Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quiet One

Rekindle Your Love For Tf1

Well, Andres, I must admit I just get tired of all the baiting/bashing and general childish behavious these days.

I just can't understand why people have to get into arguments all the time, it's just a total lack of respect for other people's opinions. We are quite different in our some of our likes/dislikes in F1 and other areas, but we never get into an argument about it. We have told each other our different points of view, but then don't go on to 'fight' about it.

@Sato: I don't mind the non-F1 related topics. In fact I love them! Right after I joined I remember reading a long thread about different kind of teas. You won't get something like that in any other forum...well, except in a tea lovers forums :eusa_think:

I meant where F1 topics fall completely off topic to argue about god knows what half the time. I try not to be part of it, but I admit I have once or twice. I now just don't bother to post in many topics, if what I'm going to say isn't going to bring new information, or a completely different point of view, so I decrease my chance of being involved in anything like that. I guess that's a god thing for all of you though, not having to read my worthless posts ;)

There is more going on then people leaving because of a few childish spats. THe fact is the sport itself does not offer enough to overweigh these spats. They become the focus, because there is nothing else worth talking about.

I hear how I am supposed to love the series for what it is..........Fat chance of that. Drivers are the personality of the sport, and this series just doesn't have any character players any more. A bunch of corporate mouth pieces, that wouldn't put forth an opinion if their life depended on it. MS, JV,JPM recently and then a little further back in history EI,NM, all brought something to the sport that gave it passion. Sadly we have lost all of that, and have nothing left but factory corporate drivers speaking in prerecorded sound bits.

F1 to motor racing is what the Backstreet boys are to music. Polished, corporate money maker, with no real passion for racing. How many cars do we sell in that market, lets put a race there. That is what drives this sport, and finally it has become irrelevant in a true racing fan's heart. A hollow empty shell of it's former self. A parade of cars circling the track with only 20% of the drivers even having a chance to win.

Having said that though, I will conceed the current drivers championship is the one ray of sunshine in a sport deluged with boredom and politics.

Whoever Bruce is, he IP banned Shane!!!! Though he created a new account & you might've seen him in the newest member section! New account: well, Shane3!

4) My personal list of people I would like to hear about is: Murray, Paul, Steve, Mike, Russ, Bruce, Eduardo, Kay, Brad, Ankit, Abbas, Ykick, Jem, Cav (once he comes back from detention :lol: )...there are more, but these are the people who used to post more a few months ago. If any of you read this...please, I would love to hear your comments.

personally I just ignore the childishness etc and look out for interesting F1-related posts to respond to.

a couple of years ago I did used to frequently get in heated arguments with bajo39 and montoya_fan_hates_jenson cos they were such a pair of fannys but i'm long since moved on from all that!

basically if people want to be immature or start hurling abuse for fun, just let them, no-one makes you respond to it. Just ignore it, its only a post on the internet from somone you've never met on the other side of the world, who cares if they're acting like a moron, just click on a different thread! thats what i do!

bajo was fun to chat with, and I wish Alistair would come back.

Both were good assets of the forum...but we know why they left isnt we? <_<

Errmmm, well actually no, I don't.

Do you remember them?

I'm not sure exactly what it was that made them leave, but then again I didn't really care, as they weren't my favourite posters.

Firstly I must congratulate Andres for making a thread where this issue can be talked about in what has been so far anyway a sensible manner.

This is great for the forum to have a self assessment where we can all take a step back and look at things and find reasons why some things maybe the way they are.

Yeah we might have some people on the forum who try and wreck the peace and enjoyment that others get from logging on and having a good old chat to people the world over that share the same love for Formula One. But overall there really are some fantastic characters on the forum (you know who you are) who I can say really make posting here a absolute pleasure.

We all need to respect each other, and respect each others opinions weather they be right or wrong in our own mind and learn that the forum should be a place where you are not going to be attacked for having an opinion that differs from another. We are all grown up sensible people act like one and brush aside those who cannot.

Lets keep TF1 a happy place and the place that we all thought at some stage "hey that looks like a great forum to join"

Well that's my rant just about over but I will have one parting message: Treat others like you yourself would like to be treated and we would go some of the way to having an even better forum for everyone to enjoy.

Peace everyone :)

Firstly I must congratulate Andres for making a thread where this issue can be talked about in what has been so far anyway a sensible manner.

This is great for the forum to have a self assessment where we can all take a step back and look at things and find reasons why some things maybe the way they are.

Yeah we might have some people on the forum who try and wreck the peace and enjoyment that others get from logging on and having a good old chat to people the world over that share the same love for Formula One. But overall there really are some fantastic characters on the forum (you know who you are) who I can say really make posting here a absolute pleasure.

We all need to respect each other, and respect each others opinions weather they be right or wrong in our own mind and learn that the forum should be a place where you are not going to be attacked for having an opinion that differs from another. We are all grown up sensible people act like one and brush aside those who cannot.

