Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Silas Talbot

Rank The New Blood

Pick the best  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Whose the best non-Lew-Ham youngin' driving now?

• Kubica
    • Rosberg
    • Kovy
    • Sutil
    • Other
  2. 2. Who is the best not in a drive (but might be soon)?

• Doornbos
    • Paffett
    • Bourdais
    • Vettel
    • Glock
    • Piquet, Jr
    • Other

All this fresh young talent in F1.. almost too many to name. So who is the best?

2005 onwards.. I'm sure I'm missing plenty, but this is my list, best to worst:

In a seat now:

--------------

Hamilton

Kubica

Rosberg

Kovalainen

Sutil

Speed

Liuzzi

Davidson

Albers

And the potentials:

---------------

Doornbos

Paffett

Bourdais

Vettel

Glock

Piquet, Jr

Karthikeyan

Nakajima

Ammerm

I want be going to the potentials list because I haven't seen most of them in action but the drivers already in F1, from best to worst:

Hamilton

Rosberg

Sutil

Kubica

Kovalainen

Liuzzi

Speed

Davidson

Albers

I'd say that althought Hamilton has impressed the most Rosberg, Sutil, Kubica and Kovalainen are all pretty close to him. The rest are statistics. (and Albers is sacked already :rolleyes: ).

The Pole and SeaBass

The Pole and SeaBass

Ahh..SeaBass fishing, that's something I'd like to try sometime. Sorry, what was the question again?

kubica and bordeau.

...that was nowhere near as funny as pump...actually i take that back mine wasn't even funny

Kubica gets my vote but Rosberg is'nt really that new! It's his 2nd season with Williams so maybe he should'nt be classified! Vettell looks to be an interesting figure in the future but the 2nd poll option was a pretty difficult choice to make!

Even though Nico isn't really a rookie I had to vote for him. His first season sucked but this year he looks like a new guy. (OMG! Who catch him and what they did to poor real Nico???)

And... I had to vote for Vettel hehe

Hamilton

Rosberg

Sutil

Kubica

Kovalainen

Liuzzi

Speed

Davidson

Albers

Wow.. Sutil above Kubica and Kovy.. that's a bold statement =)

Wow.. Sutil above Kubica and Kovy.. that's a bold statement =)

A bit. Sutil's been rated quite highly by Lew Ham himself.

I think Sutil has a lot of raw talent and if it had been developed since he was 10 like Lew Ham, they'd be quite equal. However, Adrian started later (Lew at 5, Sutil at 14), so the talent was never developed.

Speed behind Liuzzi, however, is an uber bold statement.

A bit. Sutil's been rated quite highly by Lew Ham himself.

I think Sutil has a lot of raw talent and if it had been developed since he was 10 like Lew Ham, they'd be quite equal. However, Adrian started later (Lew at 5, Sutil at 14), so the talent was never developed.

Speed behind Liuzzi, however, is an uber bold statement.

Well Speed and Liuzzi are quite equal to me. Neither has impressed very much.

I'd say that with a better car Sutil would be a great driver. Certainly better than most of the guys we see in these worse teams.

Nico has become much better than he was last year. He hasn't made that many mistakes.

Kubica has shown that he is a very good driver. Heikki hasn't got the best start to his career but no doubt when Renault bring their B-spec car around the results will get better.

Well Speed and Liuzzi are quite equal to me. Neither has impressed very much.

I'd say that with a better car Sutil would be a great driver. Certainly better than most of the guys we see in these worse teams.

Nico has become much better than he was last year. He hasn't made that many mistakes.

Kubica has shown that he is a very good driver. Heikki hasn't got the best start to his career but no doubt when Renault bring their B-spec car around the results will get better.

I've monitored Speed and Liuzzi very closely, noticing every detail and story behind the race, and I found Speed to be more impressive, but not by a lot. I think both are underrated, Speed especially.

I agree on Sutil, I'd love for him to get a better seat. BMW would be wise to sign him. German driver with a real future with a German team with a real future. Though there's no room, Nick deserves to stay and Kubica does too.

I agree on Nico. He's much better.

Kubica is a good driver, yes, a lot less sloppy than last year. Heikki's been fine, just not as good as expected. However, Renault's not as good as expected, either, so I do agree, with the B-spec car we'll see more.

-Eric

Kubica and Nelsinho :D

I already liked Kubica when he raced the World Series and I've been recently seeing Piquet Jr at some GP2 races.

Kubica is the best behind lewis. The way he has come back after the massive shunt he had in Canada is a testament to the guy. Many others would of been a little bit quite while they gained confidence again but not Kubica. It's spurred him onto even better performances against Nick over the last two GP's.

Best racing talent not to be racing in F1 at the moment, well I'm going to stick my neck out here and say Nico Hulkenberg. I'm sticking my neck out because the kid has yet to even drive a F1 car unlike the other mentioned in the poll. But his performances in every series he has raced in this far have been stella. Fingers crossed if Flavio gives Nico a test later on this year. I'm sure many team managers will be watching with interest.

Some future talents I'm watching (this is kind of out of the blue, but...):

John Summerton (A1 Team USA): A little more development and I think he's the next thing out of America.

James Hinchcliffe (Champ Car Atlantic): He's gunna end up as a TV personality and not a racer, methinks, but I can hope. He is doing well in CCA, but I don't think he's F1 material.

Will Power (Champ Car World Series): Australia's hope.

Tristan Gommendy (CCWS): I found him to impressive, 'specially at Mont-Tremblant.

Bruno Senna (GP2): Last name alone.

Graham Rahal (CCWS): American's second hope.

Marco Andretti (IRL): Not gunna happen.

Javier Villa (GP2): I've been impressed with him this year. He's improved.

Oliver Jarvis? (A1 Team Great Britain): I think his name was Oliver Jarvis. He was 18 or 19 and he won a race like one of his first times out.

Raphael Matos (A1 Team Brazil/Champ Car Atlantic): Dominating in CCA right now.

Nico Hulkenberg (A1 Team Germany): Dominant in A1GP last year.

-Eric

Abott & Costello

Nelsinho, Bruninho Senninha, Robertinho Kubica, Sebastiaozinho Vettel, Heikkinho, Marquinho Andretti, Valentinho Rossinho.

Best racing talent not to be racing in F1 at the moment, well I'm going to stick my neck out here and say Nico Hulkenberg.

Of course! How could I have forgotten to include the Hulk? He's top quality talent too.. shame on me.

Also, it looks like Narain is getting his drive... Let's see if the world's fastest Indian can cut the mustard.

Jennifer Connelly.

Wait.....where am I?

:wub: Best natural set in the biz :wub:

Of course! How could I have forgotten to include the Hulk? He's top quality talent too.. shame on me.

Also, it looks like Narain is getting his drive... Let's see if the world's fastest Indian can cut the mustard.

I'm hoping to see Nico Hulkenberg in a Toyota next year.

:wub: Best natural set in the biz :wub:

Second that Bruce :thbup: