Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quiet One

Most Likely Not To Make It To The Headlines

Fernando Alonso: I am quite happy with the car and we performed well today. Obviously I wanted to be on pole position but third place was the best we could do. Hopefully tomorrow in the race the car will continue to be strong and our strategy will give us the chance to improve on this. I was not so happy with the car yesterday but today it has been much quicker. That is thanks to the fantastic work from the team overnight to make some changes, as it felt like a different car this morning in practice."

Source

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So...no whinning, no moaning, not being a sore loser.

:mf_tongue:

Fernando Alonso: I am quite happy with the car and we performed well today. Obviously I wanted to be on pole position but third place was the best we could do. Hopefully tomorrow in the race the car will continue to be strong and our strategy will give us the chance to improve on this. I was not so happy with the car yesterday but today it has been much quicker. That is thanks to the fantastic work from the team overnight to make some changes, as it felt like a different car this morning in practice."

Source

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He has finally cracked and admitted to himself that he just can't beat Hamilton :clap3:

That kinf of comments remind me of Rubens from his Ferrari years...

This ruins my theory of Fernando cutting himself and writing emo poetry on his arms in Sharpie...damn...

Good on Freddy. Lighten up a bit, brother! Okay, now, nobody's looking, punt Lewis out of the way, straight into Kimi, who gets rear-ended by Massa...take 'em all out in one move. That'll teach 'em.

-Eric, who misses when he was a diehard Fred fan.

This ruins my theory of Fernando cutting himself and writing emo poetry on his arms in Sharpie...damn...

Good on Freddy. Lighten up a bit, brother! Okay, now, nobody's looking, punt Lewis out of the way, straight into Kimi, who gets rear-ended by Massa...take 'em all out in one move. That'll teach 'em.

-Eric, who misses when he was a diehard Fred fan.

Why would he do that? So the British can lynch him? No way! The smart thing to do is move aside, let Ralf do it and THEN pass alongside the smoking remaints of the other cars. Meanwhile, Ralf would step out of the car and say "It was just a racing incident." The furious crowd, as well as the racing authorities, will just laugh and cheer and the whole story would be soon forgotten.

Source

That's great, and I'm glad to hear it^^ He might be nice, he's just been hiding it... for a damn long time :P

Now, now...

:lol:

That's great, and I'm glad to hear it^^ He might be nice, he's just been hiding it... for a damn long time :P

Now, now...

:lol:

I think he is just not what you call a sociable guy. But not a bad one by no means. Too bad, he could be more attractive to the non-LH fans by being a bit meaner. Some sort of McEnroe of F1 (you have no clue who John McEnroe was, right?)

I wonder if Nando is hiding something! Maybe the fact that both Ferrari drivers are also in the title race, aswell as leader Hamilton!

English please :huh: !

I'll give it a try.

FA: "I would like to lead the WDC, but it is dificult because I have to recover points to my mate. I am not even going to have any advantage with respect to him on the circuits I am good at, because they will pass all the information to him. So that advantage desapears. It is complicated to recover points when you have a clon next to you"

He added that fuel load had not been decided by tossing a coin but that's not somehtin between ""

I think he is just not what you call a sociable guy. But not a bad one by no means. Too bad, he could be more attractive to the non-LH fans by being a bit meaner. Some sort of McEnroe of F1 (you have no clue who John McEnroe was, right?)

Give me a break, would ya.

I'm sorry the look on Freds face said it all, Hammy owns him and his weakness has been exposed for all the world to see

I'm sorry the look on Freds face said it all, Hammy owns him and his weakness has been exposed for all the world to see

:lol: I was talking to Freaky2, she is 17! Didn't think it was possible that she might know who John McEnroe is.

We could use a McE personality in F1. Who was the last interesting (and I mean, really interesting) personality in F1?

Why would he do that? So the British can lynch him? No way! The smart thing to do is move aside, let Ralf do it and THEN pass alongside the smoking remaints of the other cars. Meanwhile, Ralf would step out of the car and say "It was just a racing incident." The furious crowd, as well as the racing authorities, will just laugh and cheer and the whole story would be soon forgotten.

Interesting tale about Jimmy Clark that mirrors this:

[Graham Gould recalling]"At the Italian Grand Prix, Monza 1964, Jim was in the lead, being harried by Dan Gurney in the Brabham. They came up to lap Innes [ireland] at the end of the straight, and Jimmy did the usual, stuck his nose in on the approach to the corner. Innes wasn't having that and cut right across. Jim pulled back. He said, 'I went round the rest of the lap wondering what to do. I had Dan right behind me and the next time we came into the corner I just sat right back and watched Innes, and waited until I saw him glance in his mirrors. As soon as he did that I lifted off, and of course Dan shot past me and went for the inside. Innes saw a nosecone coming up the inside, thought it was me and chopped across again. But of course nobody does that to Dan Gurney, and while both of them were wobbling I went round the outside'."

Hammy owned Kimi in qualy too. Kimi said that he would have had pole but for a mistake. Tough. Hamilton didn't make any mistakes. There's the difference between the two. Result: owned.

Hammy owned Kimi in qualy too. Kimi said that he would have had pole but for a mistake. Tough. Hamilton didn't make any mistakes. There's the difference between the two. Result: owned.

Thats how the quali cookie crumbled!! :clap3:

Watch how much earlier Lewis pits compared to Alonso though, probably Kimi too. Hamilton will have his work cut out to be anywhere near the top step of the podium today.

Watch how much earlier Lewis pits compared to Alonso though, probably Kimi too. Hamilton will have his work cut out to be anywhere near the top step of the podium today.

True enough. Teams usually try to position on pole the driver the crowd's interested in (it's not that much a sacrifice, just once a year) on the cost of pitting earlier. I hope Kimi has at least a lap more than Lewis.

And, no, sorry I really don't know who John McEnroe is... :blush:

Interesting to know how much fuel Kimi has,because if it hadn't been for his mistake he would've made a very superior time comparing to the others.I think that he's the lightest one,either that or he's going to beat everyone easily.Or maybe not

Interesting to know how much fuel Kimi has,because if it hadn't been for his mistake he would've made a very superior time comparing to the others.I think that he's the lightest one,either that or he's going to beat everyone easily.Or maybe not

It depends, because he's quite reticent to overtake people. So if he's superior but takes too much time to overtake, or doesn't do it at all, well... no good for him, is it? I hope he'll overtake Hamilton, however dificult if may be.

And I don't think he's short on fuel, he must have about the same as Hamilton, if not a little more.

Too bad you don't get points for qualy, race result Kimi owns both McLarens :thbup::lol:

Lol!

I was just listening to Alonso saying he had to overtake 2 cars and that seemed difficult, and blah, blah.. and I thought that it's been much more difficult for Massa, you know? Bah...

Ferrari is now clearly in front of McLaren.

It would have been a 1-2 for Ferrari if Massa had not made that mistake or had that problem before the start.

Too many big mouth guys around here.

Please somebody tell me what happened to Massa at the start.I just arrived home at the first lap and haven't found out yet.Thanks

Please somebody tell me what happened to Massa at the start.I just arrived home at the first lap and haven't found out yet.Thanks
Massa's engine stalled at the end of the formation lap so the other drivers had to do another formation lap while Massa had to start from the pits, aswell as Sato!