Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

Dc: I Am Driving As Well As Lewis

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport/6252424.stm

I'm as good as Lewis - Coulthard

David Coulthard

Coulthard's best finish this season has been a fifth spot in Spain

David Coulthard believes he would be challenging Lewis Hamilton at the top of the Formula One championship if he had a better car at his disposal.

The 36-year-old Scot has picked up four points for Red Bull Racing this season but says he is driving as well as ever.

"It will end at some point, but in the meantime I'm driving every bit as well as Lewis Hamilton - I just don't have the car to show it," said Coulthard.

"I know I can do something remarkable, although it may not be obvious."

Coulthard has raced in 218 Grands Prix in a 14-year career and describes his victory in a McLaren in France in 2000 as a remarkable moment.

That was the last time McLaren won at Magny-Cours, although with Hamilton and Fernando Alonso flying high in the championship that record looks in danger of being eclipsed at the weekend.

"Winning then was remarkable because it was a challenge, it was difficult," reflected Coulthard.

Mark Webber is hailed as one of the quickest guys in qualifying, but up against him I do a very good job

David Coulthard

"I still get those remarkable results, it's just that they are not in the public eye.

"But I am getting more out of the equipment than it should deliver on certain occasions, like finishing third last year in Monaco.

"And beating your team-mate is part of it. Mark Webber is hailed as one of the quickest guys in qualifying, but up against him I do a very good job.

"I do this job because I love it - it's not about money - and I do a good job. I give value for money.

"Obviously, I want to compete and race because Formula One is the pinnacle of motorsport and I believe I can make a difference."

Coulthard's contract with Red Bull expires at the end of the season, although he has made it clear he is keen to stay on.

:roll:

The funniest thingis that the only examples he can bring up of those 'remarkable' drives is one from 2000, and a race from last year, where he was slower than his teammate, and only got a podium because his teammate's car broke down and Michael Schumacher lost a whole lap behind the safety car.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport/6252424.stm

:roll:

The funniest thingis that the only examples he can bring up of those 'remarkable' drives is one from 2000, and a race from last year, where he was slower than his teammate, and only got a podium because his teammate's car broke down and Michael Schumacher lost a whole lap behind the safety car.

I guess you didnt watch the French GP back in 2000 as Coulthard was faster than Mika all weekend and he had already past Schumacher before his wheel fell off.

Also i somehow knew it was going to be you who posted this article as for some reason you love knocking Coulthard whenever possible. Coulthard is driving very well this year and he would have ALOT more ponts on the board if Red Bull werent having al these reliabilty problems. Can anyone honesty tell me that if Hamilton was in Coulthards RB3 he would have scored more points than DC?

I guess you didnt watch the French GP back in 2000 as Coulthard was faster than Mika all weekend and he had already past Schumacher before his wheel fell off.

He said:

I still get those remarkable results, it's just that they are not in the public eye.

The 2000 race is hardly relevant there, is it?

Also i somehow knew it was going to be you who posted this article as for some reason you love kocking Coulthard whenever possible.

I do. That neither adds weight to anything you say, nor does it discredit anything I say.

Coulthard is driving very well this year and he would have ALOT more ponts on the board if Red Bull werent having al these reliabilty problems. Can anyone honesty tell me that if Hamilton was in Coulthards RB3 he would have scored more points than DC?

That's not what I said. That is not even what DC said. What he did say is up there, in his own words.

DC shouldn't go out at public comparing himself with Lewis, especialy not now when Lewis is at another planet and DC is doing very ''avarage'', I thought he has a bit more style... :nono1:

DC shouldn't go out at public comparing himself with Lewis, especialy not now when Lewis is at another planet and DC is doing very ''avarage'', I thought he has a bit more style... :nono1:

How is DC doing very average. In nearly every race (including the one he scored points in) he has either had techniqual problems in either qualifying or the race. I dont think there is a single driver on the grid who could have done better under the same circumstances.

Nop, I can't think of a single driver on the grid who could have done a better job of almost killing Wurz.

Nice way of changing the subject so you can continue your attack on Coulthard.

Huh? You said you can't think of a single driver who would have done better this year? I think there are plenty who would not have crashed into Wurz there.

It is entirely on topic. We're discussing DC's so called remarkable performance and his claim that he is driving as well as Lewis. So when was the last time Lewis almost guillotined another driver?

Bit rich of you to mention one mistake from coulthard when you support a driver who was the master at taking his competitors off the road with dangerous isn't it cav

It is entirely on topic. We're discussing DC's so called remarkable performance and his claim that he is driving as well as Lewis. So when was the last time Lewis almost guillotined another driver?

Hamilton has only been in formula 1 a short time. Talk to me again after he has been in formula 1 for over 12 years. Every driver makes mistakes and as i recall Coulthard took full responsiblity and apologised to Wurz straight away. I dont recall Schumacher apologising to anyone in his formula 1 career.

Bit rich of you to criticize anyone else for anything considering you're uneducated, unemployed and doing nothing in life, isn't i Shane?

Hamilton has only been in formula 1 a short time. Talk to me again after he has been in formula 1 for over 12 years. Every driver makes mistakes and as i recall Coulthard took full responsiblity and apologised to Wurz straight away. I dont recall Schumacher apologising to anyone in his formula 1 career.

So how has he been driving as well as Hamilton this year then? And where are these remarkable performances that he still produces? Where does Schumacher come into it?

Nice try cav. Unfortunately for you, I took a screenshot of the post

:lol: I've told you before, you way overestimate your importance in the cav universe. Report it if it makes you happy. Just my advice - report it to ecapdeville, send him a pm and you are more or less guaranteed a permanent ban.

Already sent a report, it will depend who decides to act first.

Importance is nothing to me, not with someone like you, but rather than let you annoy me, I will let the staff deal with your behaviour, it is the only way to keep myself out of trouble

PS: Send a pm to a mod, if you use th report feature, all you get is a pm from Jens asking you to stop littering his mailbox :lol:

Why don't you two grow up?

You better ban me, don't want to disappoint Shane do we?

As for growing up, I'd consider it, if you bothered setting an example. If you call me a prat, I might as well be one.

PS: Send a pm to a mod, if you use the report feature, all you get is a pm from Jens asking you to stop littering his mailbox :lol:

If he doesn't want to receive messages, he shouldn't be a moderator

Why don't you two grow up?

Nice work as usual Bruce, you suspended me before for less than that. Guess I am gonna have to have a word with ecap

My 5 year old grandson acts like you two, at least he has an excuse............................

Your 5 year old grandson could probably do a better job of moderating as well :)