Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ykickamoocow

Universal Health Care Breeds Terrorism - According To Fox

Its nice to know Fox news plays fair and balanced reports. Its obvious to any sane individual that anything helping the poor is obviously evil. Its embarrassing to think that Rupert Murdoch was born and raised in Australia.

Hey! Don't bash Fox. I think that's the best comedy coming out of America these days.

And yeah, I'm not PC but what they're saying is basically racist. They don't want any more Muslims coming into their country, because all Muslims are terrorists, obviously.

Their analysis is pathetic. The real reasons Britain has so many problems with Muslim terrorists are (1) we support America, (2) America's policies incite Muslims around the world and (3) we don't help Muslims enough in our country. So, following on from point (3), we should make sure Muslims get served better by the NHS, not create a US-style health-care system where Muslims would suffer even more, because in the UK they are very poor on average.

I couldnt disagree further with you there Murray - I would infact say the English government is more concerned about the welfare of Muslims then the natural born English people.

Im sure this debate could go on with a wealth of reasons, evidence (as all political debates do), but the simple matter is that most religions have extremists and all of them are muppets in need of a good spanking from their mummys!

I couldnt disagree further with you there Murray - I would infact say the English government is more concerned about the welfare of Muslims then the natural born English people.

Im sure this debate could go on with a wealth of reasons, evidence (as all political debates do), but the simple matter is that most religions have extremists and all of them are muppets in need of a good spanking from their mummys!

replace most with all, and I agree 100%

Yeah I agree with you both. I think Islam is harmful, just like Christianity, or any other irrational belief system. Nevertheless Muslims in the UK do need more help imho. They are poorer and have worse health and education than the rest of us - conditions which would breed extremists like vermin in any community.

And the last time you saw a Christian telling their child to strap a bomb onto themselves to blow up a pizza parlor?

There are other ways to be harmful. And when you think about it, even Bush has killed far more innocent Muslims than Muslim suicide bombers ever managed to kill US citizens. But even so, there have been Christian terrorists throughout history. The historical examples are too obvious to mention, but examples today would include the Irish terrorists, who aren't even mentioned in the wiki page on Christian terrorism, which has several other modern-day examples.

But I think you might be missing the main point I was making. The reasons more Muslims do that today is that more Muslims are poor, ill and uneducated. If you look at poor, ill and uneducated people in the US (say black people for example, due to racism) you'll find that they might be less likely to be suicide bombers but they have very high crime rates. I doubt even Fox would suggest we stop all black people entering our countries because they're more likely to be criminals.

Yeah I sometimes watch Fox news for entertainment value. But seriously, it's no wonder many Americans see the world slightly differently when they get news programs like that.

Yeah I sometimes watch Fox news for entertainment value. But seriously, it's no wonder many Americans see the world slightly differently when they get news programs like that.

The problem with television in most countries is that the channels are owned by extremely wealthy people and as a general rule most billionaires are right wing which means most television channels are right wing. There are the occasional exception like the BBC (British Broadcasting Coperation) and ABC (Australian Broadcasting Corperation) but for the most part all television stations are right wing.

You obviously haven't heard of CBS or NBC or ABC news in America then.

CNN too.

But who owns those networks?

CBS-Viacom, NBC/MSNBC-GE(General Electric), ABC-Disney, CNN-Time Warner all of those networks are very 'left' leaning.

The problem with television in most countries is that the channels are owned by extremely wealthy people and as a general rule most billionaires are right wing which means most television channels are right wing. There are the occasional exception like the BBC (British Broadcasting Coperation) and ABC (Australian Broadcasting Corperation) but for the most part all television stations are right wing.

Yeah there's a bias towards the right in many cases. I'd guess a lot of countries in Europe have "independent" news services, much better than in the States anyway. Personally I'm glad we have the BBC, although I think CNN is probably pretty good too. The problem is that many people still watch Fox instead. I don't know how you can have a sensible opinion on any political issue if you just watch Fox. The fact that many Americans believe it suggests that Fox does a lot of damage that isn't undone by CNN.

CBS-Viacom, NBC/MSNBC-GE(General Electric), ABC-Disney, CNN-Time Warner all of those networks are very 'left' leaning.

:) Personally I think they're only left-wing compared to Fox. CNN is more fair and balanced imho. Fox does a lot of damage, it seems to me.

The BBC are a bunch of left wing, liberal tossers.

Muslims should not be treated any different, everyone should be treat the same.

Funny how one religions extremists can cause chaos In this country and some people almost feel sorry for them. No excuses, abide by laws, support your country or kick the ****ers out. NO excuses.

Why Is their a huge difference between muslims and sikhs, hindus? Maby Islam restricts integration ?

The BBC are a bunch of left wing, liberal tossers.

