Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Silas Talbot

Mclaren Stealing Ferrari Secrets?

I am not getting how Ron can be 100% certain that no parts were used on his car.

He would have said that nobody at McLaren had those documents if they hadn't found it at Coughlan's home.

How??? How would they have sold that info to Honda? Showed them Mclaren and Ferrari confidential blueprints with stamps? Or suggested info, if so, how would Honda believe them?

So many questions....

You hit the nail on the head, my friend! First off, I wasn't suggesting they would sell the documents to Honda. We now know that Stepney and Coughlan intended to go for jobs at Honda. Why indeed would they need Ferrari documents when they have all that Ferrari and McLaren knowledge in their heads? The documents weren't needed, yet they are the crucial part of this whole thing. Without the documents, all this goes away and Honda gains two very valuable employees. With the documents floating around, Ferrari gain by taking Stepney out of F1 action....Coughlan too.

Here's an interesting question: Why would someone like Coughlan need to send his wife to the local copy shop to get the papers put to a disk? Certainly he has a scanner at home and certainly he possesses the technical knowledge to use said scanner. Why bother to send his wife out to a public copy place where it's common knowledge that you can't copy 'copyrighted' materials? Could Coughlan, in some even more bizarre twist of tale, be conspiring with Ferrari to take down Stepney? Who knows....I need another beer.

You hit the nail on the head, my friend! First off, I wasn't suggesting they would sell the documents to Honda. We now know that Stepney and Coughlan intended to go for jobs at Honda. Why indeed would they need Ferrari documents when they have all that Ferrari and McLaren knowledge in their heads? The documents weren't needed, yet they are the crucial part of this whole thing. Without the documents, all this goes away and Honda gains two very valuable employees. With the documents floating around, Ferrari gain by taking Stepney out of F1 action....Coughlan too.

Here's an interesting question: Why would someone like Coughlan need to send his wife to the local copy shop to get the papers put to a disk? Certainly he has a scanner at home and certainly he possesses the technical knowledge to use said scanner. Why bother to send his wife out to a public copy place where it's common knowledge that you can't copy 'copyrighted' materials? Could Coughlan, in some even more bizarre twist of tale, be conspiring with Ferrari to take down Stepney? Who knows....I need another beer.

Do "black" heilos fallow you around Mike??

Depends how big the documents are I suppose, I have an A4 scanner, but anything bigger and I'm screwed...

I really hope this is sorted on Thursday as I'm away from Friday and don't fancy on missing out on another case solved... was away at different parts during the big Button saga 1 and Button saga 2.

They should have got Scooby Doo and Shaggy on the case. Wait maybe I'm already behind... does Heidfeld have a dog???

does Heidfeld have a dog???

No, you're thinking of Ralf's wife.

Ron Dennis seems pretty adamant in his Appeal press-release that Stepney gave Coughalan documents in their Spain meeting, and Stepney says that he didn't...

Stepney: "They put the powder in my trouser pocket while I was taking a shower,"

Interesting...

Depends how big the documents are I suppose, I have an A4 scanner, but anything bigger and I'm screwed...

I really hope this is sorted on Thursday as I'm away from Friday and don't fancy on missing out on another case solved... was away at different parts during the big Button saga 1 and Button saga 2.

They should have got Scooby Doo and Shaggy on the case. Wait maybe I'm already behind... does Heidfeld have a dog???

I would imagine a guy like Coughlan that makes 700,000 p/year could afford more of a scanner than any of us could. If the documents were any bigger than 11x17 it might be a bit difficult to get 800 of them past the Ferrari front gates. Anyway, I would find this whole thing hugely amusing if it turned out that Coughlan was already in the employ of Ferrari and staged all of this to screw McLaren before he left.