Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wez

Hamilton Is Unbelievable!

I just wanted to post my 2 cents on the weekends Grand Prix.

Firstly I admit I am stunned & shocked (as im sure most people are) by Hamilton's performance this season.

I can honestly say this must be the best debut season of all time!

HOWEVER...

After watching how Hamilton reacts to severe pressure, I honestly can't see him winning the championship this season.

Put it this way... There was stacks of pressure on him at his home Grand prix this weekend, and plain and simply, he cracked!!!

He made several errors and was blitzed by his team mate for the first time in 4 grand prix's...

How is this so relevant... WELL Imagine the pressure on his shoulders with 3 races to go in the season with Raikkonen & Alonso just 2 points behind him (hypothetically).

That kind of pressure will make the pressure of driving at your home GP seem like a walk in the park.

I don't see him handling it!

Thus said however, the ability to handle extreme pressure will come with experience and its just a matter of time England have their next world champion... And NO im not talking about Button & Davidson!

Well put. :thbup: *whew!, I didn't bloviate*

Yes, he himself has admitted that he is living in a dream, and he admitted to making mistake in Silverstone, yep, due to pressure. But when he is racing against some one, and is being chased by some one, he never cracks like the way a rookie is expected to. Kimi clearly had a faster car during the first stint, and we saw how well and cleanly Lewis defended his position.

1. Compared to Alonso, Hamilton has nothing to loose this year if he does not win the title.

2. But this is the best chance for him to win, because, Mclarens are not consistent performers as seasons change, so he has a lot to loose.

Compared to his team first time last 4 races? Umm, you kidding right? Endlist does not say all, quite possibly Alonso could have topped him in 2 of those races, but circumstances prevented even possibility of that.

Overall Hamilton is great driver, but he is so overestimated that it is getting tiresome.

Lewis Hamilton admitted to two mistakes after the race. The false start in the pit stop has been well documented, but more critical was his mis-diagnosis of oversteer at the first pit stop.

Lewis called for a bit less front grip, which was achieved through amended tyre pressures and a front wing adjustment, but he got it wrong

I just wanted to post my 2 cents on the weekends Grand Prix.

Firstly I admit I am stunned & shocked (as im sure most people are) by Hamilton's performance this season.

I can honestly say this must be the best debut season of all time!

HOWEVER...

After watching how Hamilton reacts to severe pressure, I honestly can't see him winning the championship this season.

Put it this way... There was stacks of pressure on him at his home Grand prix this weekend, and plain and simply, he cracked!!!

He made several errors and was blitzed by his team mate for the first time in 4 grand prix's...

How is this so relevant... WELL Imagine the pressure on his shoulders with 3 races to go in the season with Raikkonen & Alonso just 2 points behind him (hypothetically).

That kind of pressure will make the pressure of driving at your home GP seem like a walk in the park.

I don't see him handling it!

Thus said however, the ability to handle extreme pressure will come with experience and its just a matter of time England have their next world champion... And NO im not talking about Button & Davidson!

While I'm inclined to agree with you Wez, to a certain extent, I think Hamilton so far has already shown severe composure under pressure. Look at how he fended both Ferrari's at Malasia, and to quote his peers, Kimi included, a win never comes easy. He has won twice, showing remarkable maturity. What made Lewis's race difficult at silverstone, was that the car was set up for qualifying, and under these conditions it's still remarkable he ended up on the podium. It's a one-off. Read this article... http://www.totalf1.com/view-article.php?newsid=216791 I think he is still the main contender for the title....

EDIT: really good to see you back, keep your diary open for the 29th, the renault team will be blazing Sandton!

Good article -

"I sacrificed a good race for the pole position", he summarized. "It would have been better to follow the setup of Fernando. That was a lesson for me."

Can you imagine any other driver admitting that kind of mistake - Never!

Is Alonso playing dirty to undermine Lewis?

Thursday 12th July 2007

Fernando Alonso has been accused of playing dirty by deliberately confusing Lewis Hamilton over set-up.

In an intriguing twist to the in-house McLaren battle for the World Championship, it is suggested that Alonso has adopted a policy of go-slow on Fridays in order to effectively sabotage his team-mate's prospects of victory. Since being promoted to the role of race driver at McLaren, the British rookie has made no secret of his tendency to copy Fernando's set-up, but, it is alleged, he has now been sent down a dead-end by the cunning Spaniard. Following his defeat at Indianapolis, where he topped the timesheets in all three practive sessions as well as the first two qualifying stints, Alonso's performances on Friday at both Magny-Cours and Silverstone have been been notably tardy. In France, the double World Champion finished the opening day in a lowly eighth, whilst in Britain he was similarly uncompetitive, setting the sixth-fastest lap time of the day, almost a full second slower than pacesetter Kimi Raikkonen. On the Saturday, however, he immediately bounced back, recording a lap time in qualifying that was considerably faster than Hamilton's once fuel levels had been taken into account. "On Saturday I went faster than Hamilton but then with less fuel in the tank he was able to win pole, and it seemed that there was a big party," Alonso reflected smugly. "Because of that, finishing ahead of him tastes even sweeter. Since Canada I have been a lot quicker than him." To ensure harmony within the team, Ron Dennis has ordered both drivers to attend debriefings together, as well as share telemetry. Yet it could be that Hamilton has been sent a dummy at the past two events. The youngster bemoaned his set-up after his deflating performance at Silverstone, and it is also claimed that he made a critical error when he misdiagnosed oversteer at his first pit stop during Sunday's race. 'Lewis called for a bit less front grip, which was achieved through amended tyre pressures and a front wing adjustment, but he got it wrong - on the middle stint the car understeered badly,' reported ITV's Ted Kravitz. 'The tyres started to grain and as they lost more and more grip, the fronts started to lock up under braking, which compounded the problem. 'Lewis also had a different rear suspension to Fernando that wasn't as kind to the tyres, and lost him more speed. The question is whether that was Lewis' choice, or whether there was only one new suspension available, and Alonso got it first.'

www.planetf1.com

The gloves are off, so to speak. Hamilton is going to have to fight every step of the way if he is to win this year's WDC.

Bring it on!

we shouldnt forget that hamilton still leads the wdc

hammy i feel can still fight for the championship and get it if things turn in his way

one thing is what if any other rookie wudve been in hammy's place...even if the rookie maynot have overtaken alonso(like hammy did) still he wudve been in 4th position with the kind of car in mclaren ....

Good article -

Can you imagine any other driver admitting that kind of mistake - Never!

No one.

But I think claiming that Alonso is playing dirty for not exposing the set up is really unfair, but I am sure that will make Lewis work a just a bit harder and find the ways to set up the car. After all, we cant expect Alonso to be his team mate for the rest of his career. Why should Alonso give presents?

The gloves are off, so to speak. Hamilton is going to have to fight every step of the way if he is to win this year's WDC.

Bring it on!

yes, very very exciting! I'm totally lovin this! Looking forward to what excuse Alonso comes up with if he does'nt beat Lewis consistently...

Is Alonso playing dirty to undermine Lewis?

Thursday 12th July 2007

blah blah blah Anti Alonso BS. blah blah blah poor little Hammy. blah blah blah everybody is against us.

www.planetf1.com

Pathetic!

I guess Hammy is playing dirty, too, because at Silverstone he was slower right until Q3. That devilish little guy! See how stupid it sounds when you reverse the roles? PlanetF1 is a funny website when they do things like the Diaries and such, but they suck at any kind of objectivity.

It's the media who are the sore losers, too bad they project that onto FA/LH.

Pathetic!

I guess Hammy is playing dirty, too, because at Silverstone he was slower right until Q3. That devilish little guy! See how stupid it sounds when you reverse the roles? PlanetF1 is a funny website when they do things like the Diaries and such, but they suck at any kind of objectivity.

to be truthfull, I could believe that evil spaniard being and playing dirty, it's what he does best when things don't go his way....

his evil I tell you, evil :lol:

I guess it could be viewed as a compliment to hamilton that nando is worried that he can be beaten in the same car and same set up.

to be truthfull, I could believe that evil spaniard being and playing dirty, it's what he does best when things don't go his way....

his evil I tell you, evil :lol:

:lol:

It's kind of depressing that a journalist can write that crap and it gets published anyways, though! :(

Oh... i have another proof of the machiavelic machinations from the Devil with Brow:

He is deliberately allowing Hammy to get ahead in the championship. That way, Lewis has to endure all the pressure, ultimately driving him to alcoholism, anxiety attacks and sabbath-breaking. Meanwhile, the "cunning Spaniard" is biding his time and once Lewis is commited to a mental institution, he will win the championship effortlessly.

Alonso was also spotted standing behind Kimi right before the race and saying in a casual tone: "Man, am I thirsty! I would love a good vodka drink now! That sweet, sweet slow poison and that warm feeling down my throat...Hey, isn't that good old Michael in the pitwall? Gee, if I had to race under his gaze I would surely feel nervous!"

According to some sources, he told Albers "You wanna know how I won 2 championships? Every second counts out there. Waiting for the crew to remove the fuel hose before leaving the pits can make you lose the race. Believe me, you can save a lot of pitstop time if you just leave them before the hose is removed"

It's kind of depressing that a journalist can write that crap and it gets published anyways, though! :(

Oh... i have another proof of the machiavelic machinations from the Devil with Brow:

He is deliberately allowing Hammy to get ahead in the championship. That way, Lewis has to endure all the pressure, ultimately driving him to alcoholism, anxiety attacks and sabbath-breaking. Meanwhile, the "cunning Spaniard" is biding his time and once Lewis is commited to a mental institution, he will win the championship effortlessly.

Alonso was also spotted standing behind Kimi right before the race and saying in a casual tone: "Man, am I thirsty! I would love a good vodka drink now! That sweet, sweet slow poison and that warm feeling down my throat...Hey, isn't that good old Michael in the pitwall? Gee, if I had to race under his gaze I would surely feel nervous!"

According to some sources, he told Albers "You wanna know how I won 2 championships? Every second counts out there. Waiting for the crew to remove the fuel hose before leaving the pits can make you lose the race. Believe me, you can save a lot of pitstop time if you just leave them before the hose is removed"

I used to like Alonso until you told me all this. I agree with Abbas - evil, pure evil.

Pathetic!

Quite one seems to be a little furious today! :rolleyes:

I used to like Alonso until you told me all this. I agree with Abbas - evil, pure evil.

so you believe it when the Quiet One tells you this and not me....bloody double standards!!!!

:lol::lol:

He has the eyebrows that already makes him look like satan.

err...paul, you meant Abbas or Brad? :unsure::D

Quite one seems to be a little furious today! :rolleyes:

Furious???? Me, furious????? How you dare! I would strangle you with my bare hands for saying that I'm furious!!!!

:clap3: It would be very effective!Especially the kimi one!I think fernando should consult you every now and then!!!!

I bet Alonso does mislead Lewis. They all do it I bet. After all it is a competition. F1 drivers are notoriously underhand.

Also, I think Alonso has been quicker than Lewis for the last few races. My favourites for the WDC title are still Alonso, closely followed by Kimi.

so you believe it when the Quiet One tells you this and not me....bloody double standards!!!!

:lol::lol:

I take the 5th! :lol:

He has the eyebrows that already makes him look like satan.

err...paul, you meant Abbas or Brad? :unsure::D

I did indeed mean Brad - my apologies! :blush: