Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quiet One

Most Likely Not To Make It To The Headlines

And what happened to Hamilton during his first pit stop. I never saw a WDC doing something like Albers did at Magny Cours.

And what happened to Hamilton during his first pit stop. I never saw a WDC doing something like Albers did at Magny Cours.
True. He must've drank too much coffee & Red Bull before the race which got him over-excited during his exit before the pits!

Yep.That's true,AleHop,nobody has talked about it yet.If Alonso had done it,things would have been different...

who is the WDC? :unsure:

Watch how much earlier Lewis pits compared to Alonso though, probably Kimi too. Hamilton will have his work cut out to be anywhere near the top step of the podium today.

Good call Sato :clap3:

Good call Sato :clap3:

:lol: Indeed ;)

BTW, Freaky2, John McEnroe was a colorful USA tennis player in the '70s and '80s. One of the greatest tennis players of all times (according to myself, at least. I rate him above Jimmy Connors, definitely, amongst the US players.). He was famous for getting very...VERY angry during matches, and also for joking a lot. Some kind of angry clown, a sore loser but a skillful player and so funny to watch!

It's been a while since a colorful personality like that appeared in F1. Actually, the closest we have now to something similar is Kimi, no less! He, at least, has some funny anecdotes to his credit. You could write a biography for all the remaining drivers (Nando included) in the back of a stamp.

One final line, McEnroe, talking about nowadays tennis: "there's too much money and too many nice guys around." Sounds familiar? :eusa_think:

:lol: if massa had not stalled you would have been spot on

I thought I was spot on anyway? I did say top step of the podium, despite being tempted to just say podium.

One final line, McEnroe, talking about nowadays tennis: "there's too much money and too many nice guys around." Sounds familiar? :eusa_think:

I hope there are not stepneys or coughlans around tennis.

Copy and paste from another topic about hami...

Maybe he will say all the common place sentences pf the world parising the team the fan, his family and everybody politicaly correct. He seems a politician; is not bad is boring and we will never know he is thinking.

He is a decafeinated light version of a F1 driver; Ron tought him very well. Maybe he learn his Ron aprovved speech before to talk with the press!

I think if he catch his finger with a door, he will say "...o I make a mistake, but I like to thank the team for their exceptional work, as well as the paramedics that put me a stich..."

Regarding McEnroe vs. Connors I pronised I think about it... both are among the best of all times ... but...

I still thinking...

Yes I got it BJORN BORG!!!!!!!!!!!!

Watch how much earlier Lewis pits compared to Alonso though, probably Kimi too. Hamilton will have his work cut out to be anywhere near the top step of the podium today.

Prophetic. The theory was to be in front and control the race. Kimi was too damned fast today for that, but Hammy lost 2nd by his own mistakes.

Too bad you don't get points for qualy, race result Kimi owns both McLarens :thbup::lol:

Too true. Dammit. Good on Kimi for being the only man in F1 that has learned from Mikey: Fast in and out laps win the race. Period.

Prophetic. The theory was to be in front and control the race. Kimi was too damned fast today for that, but Hammy lost 2nd by his own mistakes.

Too true. Dammit. Good on Kimi for being the only man in F1 that has learned from Mikey: Fast in and out laps win the race. Period.

With age comes wisdom, well sometimes :lol:

Going by your logic, Bruce, that results are the only things that matter (I agree with you there) then Hammy is still comfortably in the lead for the WDC, even with Kimi winning in England.

Kimi still has a great big mountain to climb while Hammy is almost to the top.

Going by your logic, Bruce, that results are the only things that matter (I agree with you there) then Hammy is still comfortably in the lead for the WDC, even with Kimi winning in England.

Kimi still has a great big mountain to climb while Hammy is almost to the top.

Yes results are what matters, but we are talking to different kinds right now, race to race, of which Kimi is king of now and the season, of which Hammy has the edge.

Yes results are what matters, but we are talking to different kinds right now, race to race, of which Kimi is king of now and the season, of which Hammy has the edge.

True.

Hammy owned Kimi in qualy too. Kimi said that he would have had pole but for a mistake. Tough. Hamilton didn't make any mistakes. There's the difference between the two. Result: owned.

Kimi was so quick in sector 3 the entire weekend, it was really impressive considering the F2007 shouldn't be that good in that part of the track... S3 at Silverstone is just nasty... He knew he had an edge through Priory/Luffield and tried to milk it a little too much on his flying lap.

Hamilton is a fantastic driver, but he sure has had his share of luck so far in F1..

Kimi was so quick in sector 3 the entire weekend, it was really impressive considering the F2007 shouldn't be that good in that part of the track... S3 at Silverstone is just nasty... He knew he had an edge through Priory/Luffield and tried to milk it a little too much on his flying lap.

Hamilton is a fantastic driver, but he sure has had his share of luck so far in F1..

Indeed. I was just pulling pumpdoc's leg a bit. I know full well that Hammy took pole because he was running on fumes and pushing like Hell itself was chasing him. Through it all, Kimi and the Ferrari had the pace to take him.

Ah, Lady Luck. No such thing of course....just some people playing the variables better than others.

Ah, Lady Luck. No such thing of course....just some people playing the variables better than others.

I guess that's where we disagree Autumn. As in our conversation yesterday about Driver of the Year... I think there is luck at play, such as with poker. It is still a game of skill, but there is an element of chance as well. Hamilton has been on the podium nine times straight, and often times the fourth man has fallen away because of technical problems.. Hamilton hasn't had a technical glitch or a DNF yet, when Massa, Kimi and Alonso have all had issues... Being a rookie in the MP4-22, having the good fortune to be a McLaren 'pet project' since he was 12. He worked hard for those things, and he earned and deserves his achievements, but he is not the complete master of his own destiny.

Alonso's glitch in Q3 a few weeks ago was due to a defective seal. No skill on his part, nor that of his team, could have affected which car that piece went onto. It was 50/50, and it broke in Lew Ham's favor...

There is luck at play in nine podiums in a row, just like when a great baseball team goes on a 12 game winning streak. The fact that there is luck at play doesn't mean they aren't a fantastic baseball team... but the best teams in baseball only win 70% of the time. 12 wins in a row is bucking the odds quite substantially.