Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fed up

Driver Of The Day British Gp

Driver of the day  

68 members have voted

1. 1. You decide

• Kimi
    • Nando
    • Hami
    • Bob
    • Felipe
    • Nick
    • Kovy
    • Fisi

Massa: For driving like a maniac and showing he is not as bad as I would like him to be! ;)

Just my thoughts.

Btw,Liuzzi...the championship table... :whistling:

kimi because he won and applied the pressure that made the previously invincible hamilton crack. had the feeling that hamilton has the measure of his double world champ teammate and isn't fussed by massa, but is intimidated by kimi. when kimi but on the pressure prior to the stops it got to lewis. his error in the pits showed the first chink in his previously impenetrable armour. hamilton knows it, kimi knows it. i think this is the end of lewis' golden run. if massa didn't have trouble he would have displaced hamilton from the podium for the first time.

massa did fantastically well, but kimi was unstoppable. cool, calm and the iceman of old

Raikkonen's my pick. The Ice Man is back! Congrats Kimster! Enjoy a beverage or two! :clap3:

Raikkonen's my pick. The Ice Man is back! Congrats Kimster! Enjoy a beverage or two! :clap3:

indeed, love it how quick he is to have a swig of the mumms

indeed, love it how quick he is to have a swig of the mumms

He also looked genuinely delighted to have won today which was good to see - hope he turns this new found enthuasism into points now so Ferrari can kick McLr

Deserves to! He's 3rd in the drivers title rankings ahead of Massa by 1 point!

Don't know why so many people are giving FM there vote. Stalling your car is the ultimate mistake behind crashing. Cost his team a lot more points and possibly

a podium. The speed of the Ferrari was the only reason he overtook so many. :eusa_think:

BTW Kimi gets my vote. :D

Don't know why so many people are giving FM there vote. Stalling your car is the ultimate mistake behind crashing. Cost his team a lot more points and possibly

a podium. The speed of the Ferrari was the only reason he overtook so many. :eusa_think:

BTW Kimi gets my vote. :D

I think it was an electronic glitch that caused Massa to stall on the grid after the warm up lap was complete, so that's forgivable. I've not yet read the morning news to confirm it was electronic related but that was the story supplied by the commentary.

Kimi gets my vote without question. Like Jez said the "Iceman" is back in town!!!!

Extremely good drive by Massa even though he had a massive speed advantage over everyone else.

fernando was the stand out in this race, he outperformed his car. the mclaren wasnt suppose to finish 3 seconds behind kimi. hamilton 30 sec behind and he was stil happy, this kid is weird.

Can't decide.

Kimi: For this race, at least, he was really back. Pushing when he had to, not making stupid mistakes and working hard for the victory.

Alonso: yes, he deserves some merit, too! :P For his first stint. Keeping his head cool, biding his time and working on preserving fuel while the other two battled. Almost worked!

Massa: For driving like a maniac and showing he is not as bad as I would like him to be! ;)

Special mention goes for Lewis. Albeit not the happiest race for him, 9 podiums is still impressive, great car or not.

Speed: nice drive! :whistling:

Not a race for the brits, definitely: Button, Davidson, Lewis, Coulthard. Only Coulthard outperformed his team mate, and I wouldn't be too proud with the result, anyways.

Heikki is learning slower than the other rookies, but is steadily improving. Too bad the car is still no challenge for the BMW's.

Great race for Kubica.

That's it for now :D

OK, one question (and call me bias, I don't care) How can you so swiftly dismiss ANYTHING that Kubica does??? When heidfeldt defended his position, most of you were full of praises, when he uotperformed Kubica, you concluded that he has the best year of his carrier. When when Kubica does the same, AGAIN you simply dismiss his accomplishments. He defended for 13 (not 9) laps his position against a driver with more experience and a car that's possibly up to a second/lap faster. He WON that duel, and youy chose the more experienced driver in a better car for a driver of the day? Are you watching the same races I do???

BTW - Kudos to the Quiet One for actually noticing Kubica's effort. Call me crazy, but in a couple of years, with a decent car, he WILL challenge for the championship.

Oh, and the "loser of the day" goes to Wurtz for trying to follow Alonso ( :eusa_think: ) and crashing into Scott. Who, BTW, seems to be getting better, when people do not run into him, his tires don't explode, or his car makes it to the end. I actually feel sorry for him - the only F1 driver who is virtually unknown in his own country, and who is villified based solely on the fact that he is an American. <_<

Kimi gets my vote. Alonso a close second.

Massa did well to come back, but it must be mentioned that he had the quickest car. Alonso didn't have such luxury when he started 10th.

And there is no reason for hamilton to feel down either, he is still leading the drivers championship and keep his podium streak alive.

Deserves to! He's 3rd in the drivers title rankings ahead of Massa by 1 point!

After being written off early, Kimi has now enjoyed more wins this season than anyone else! I agree, he deserves a drink!

