look like idiots, by either what they do, or what they say (when they're doing the opposite of the official statement).

The worst part is when they're taking us for idiots.

None taken.

Questioning him ... ughm ...

You see in F1, people actually do look like idiots, by either what they do, or what they say (when they're doing the opposite of the official statement).

The worst part is when they're taking us for idiots.

I must admit i think you know your F1 stuff from your previous postings, i just think you're wrong this time.

Don't think i'm gonna convince you anyway.. :lol:

Well there seems to be some conflict arising in this thread regarding some of my posts. The reason why I wrote in short was due to the fact that I had to rush for a thing (personel). But I think you people here are intelligent enough to understand this situation. I don't see a point here to start making a big issue out of it. Well if I did sound a bit arrogant iam sorry. But after all this is not like a major exam where you need to be prim and proper. In certain situations you need to adapt to it. But if you do need to ignore it its fine with me. Its not a problem. Just your opinion. I hope you understood my point. No harsh feelings. I don't think we need unnecessay arguments here. Its all for the good of the game.

Cheers

Sorry. It was your first offence and your posts are generally fine, it's just that after reading a lot of such posts from others, yours was the breaking point.

Just to avoid a lot of more "Alonso made McLaren great/No, Alonso is a WDC just because of sheer luck" threads, here's a rule of thumb:

The theory was promoted by Mike (that if Alonso was ina Renault, they'd be winning and Mclaren would be in the midfield) so it had to be replied to, unlike the ramblings of ignorant fools. I don't know if he still stands by that.

"It is a false belief that a driver can tell the engineers how to make the car faster," he said."

So what about J.Brabham, B. McLaren or M. Schumacher, or ...

You're taking it out of context and distorting his statement. None of those drivers told the engineers what to do, they were dedicated, hard working and intelligent. That's only part of it, what Brawn is probably trying to say is that if the car has fundamental problems, there isn't much a good test driver can do. Your theory of magical test drivers is so full of holes that it isn't worth bothering with. Why is the 2007 Renault good? Because of Alonso. Why was the 2005 Renault good then? Because of Wurz. Why is Williams crap then? Err well don't remember you answering that one.

I must admit i think you know your F1 stuff from your previous postings,

Really? Never saw any of them, care to point me to them?

haha yep it was :D

I remember when Mclaren lost Adrian Newey and me thinking (probably many other aswell) that Mclaren are going backwards and wont get back to the front for another 5 years. How wrong was I. And look at RBR even with a Newey designed car it can only manage points finishes. But I think it could be due to the Bridgestones as their not used to them.

Perhaps losing Newey was the best thing that could have happened to McLaren. Newey builds fast but fragile cars, it seems. Certainly McLaren's reliability has improved right after Newey's departure* and Red Bull have had quite alot of mechanical failures, specifically with their seamless shift.

*Before anyone starts saying 'You were wrong, AP, Kimi wasn't the cause of McLaren's troubles' I want to stress that my position has always been, in regards to Kimi, that he doesn't take into account the fragility of this cars, which leads to his DNFs.

"The driver's role is limited to describing his impressions to the engineers so that the data can be interpreted correctly."

Yes, and that's something Alonso does very well. And furthermore, it is not trivial. That's the last step, the polish, that can make a car winner or looser. A good design is needed and that's engineers work.

"The driver's role is limited to describing his impressions to the engineers so that the data can be interpreted correctly."

Yes, and that's something Alonso does very well. And furthermore, it is not trivial. That's the last step, the polish, that can make a car winner or looser. A good design is needed and that's engineers work.

True.

Along side super computer, wind tunnels, all properly funded ofcourse.

Last step, the polish, not quite the best figure of speach since the car is developed/improved/optimised until the last race.

But I agree with the idea.