Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kay

British Gp: Practice, Qualifying & Race

Last Session:

Reminder we have these drivers left:

Alonso, Hamilton, Fisichella, Kovalainen, Massa, Raikkonen, Heidfeld, Kubica, Schumacher & Trulli.

Lewis is first at the lights. The fuel burn process starts, which is the most boring aspect of qualifying. The Mclarens are circulating in front of the Ferraris and the former are playing mind games with each other. Alonso tried to jump Lewis at the lights and is now nailing himself close to the gearbox of Hamilton.

First round of stops to go for a pole attempt: Alonso has a purple first sector and last sector and goes provisional pole with a 1:20.410. Massa sets a purple middle sector and does a 1:20.482. Kimi does a 1:20.528 and ends up third. Hamilton goes fourth with a 1:20.593. Kubica is currently best of the rest. (RK, GF, HK, RS, NH, JT)

Alonso and Massa pit for their second attempt, later followed by Kimi. Second attempts at pole: Alonso has provisional pole with a 1:20.147, Massa goes second with a 1:20.265, but Kimi storms to pole with a 1:20.099. Lewis is going much better this lap and takes pole: 1:19.997.

---

So Lewis goes from the slowest of the top four to the fastest in the last lap, James Allen sounds like... well.

Hamilton just took pole! what a shocker, i thought alonso had it for sure, then kimi had it for sure, then hamilton takes it

James Allen just had a heart attack because HAMILTON GET POLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kimi geoes 2nd while Alonso goes 3rd which means Massa is the odd 1 out! What a qualifying session & this is gonna be a fantastic race! Now I can't wait till tomorrow :D:D:D:D !!!!!!!!!

I wonder what Lewis will say in his interview to ITV about tomorrow's start... wonder if he'll be as arrogant as last time claiming he'd get the lead in the first corner or the fifth.

But did Kimi make that little mistake I thought I saw? First I couldn't believe he was fastest, and then Hamilton came unexpectedly and took the pole... I'm still :blink:

But did Kimi make that little mistake I thought I saw? First I couldn't believe he was fastest, and then Hamilton came unexpectedly and took the pole... I'm still :blink:
Yeah. At the 2nd last corner, he took up a bit of gravel which lost him a bit of time but we was still pole position at the time, until Hamilton came along B) !

Yep, Kimi certainly lost some time there, perhaps it cost him the pole. I expect him to try and take Lewis this race, he has the advantage of knowing he did it last race when Lewis was expecting to take Massa.

Yeah Kimi had the pace for pole, which in some ways I find quite encouraging, perhaps he's not too much heavier than Lewis. Anyway, Lewis can afford to lose a few points to Kimi at this stage.

Anyone notice that Honda have gone back to last years car, they've given up on this years.

Coulthard has noted in a interview that he is only British when he is winning. When he isnt winning he is Scottish :D

THat man is a treasure to have around. Very funny stuff, and so true.

Alonso... :itsok: The little Lewis seems to be indeed as good as the hype says grrrr...

I know I am being a sore loser here, but I just invented a few new swear words while watching Lewis dad's acting as if HE was the one who got the pole.

I tuned into my first F1 show this year. The qualifying was good, and I see this Hamilton kid is the real deal. I say he is the real deal, because he handled the pressure of going out and winning the pole on his last run of the day. He had a job to do and did what was expected of him.

If Hamilton winns tomorow I'm gonna turn my tv off for about a month :bag:

I fancy Kimi for the race and hope Lewis comes 2nd, Felipe 3rd & Alonso 4th - Lewis will then extend his lead in the WDC and Alonso should then be asked to play the team game and support the 'leading' driver

:naughty:

Also the Toro Rosso is essentially the same car as the Red Bull only with fewer updates. There is no reason why the Toro Rosso's should be faster than the Red Bull's but for some reason they are.

Engine?

THat man is a treasure to have around. Very funny stuff, and so true.

Yea! I like some of his comments, very straight forward and yet good humour!

Alonso... :itsok: The little Lewis seems to be indeed as good as the hype says grrrr...

I know I am being a sore loser here, but I just invented a few new swear words while watching Lewis dad's acting as if HE was the one who got the pole.

Comon Andres! You don't know what is it like to be a Daddy!

what a contrast! While my Dad runs for cover each time someone comes complaining about my driving! :D

So the pole goes to Hamsy then...well, there are 2 choices for tomorrow. Either Lewis is on low fuel and strategies make the difference or all top four are with about the same fuel load and we'll have an extremely close fought race. I'd like the latter one better for sure..

My prediction for the top 8:

1.Kimi/Hamsy

2.Kimi/Hamsy +2-5s

3.Massa +10-20s

4.Alonso +10-20s

5.Kubica +40-60s

6.Kovalainen +60s-1 lap

7.Schumacher +60s-1 lap

8.Heidfeld +60s-1 lap

Kimi and Hamilton will fight for the win while Massa and Lonso do the same for the third place. I put Kimi on top just because his my fave from those two but it is really fifty-fifty with Hamilton.

SCOTT P15 AGAIN! GO SCOTTY GO! GIVE 'EM HELL! MAYBE JUST MAYBE YOU CAN GET AN AMAZING (GASP) P21 IN THE RACE!

Uhh, yeah. I didn't watch. I boycott SPEED for putting races on FOX on tape delay...not really, I was just asleep.

Anyway, Bernie won't admit that he wants the race in Silverstone to stay, so instead of just signing a deal with them, he's fixing the sport so Lewis wins so he HAS to keep Silverstone, but is just pretending he HAS to because he WANTS to. Now, if you believe that theory, I suggest you locate a poster named Aterk, who will tell you all sorts of wonderful things about how mashed potatoes can hurt a driver's performance...

I think Kimi and Lewis will take eachother out, collecting Alonso in the mess. Then Felipe will have the lead, but suddenly it will start raining and he'll spin off 87 times. Scott Speed will hold off Takuma Sato, Adrian Sutil, and Vitantonio Liuzzi in a 4-wide battle to the finish.

Either that or Lewis will cruise to victory. Your choice.

-Eric

I already made my prediction for the race, and my comment on Alonso crashing everybody in front of him, in some other thread:

Why would he do that? So the British can lynch him? No way! The smart thing to do is move aside, let Ralf do it and THEN pass alongside the smoking remaints of the other cars. Meanwhile, Ralf would step out of the car and say "It was just a racing incident." The furious crowd, as well as the racing authorities, will just laugh and cheer and the whole story would be soon forgotten.

As for Speed, after being visited by Liuzzi's cousin from Chicago (named Vito, too - VL has a big family) will suddenly decide not to race and contemplate the simpler beauties of life in a Hospital, while waiting for his left leg to grow back.

Button will show once again that he is capable to extract the best from a good car, and the worst from a bad car. :P

If Hamilton winns tomorow I'm gonna turn my tv off for about a month :bag:
Why?? He did great in qualifying & does'nt deserve to be argued at! Oh wait! Is this related to James Allen's heart attack because that;s the only thing I blame Hamilton on!