Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dribbler

"sutil Can Be Hamilton's Biggest Rival"

26 June 2007

Source: GP.net

Spyker F1 team boss Colin Kolles believes Adrian Sutil can become Lewis Hamilton's biggest rival on track. Lewis Hamilton is currently leading the Formula 1 championship and has been racing with Sutil in the Formula 3 series two years ago.

Hamilton has shocked the Formula 1 world this season as he finished his first seven races on the podium but F1's other rookie, Adrian Sutil, has also been doing well at Spyker defeating his team-mate Christijan Albers at various occasions.

To Spyker team boss Colin Kolles it is pretty clear. Sutil will become Hamilton's biggest challenge in Formula 1. "In Adrian Sutil we have the number one challenger to Lewis Hamilton," Kolles told PA. "But we have to provide our drivers with a better car so they can challenge. Adrian was Lewis Hamilton's former team-mate in Formula 3 so they know each other's strengths and they know each other's weaknesses.

"He is a promising young talent for us, but we have to be realistic with where we are at the moment in terms of the car. We are always working on improving the car and we need to provide him with a better car to compete against the best teams and drivers. Adrian is a big asset for the future. I believe in the future Adrian will be a big rival on the track to Lewis Hamilton."

I like Sutil. It's not difficult to see what Kolles is doing though. "My boy is worth lots, pay up and you can have him".

I like Sutil. It's not difficult to see what Kolles is doing though. "My boy is worth lots, pay up and you can have him".

Maybe so but i do believe that Subtil is a very good driver and if he is given a competitive car then he could surprise quite afew people.

Maybe so but i do believe that Subtil is a very good driver and if he is given a competitive car then he could surprise quite afew people.

I agree. My point is not to question the worth of Sutil, purely the blatant auction tactics of the dentist.

I rate Sutil, he has showed the world that Albers is not worthy of a drive in the future thats for sure and certain.

Gotta be annoyed that Albers grand plan to ensure his future in the sport looks likely to backfire, when he married Liselore Kooijman, daughter of one of Spykers largest financial backers :lol:

I think Satan will be skating to work before Spyker build a race winning car

Gotta be annoyed that Albers grand plan to ensure his future in the sport looks likely to backfire, when he married Liselore Kooijman, daughter of one of Spykers largest financial backers :lol:

Hehehe could be some fraught conversations in that family then, if Daddy (or Daddy's buddy) sacks Hubby hmmm.... :lol:

Oh and I agree about Sutil - I had thought Albers was one of the more talented rookies of recent years until now. Perhaps Albers is struggling with the tyres or something else but still, we have been inundated with talent it seems recently and Sutil is part of that new wave for sure.

I rate Sutil, he has showed the world that Albers is not worthy of a drive in the future thats for sure and certain.

Really!? I wonder if his manager suggested that move :lol:

sutil>albers>montero>karthakain

I'm sure Sutil would be gratified to know he was being compared with such illustrious competition.....

Kolles would say that about 1 of his own drivers wouldnt he.

Liuzzi would also do very well in a top car in my opinion. Sutil is fast but its all about the opportunities you get

Since when did they forget about Kovy? He's been trashing his team-mate Fisi in the last few races! I never knew Sutil could even possibly do better than Albers so all 3 rookies this year have done great!

Since when did they forget about Kovy? He's been trashing his team-mate Fisi in the last few races! I never knew Sutil could even possibly do better than Albers so all 3 rookies this year have done great!

dont forget little Ant!

ant is no rookie

Yes he is. Subbing for a driver in a few odd races years ago doesn't prepare you for the enormous effort of a GP season. Officially Ant is no rookie, but realistically he is.

Unlike the other rookies though he hasn't really equalled or outshone his more experienced teammate.

Unlike the other rookies though he hasn't really equalled or outshone his more experienced teammate.

True, Sato is in the form of his life this year, but the season is long. Give Ant time.

I rate Sutil a lot, if he can lose his rookie mistakes (which I believe he will) and become a bit more consistant then I think he belongs with a better team. :thbup: Regardless of where he ends up I'll be a fan.

I rate Sutil a lot, if he can lose his rookie mistakes (which I believe he will) and become a bit more consistant then I think he belongs with a better team. :thbup: Regardless of where he ends up I'll be a fan.

Ditto.

The rookies that i like as they seem to be nice people are Kovalainen and Kubica though i must admitt that i havent really paid much attention to Sutil and Davidson so i dont really know what they are like. Ive already decided to dislike Hamilton :D

all 4 of them seem like pretty decent blokes, so i'm happy for any of them to do well.

whats your problem with Lewis ykickamoocow?