It's a tough choice between Kimi or Alonso, but I'll say Alonso....only because of his gutsy pit strategy that got him ahead of Lewis. After the first 10 laps it was obvious that Kimi would get round Hammy at some point, but Alonso's 2nd place was less assured and therefore more of a leap.

Lest I be pinned as favoring Alonso (as I so often do) I must say that the key to Michael's success was his uncanny ability to pull of flying in and out laps. So far Kimi is the only man on the grid that's able to emulate Mikey. That makes Kimi the man of the season for me, despite Lewis' fantastic debut.

I voted Kimi....

and then there is Massa who defnly pushed from nowhere to 5th....

i believe kimi still needs to improve a lot because last two races there was some thing bad happened to massa which made kimi to shine...

atleast in silverstone kimi quaified ahead...

well now qualify ahead - kimi improved over massa

quick start at the start of the race- kimi needs to improve ..massa is better in this point compared to kimi

race pace(fastest ) - kimi has improved but still needs to increase the gap

overtaking risks - kimi defnly needs to improve...massa is better in this point compared to kimi

with these understandings of mine..i still believe there is some bit of luck went to kimi last two races else massa wudve been in front....

go kimi go.....

That makes Kimi the man of the season for me, despite Lewis' fantastic debut.

You are wrong of course. Lewis is by far the man of the season so far. He has made the least mistakes out of the top drivers and has the highest qualifying position on the grid, not to mention 9 consecutive podium finishes. Only Kimi has more race wins in a car that is half a second faster than the Mclarens and his team mate has suffered bad luck so far.

Get some perspective, man. Hami has one bad race, comes 3rd and now everyone is abandoning him. The fickleness of F1 fans huh?

:eusa_think:

OK, one question (and call me bias, I don't care) How can you so swiftly dismiss ANYTHING that Kubica does??? When heidfeldt defended his position, most of you were full of praises, when he uotperformed Kubica, you concluded that he has the best year of his carrier. When when Kubica does the same, AGAIN you simply dismiss his accomplishments. He defended for 13 (not 9) laps his position against a driver with more experience and a car that's possibly up to a second/lap faster. He WON that duel, and youy chose the more experienced driver in a better car for a driver of the day? Are you watching the same races I do???

BTW - Kudos to the Quiet One for actually noticing Kubica's effort. Call me crazy, but in a couple of years, with a decent car, he WILL challenge for the championship.

*sarcasm warning*

you forget though, Massa would have never been able to get around Kubi anyway, a BMW has to finish 4th ever race, otherwise the fabric of space and time would rip itself apart.

*sarcasm alert end*

Kubi did drive very well, I think from the last few races you can see that the problems he had in the beginning of the season were really all car and not driver. Nick was just lucky enough to not have his car break 3 times in a row, of course I'm also not trying to take anything from nick, but I think Kubi will one day, maybe with BMW maybe with another team, challenge and then win the WDC.

and anybody who has high hopes for Hami breaking the record for most consecutive podiums, he still needs to double the number he has now and then add 2 more to it.

You are wrong of course. Lewis is by far the man of the season so far. He has made the least mistakes out of the top drivers and has the highest qualifying position on the grid, not to mention 9 consecutive podium finishes. Only Kimi has more race wins in a car that is half a second faster than the Mclarens and his team mate has suffered bad luck so far.

Get some perspective, man. Hami has one bad race, comes 3rd and now everyone is abandoning him. The fickleness of F1 fans huh?

:eusa_think:

Mclarens had the half a second advantage when Lewis won his races though. Lewis has made mistakes, but no one ever seems to remember them for some reason.

I agree, Kubeeza / Bob / Kuby call him what you like one thing is sure, he is a awesome talent who will be remembered long after he retires.

Kimi, with Alonso a close second!

although Massa did an excellent job of overtaking, he was in a superior car. Until he got behind Kubica, and then showed weakness not able to ovetake a less faster car.

I hope Ferrari will look to Kubica to drive for them, maybe even next year, or is he already signed up for a longer term with BMW??? I think the Kimi/Kubica team will be devastating!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He also looked genuinely delighted to have won today which was good to see - hope he turns this new found enthuasism into points now so Ferrari can kick McLr

You are wrong of course. Lewis is by far the man of the season so far. He has made the least mistakes out of the top drivers...

Maybe true but he has had the least problems of the top drivers as well.

Q. It must be a new experience being 36 seconds down on the guy in front; do you feel yourself lucky to be on the podium?

LH: I wouldn't say it's luck. Obviously we worked extremely hard this weekend. I think we made a wrong decision, or I made a wrong decision with the set-up. I chose a different rear end to Fernando and I think it really caused me problems during the race.

Q. (Anne Giuntini – L'Equipe) To Lewis: you said you had a different rear end to Fernando. Do you usually have the same type of set-up?

LH: Yeah, we usually have a very similar car. But it was slightly different this weekend. Normally it is not exactly the same but near enough the same.