Lets keep TF1 a happy place and the place that we all thought at some stage "hey that looks like a great forum to join"

Well that's my rant just about over but I will have one parting message: Treat others like you yourself would like to be treated and we would go some of the way to having an even better forum for everyone to enjoy.

:worshippy::worshippy::worshippy: !

There is more going on then people leaving because of a few childish spats. THe fact is the sport itself does not offer enough to overweigh these spats. They become the focus, because there is nothing else worth talking about.

I hear how I am supposed to love the series for what it is..........Fat chance of that. Drivers are the personality of the sport, and this series just doesn't have any character players any more. A bunch of corporate mouth pieces, that wouldn't put forth an opinion if their life depended on it. MS, JV,JPM recently and then a little further back in history EI,NM, all brought something to the sport that gave it passion. Sadly we have lost all of that, and have nothing left but factory corporate drivers speaking in prerecorded sound bits.

F1 to motor racing is what the Backstreet boys are to music. Polished, corporate money maker, with no real passion for racing. How many cars do we sell in that market, lets put a race there. That is what drives this sport, and finally it has become irrelevant in a true racing fan's heart. A hollow empty shell of it's former self. A parade of cars circling the track with only 20% of the drivers even having a chance to win.

Having said that though, I will conceed the current drivers championship is the one ray of sunshine in a sport deluged with boredom and politics.

I always hate having to agree with you, but it's even worse in this case because it involves admitting that the whole sport is a mess, but you are right. Why don't you post in the "Fia Unveils Radical Plans For 2011" thread"? It would warm the c#ckles of my heart for we two to argue the same side for once! :lol:

Yup! They were a huge loss to the forum, in terms of knowledge and "rhetorical vigour", shall we say.. :lol:

And no, Muzza, sorry but I am already engaged with Paul...but Ben told me he would loooove to have phonesex with you. He will start by singing a couple of Girls Aloud hits, just to get you in the mood.

:lol: Yeah, you know I already tried to have msn sex with him? But alas, I'm "not buff enough" for him and he wasn't very impressed with my pecker either. :(

b#####d. I don't need him... I have two hands of my own...

lovely stuff from one of the best guys on the forums.... and ecapdeville and MG's been pretty quiet. I absolutely love TF1 forums, actually I can't imagine me not coming to the forums everyday, but yes, let's make it the great place it use to be....

I think everything I would say has already been said on the matter. I made a topic awhile back on 'Text Speak' and that was one of the issues of concern for me. Don't know why, but when text speak occurs it isn't long before things becoming 'childish' or insulting in particular threads. I appreciate we've had a wave of younger members, but I don't see it as an excuse for the way some are behaving nor do I see it as the main reason, but one of them for me posting less.

As for ignoring people, I do it / have done it myself, but without the ignore function. If you put them on ignore you just wonder what they've posted, yet if you just ignore them through your own self control it is much easier and successful. What is with this, "You are on ignore now!" type comments?

There are always going to be posters who go a little too far in their points, but eventually everyone should know who is looking for a reaction or has no base for their comments and who you can discuss things with.

I say it a lot: Attack the post, not the poster.

Do you remember them?

I remember Dan very well, I don't remember Alistair though. I did actually quite like Dan, but he was a wind up merchant! :lol:

I think that requires a round of 'Aussie, Oi, Aussie, Oi, Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi' :lol:

I remember Dan very well, I don't remember Alistair though. I did actually quite like Dan, but he was a wind up merchant! :lol:

Alistair was Senna...quite a character...

I miss both...even if somedays made the forum a hard place to live in. :rolleyes:

yeah i noticed i haven't been very active much these days even though i only joined this year. i guess it's cos work is killing me so i just can't be bothered to use the internet as much as i used to back in the old days as the bum i once was :lol:

The only female members that come on every once in a while that I can think of are: Kay_Zee, Katy & elgo so the majority of active male posters will definately send them away!

New members?? If there are any new posters, they'll surely have to be on these forums a lot to come up to the standards of....well I'm not gonna mention any names!

I'm afraid nothing you do can scare me anymore hehe (Nop, that's not a challenge, murray...)

Actually I've been a bit busy due to Uni end of semester and maybe I'm studying marketing from now on too. I truly apologize to the... 1 person who missed me hehehehehe

Also been busy with the fansite :) This makes clear I won't forget TF1. Actually I pass by this forum almost everyday, but it's just not as cool to post on a thread if you missed the beggining of it. And I'm mostly late hehe I'm on vacations now, and I'm 'a try to post here more often ;)

I'm afraid nothing you do can scare me anymore hehe (Nop, that's not a challenge, murray...)

You're soooo right Kati. Scaring you is not a challenge at all!

BOO! :P

I'm currently regrouping, prior to making an amphibious assault on the forum armed with bushels of wit and bonhomie, and zero tolerance for morons. See you soon.