Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Racing4G

Clean Or N-rain

Who should replace Albers?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who should replace Albers?

• Christian Klien
    • Narain Karthikeyan
    • Giedo van der Garde
    • Jos Verstappen

Honda test-driver Christian Klien will test for the Spyker F1 team on Thursday at Spa-Francorchamps, GPUpdate.net can reveal. However, it is still uncertain who will replace Christijan Albers, who was dropped by the Silverstone-based outfit yesterday for financial reasons

----

Narain Karthikeyan has confirmed that he has been in contact with the Spyker F1 team over possibly filling the vacant seat left by Christijan Albers. The current Williams test driver also said that he would be keen to make a return to racing after his one season behind the wheel in 2005, which was also with current Spyker F1 team principal Colin Kolles at Jordan.

----

When asked if Van der Garde could be Christijan's replacement he was pretty clear: "No, I won't replace him. I just want to finish my World Series by Renault season first, cover more miles in a Formula 1 car and see what will happen next season. And apart from that there is still an issue with the Super Aguri team, so I can't race yet. We first need to settle that case with them before I could race."

Aw crap! As soon as I saw Verstappen, I voted for him, but did;nt read the question but I want Klien to replace Albers!

Aw crap! As soon as I saw Verstappen, I voted for him, but did;nt read the question but I want Klien to replace Albers!

You thought the question was: "Who sucked as much as Albers did?" :P

Klien of course. I'm surprised Crapikeyan is even getting a look in. Maybe its just cos he brings lots of dosh?

Whoever they bring in, they should think of someone they would use next year also. Spyker needs some regular drivers, they don't need to be that great, but a little continuation would be good for them.

Klien is a good choice (we all know he is fast), Karthikeyan is a little bit of a mystery.

Klien of course is the best option but Karthikeyan has managed some votes thanks to the ever increasing Indians on this forum.

I believe Karthikeyan shouldn't even be in F1. His best finish is 4th in USA 2005 when only 6 cars competed and even Monteiro managed to get 3rd. Other than that he never even managed top 10. He is only there because he brings in the sponsorship from TATA India.

Yes yes he is still sticking his arse there because he is bringing in loadsa money, and yes he finished fourth in US Gp, and yes he is viewed as crap by many Europeans, just like how guys like Button and Ralf are viewed as worthless by many guys here, different people, different opinions.

Go look at statistics, and you will notice that Narain has been one of the fastest rookies, and his fastest lap times were within the top 10 many times. And look how many races from which he retired due to technical problems, and look at how many overtaking he has done with an inferior car that haven't yet made it to headlines. And the fact that he was asked to settle for fourth place in US Gp too never made it to headlines. Just like how Barichello was asked to settle for second place, but I am not against such team orders, as they had the best chance to collect the maximum points, and they didnt want to risk racing and ending on the wall or gravel.

Europeans and Americans (latin) clearly rule when it comes to expectations, hype and image. I am not claiming that people are racists, but clearly Asians have a lot of catching up to do in terms of image. It will take decates for another Indian driver to make it to F1, for now we have only one driver to offer, Kindly adjust! :P

Yes yes he is still sticking his arse there because he is bringing in loadsa money, and yes he finished fourth in US Gp, and yes he is viewed as crap by many Europeans, just like how guys like Button and Ralf are viewed as worthless by many guys here, different people, different opinions.

Go look at statistics, and you will notice that Narain has been one of the fastest rookies, and his fastest lap times were within the top 10 many times. And look how many races from which he retired due to technical problems, and look at how many overtaking he has done with an inferior car that haven't yet made it to headlines. And the fact that he was asked to settle for fourth place in US Gp too never made it to headlines. Just like how Barichello was asked to settle for second place, but I am not against such team orders, as they had the best chance to collect the maximum points, and they didnt want to risk racing and ending on the wall or gravel.

Europeans and Americans (latin) clearly rule when it comes to expectations, hype and image. I am not claiming that people are racists, but clearly Asians have a lot of catching up to do in terms of image. It will take decates for another Indian driver to make it to F1, for now we have only one driver to offer, Kindly adjust! :P

mate clearly some people still live in 19th century and think themselves of superior race and believe in master-slave concept.

i dont remember NK doing mistake like Albers did.He did drive a bit on the edge but that was his rookie year.

I am sure if NK gets one more chance he will perform better than his previous stint

Good on you NK , hope you get the seat

mate clearly some people still live in 19th century and think themselves of superior race and believe in master-slave concept.

i dont remember NK doing mistake like Albers did.He did drive a bit on the edge but that was his rookie year.

I am sure if NK gets one more chance he will perform better than his previous stint

Good on you NK , hope you get the seat

Ah! Another Indian for me to form a strong army! :D

DAMN IT! I miss the Army general Cav, how many days left for him to return to forum after his suspension? :unsure:

Ah! Another Indian for me to form a strong army! :D

DAMN IT! I miss the Army general Cav, how many days left for him to return to forum after his suspension? :unsure:

aprox 2 days.

Klien, as Honda have indicated they'd let him go to race, the question then becomes, who will replace Klien at Honda?

Well his helmet suits the teams colours, so on that basis, I reckon Klien!!

79145.jpg

I voted Narian

not because he comes from where i live(chennai) but i still feel he can improve and prove....and yes he comes with huge loads of money from TATA...

and abt the race in USgp where he came 4th ....i think it cud be some setup different than tiago which has costed his life time bad name. else even in planet-f1 team mate wars he was equaled with tiago at the end of the season...if u see the recent blamegame by mclaren...everyother race either lewis or alonso mentions that their setup went wrong....

I voted Narian

not because he comes from where i live(chennai) but i still feel he can improve and prove....and yes he comes with huge loads of money from TATA...

and abt the race in USgp where he came 4th ....i think it cud be some setup different than tiago which has costed his life time bad name. else even in planet-f1 team mate wars he was equaled with tiago at the end of the season...if u see the recent blamegame by mclaren...everyother race either lewis or alonso mentions that their setup went wrong....

Nope! He comes from Coimbatore! :P and it is nearer to my place, Palakkad :P

Narain is faster than klien,no doubt but klien may have more sponsership.i feel klien was always overrated and narain underrated. it happens when you come from a country having no decent single seater races.

Anyway narain has proven himself more than klien and klien was actually dropped due to non performance but narain could not find the required sposership for the next ear.

But the fact remains that the spyker is no good and they have not improved the car even as much as alex shnaider could comparitively.

At least we can see some sparkling qualifying performances from narain if he gets the drive,even though he has a lot to improve in the races.

Narain is faster than klien,no doubt but klien may have more sponsership.i feel klien was always overrated and narain underrated. it happens when you come from a country having no decent single seater races.

Anyway narain has proven himself more than klien and klien was actually dropped due to non performance but narain could not find the required sposership for the next ear.

But the fact remains that the spyker is no good and they have not improved the car even as much as alex shnaider could comparitively.

At least we can see some sparkling qualifying performances from narain if he gets the drive,even though he has a lot to improve in the races.

I am really happy to know that there are more guys here who speak some real sense! :congrats:

Narain has to be more consistent in races, but the Jordan he used to drive was a lubricated pig on a wet floor.

http://totalf1.com/view-article.php?newsid=216899

The fact that Christian Klien is testing for Spyker at this very moment does not mean that Narain Karthikeyan's hopes for the race seat are dashed.

Indian Karthikeyan's manager Mark Perkins insists that reports assuming that Klien will definitely fill the void left by Christijan Albers' for the rest of 2007 are "premature" because Spyker chiefs will only make a decision later this week.

Karthikeyan, 30, has compiled an impressive array of backers from his native country, but he does not share a particularly cordial relationship with boss Colin Kolles following their cooperation under the Jordan guise in 2005.

"We are quite optimistic about the chances (for Karthikeyan)," manager Perkins said, after it was confirmed that Austrian Klien, 24, would test the orange-coloured car on Thursday.

Indeed, Honda tester Klien - wearing plain white overalls - emerged from the Spyker garage at Spa Francorchamps on the final morning of testing on Thursday at the wheel of the F8-VII single seater.

But Perkins continued to The Asian Age: "It will be finalised in a day or two. We are also in talks with a GP2 team."

I'd like Klien, but what I've heard some months ago was that Spyker would trade Albers for Jos in the middle of season and as the first part happened, I'm trusting on the second... :)

Spyker should go with CK but it depends on the exact financial situation Spyker are in. If they need the cash it will be Narain if not then CK will get the nod to race. Simply really.

Klien, as Honda have indicated they'd let him go to race, the question then becomes, who will replace Klien at Honda?

Honda will probably just move James Rossiter back from SAF1 I would say.

Nope! He comes from Coimbatore! :P and it is nearer to my place, Palakkad :P

"

Born on January 14th 1977 in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, as the son of G. R. Karthikeyan, a former Indian National Rally Champion, Narain got his aspirations in motor sport from his father at an early age.

"

:eusa_think:

also refer his official website " http://www.narainracing.com/profile_biography.html "

so i knew he has a house in coimbatore and has done his studies but still he is born in chennai...so i said he hails from chennai.....

anyways....we all hope he can get a race seat in spyker which will help his career and also boost the sport in India

Klien of course is the best option but Karthikeyan has managed some votes thanks to the ever increasing Indians on this forum.

I believe Karthikeyan shouldn't even be in F1. His best finish is 4th in USA 2005 when only 6 cars competed and even Monteiro managed to get 3rd. Other than that he never even managed top 10. He is only there because he brings in the sponsorship from TATA India.

:lol: Good post! I hope Karty gets the seat so we can have some fun on here with his crazy fans. It won't be the same though because I like at least Abbas and Cav now, but still, we can have some fun.

aprox 2 days.

Great news! I always appreciate his posts.