No they just give every view a fair chance, without calling all Muslims ****ers, or flagrantly debating how best to prevent Muslim doctors entering the country.

Muslims should not be treated any different, everyone should be treat the same.

Not possible. People have different needs. Should we offer men breast cancer drugs? Shall we offer unemployment benefit to CEO's of major companies?

Ethnic minorities clearly face extra challenges and they should have extra help to overcome those. Or maybe they choose to have bad health, low income and no education?

Funny how one religions extremists can cause chaos In this country and some people almost feel sorry for them.

There are problems with assigning moral blame to anyone for anything. I've explained why, but most people prefer to go on being prejudiced.

No excuses, abide by laws, support your country or kick the ****ers out. NO excuses

Who are the "****ers"? All Muslims or just the ones that have already blown themselves up? If you mean ones that have broken the law without killing themselves, why should we treat them any differently from non-Muslim criminals? Where would we send them anyway - Australia? As you can see, this is no solution at all.

Why Is their a huge difference between muslims and sikhs, hindus?
  1. There could be all sorts of reasons. For example, Israel hasn't been illegally occupying India for the last 40 years, with the tacit support of the West. Bush hasn't bungled an invasion of Nepal, leading to 100,000's of innocent Hindus being killed. Political differences like these clearly cause Muslims to feel alienated in ways that other ethnic minorities don't.
  2. Perhaps there are other cultural differences between people from different countries besides religion. You need to consider these too.
  3. Also you need to compare same-generation immigrants, and that might not be easy. For example, most black people here come from first generation immigrants from the 1940's-1970's. There were terrible riots when the second generation were young adults in the 1970's-1980's, which is about the period we're at with Muslims now. Even today, black people aren't very well integrated here, but they have improved a bit and are now better integrated than the newer Muslim immigrants.
  4. Importantly, Sikhs and Hindus (and nowadays Blacks) don't face the same level of prejudice from the rest of the UK population. Your language is part of the problem. Calling people "****ers" and then wondering why they can't or won't "integrate" would be funny if it weren't so serious.

Maby Islam restricts integration ?

Perhaps, or perhaps not. Before you insult their religion the burden of proof is with you to prove it guilty.

Even if you're right, and Islam does make it harder to integrate, I don't think that changes anything. There's nothing in Islam that makes it impossible for Muslims to integrate, as you can see from the millions of Muslims that are very happy here or in the US. So at worst Islam makes it a bit harder to fit in, and in that case they should be given even more help and encouragement.

Fwiw, it's more likely imho that restricted integration perverts Islam, rather than vice versa as you suggest. Muslims in the US are just as Muslim and they've managed to fit in. The original Muslim immigrants here also weren't radicalised, but their children have become so whilst living here. I don't think any normal person would choose to live the life of the average UK Muslim if they really had a choice.

1: Muslims should not be treated any different, everyone should be treat the same.

2: No excuses, abide by laws, support your country or kick the ****ers out. NO excuses.

Statement 1 on its own, I agree with.

Statement 2, however, I'll politely disagree with. Abide by laws, yes, go ahead. Support your country, no, you shouldn't have to. I do not support my country's decisions, so I guess I'm a ****er and I need to get kicked out, huh? And if the US kicked the ****ers out, maybe 3 people would be left. Or maybe they'd just kick out Muslims, which is wrong, America has this strange belief Muslims are all ****ers and they ain't.

Anyway, as for the video, that's how FOX does everything. Retardedly. Now you know why I didn't like having F1 on FOX for 4 races.

Also, AutoRacer5, your statement about "never seeing a Christian strap a bomb to their child"...maybe Christian extremists are less extreme, but they do a lot to hurt people, just not physically.

-Eric

But I think you might be missing the main point I was making. The reasons more Muslims do that today is that more Muslims are poor, ill and uneducated.

As you say in a post further down, where is the evidence of this? Where I live I see new schools, mosques been built, at the cost of the taxpayer, for muslims alone. I see them turn up in cars I can only dream of owning and I see many reports on the news/radio/television about ethnic people receiving healthcare on a priority list above nationalists.

I currently teach a young lady who's parents are foster carers, they have recently been looking at a 12 month old baby as their asylum seeking single mother, who entered the country 3 months ago, is using the NHS facilities to be operated on.

I really see little evidence of the poor, ill and uneducated people that you claim!

Statement 2, however, I'll politely disagree with. Abide by laws, yes, go ahead. Support your country, no, you shouldn't have to. I do not support my country's decisions, so I guess I'm a ****er and I need to get kicked out, huh? And if the US kicked the ****ers out, maybe 3 people would be left. Or maybe they'd just kick out Muslims, which is wrong, America has this strange belief Muslims are all ****ers and they ain't.

Instead of supporting your country I should have wrote: If you sympathise and agree with suicide bombings etc...

Who are the "****ers"? All Muslims or just the ones that have already blown themselves up? If you mean ones that have broken the law without killing themselves, why should we treat them any differently from non-Muslim criminals?

Ofcourse not all Muslims are bad, just the terrorists and anyone who agree's with their actions. The people who colluded In any terrorism should be locked up for life. Same for those who Infest mosques and preach hatred.

Importantly, Sikhs and Hindus (and nowadays Blacks) don't face the same level of prejudice from the rest of the UK population. Your language is part of the problem. Calling people "****ers" and then wondering why they can't or won't "integrate" would be funny if it weren't so serious.

The F U C K E R S are terrorists and I can verbally ubuse them If I want thank you. I don't judge anyone on skin or religion, only on the way they treat me when I see/meet them. I'm very polite actually. :naughty: I Judge people on actions and these terrorists are scum.

Maby Islam restricts integration ?
Perhaps, or perhaps not. Before you insult their religion the burden of proof is with you to prove it guilty

It's a question, for others to answer I don't know for sure. I do feel that Britains foreign policy will have a negative affect on their everyday lives.

There could be all sorts of reasons. For example, Israel hasn't been illegally occupying India for the last 40 years, with the tacit support of the West. Bush hasn't bungled an invasion of Nepal, leading to 100,000's of innocent Hindus being killed. Political differences like these clearly cause Muslims to feel alienated in ways that other ethnic minorities don't.

Agree.

I really see little evidence of the poor, ill and uneducated people that you claim!

But that's probably part of the problem! We don't see how most Muslims live because we live in an increasingly segregated country, where most Muslims live in small concentrations, mainly in London, but also in a few other cities. If you look up areas of London or Leicester or Bradford where most Muslims live you will find that they do tend to be quite poor areas. I provided conclusive evidence in my original post. (You just have to click on the underlined, hyperlinked words)

Yeah I agree with you both. I think Islam is harmful, just like Christianity, or any other irrational belief system. Nevertheless Muslims in the UK do need more help imho. They are poorer and have worse health and education than the rest of us - conditions which would breed extremists like vermin in any community.
Ofcourse not all Muslims are bad, just the terrorists and anyone who agree's with their actions. The people who colluded In any terrorism should be locked up for life. Same for those who Infest mosques and preach hatred.

Terrorism is certainly a serious offence, and probably would result in a life sentence. Having said that, we have to be very careful. For example, locking people up without trial simply on some soldier's say so like Bush does will only make matters worse. Locking up people who preach hatred is a difficult one too. They are clearly repugnant people, but will locking them up really stop people from following their teachings? If I were a rebellious, angry young man who hated the west, I don't think my preacher being locked up by Gordon Brown would make me want to settle down and become a law-abiding citizen.

Personally I think in most cases we should let them have their say, whilst trying to help the moderate Muslim leaders have their say. For example, we should encourage moderates to set up youth centres in deprived areas and then fund these properly for them. Hopefully this would show young Muslims that by being moderate you're actually better off and can even enjoy working and playing with non-Muslims. We need to show them that we want to welcome the moderates, but instead we come across as if we don't trust any Muslims.

The F U C K E R S are terrorists and I can verbally ubuse them If I want thank you. I don't judge anyone on skin or religion, only on the way they treat me when I see/meet them. I'm very polite actually. :naughty: I Judge people on actions and these terrorists are scum.

:lol: Well, Fox news doesn't. They suggest that it's a bad thing that we have Muslims in this country working in our health service full stop. It's really pretty prejudiced.

It's a question, for others to answer I don't know for sure. I do feel that Britains foreign policy will have a negative affect on their everyday lives.

Yeah. It's a very difficult question. As I say, I think it's most likely the other way round. First generation Muslim immigrants were very law-abiding. It's the second generation that is radicalised. So it seems to be something here that is causing the problem. Likewise in America they have far fewer problems with their Muslim immigrants, who happen to be better integrated. Having said all that, I'm very anti-religion and I do agree that it causes problems. They all do, to varying extents (depending on eg how well integrated the followers are).

Muslims in the west are very bad at calculus,y'know? Yeah,they're very bad at integrating.

:clap3::clap3::clap3:

that sums up the situation...

We may talk that being poor and uneducated leads muslims to terrorism but when someone who is a qualified as a doctor takes part in such extremist act what can u say.. now a days when ever any terrorist attack happens in any country you will find that more of highly educated muslims are involved here...so its not related to being poor and educated...how their minds are correpted by clerics and others the are convinced that everyone is evil and they are doing good by doing these kinds of horrernous crimes :angry::thbdn:

Even educated people are influenced by their community, as I said above.

Influenced by their community? How many doctors live in the same community as their poor, uneducated and unhealthy compatriots? Or even regard them as "their community"? None that I know. Perhaps the word you're looking for is kinship?