Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wez

Hamilton Is Unbelievable!

Is Alonso playing dirty to undermine Lewis?

Thursday 12th July 2007

Fernando Alonso has been accused of playing dirty by deliberately confusing Lewis Hamilton over set-up.

In an intriguing twist to the in-house McLaren battle for the World Championship, it is suggested that Alonso has adopted a policy of go-slow on Fridays in order to effectively sabotage his team-mate's prospects of victory. Since being promoted to the role of race driver at McLaren, the British rookie has made no secret of his tendency to copy Fernando's set-up, but, it is alleged, he has now been sent down a dead-end by the cunning Spaniard. Following his defeat at Indianapolis, where he topped the timesheets in all three practive sessions as well as the first two qualifying stints, Alonso's performances on Friday at both Magny-Cours and Silverstone have been been notably tardy. In France, the double World Champion finished the opening day in a lowly eighth, whilst in Britain he was similarly uncompetitive, setting the sixth-fastest lap time of the day, almost a full second slower than pacesetter Kimi Raikkonen. On the Saturday, however, he immediately bounced back, recording a lap time in qualifying that was considerably faster than Hamilton's once fuel levels had been taken into account. "On Saturday I went faster than Hamilton but then with less fuel in the tank he was able to win pole, and it seemed that there was a big party," Alonso reflected smugly. "Because of that, finishing ahead of him tastes even sweeter. Since Canada I have been a lot quicker than him." To ensure harmony within the team, Ron Dennis has ordered both drivers to attend debriefings together, as well as share telemetry. Yet it could be that Hamilton has been sent a dummy at the past two events. The youngster bemoaned his set-up after his deflating performance at Silverstone, and it is also claimed that he made a critical error when he misdiagnosed oversteer at his first pit stop during Sunday's race. 'Lewis called for a bit less front grip, which was achieved through amended tyre pressures and a front wing adjustment, but he got it wrong - on the middle stint the car understeered badly,' reported ITV's Ted Kravitz. 'The tyres started to grain and as they lost more and more grip, the fronts started to lock up under braking, which compounded the problem. 'Lewis also had a different rear suspension to Fernando that wasn't as kind to the tyres, and lost him more speed. The question is whether that was Lewis' choice, or whether there was only one new suspension available, and Alonso got it first.'

www.planetf1.com

I wonder if this is true???

If so, I say GOOD WORK Alonso!!! HAHA

Guys lets be honest, in the late 80's at Mclaren Senna & Prost would have done this to each other!

Lewis must come to terms with the fact that this is a big bad world:)

I wonder if this is true???

If so, I say GOOD WORK Alonso!!! HAHA

Guys lets be honest, in the late 80's at Mclaren Senna & Prost would have done this to each other!

Lewis must come to terms with the fact that this is a big bad world:)

Nooooooo! I mean Alonso didn't realise that it's a big bad world up until the FIA penalised him last year and killed the sport he loved, did he?? And you expect Lewis to learn it in a handful of races?? :lol:

I can't imagine it to be true, to be honest.

Welcome back, Wez. :thbup:

Nooooooo! I mean Alonso didn't realise that it's a big bad world up until the FIA penalised him last year and killed the sport he loved, did he?? And you expect Lewis to learn it in a handful of races?? :lol:

Bah, i think he knew it but the FIA incident was a confirmation!As he once said"F1 is a little lie in a big world!"(my free translation from spanish to english!!!)

Bah, i think he knew it but the FIA incident was a confirmation!As he once said"F1 is a little lie in a big world!"(my free translation from spanish to english!!!)

I was just pointing out that many comments are exaggerated in the F1 world! :lol:

I was just pointing out that many comments are exaggerated in the F1 world! :lol:

And do you know what's the worst?that the most exxagerated things don't come out of the drivers', team bosses' etc mouths,but out of the media!!!What a shame! -_-

And do you know what's the worst?that the most exxagerated things don't come out of the drivers', team bosses' etc mouths,but out of the media!!!What a shame! -_-

As has been said many times before, Angie and it is certainly true of the british media at least - they never let the truth stand in the way of a good story.

As has been said many times before, Angie and it is certainly true of the british media at least - they never let the truth stand in the way of a good story.

That's true!no doubt!!!!look all the media do this (well the greek always do it with celeb's lives etc!)but as far f1 is concerned the british are really prone to reach hasty conclusions!)

That would put alot of pressure on Hmailton if that situation happened but I'm not sure! I'll have to see towards the end of the season, around the Belgian-Japanese GP time will I be sure but this season, the drivers title is going all out!

i think it is very unfair that hamilton can see fer's data!I understand that Mclaren wants to help lewis due to his inexperience ,but it is fernando's work and he should be the only one who benefits from it!

Another interesting post. Problem is, it's a team sport. The drivers championship is meaningless imho. So 'Nando has no right to restrict his data for his personal ends.

Another interesting post. Problem is, it's a team sport. The drivers championship is meaningless imho. So 'Nando has no right to restrict his data for his personal ends.

[/quo

i don't agree with you!Not completely at least!I mean every driver has a group of mechanics and engineers behind him,that his team!!!!The other has another group!it's all about which group does the best job!

Furious???? Me, furious????? How you dare! I would strangle you with my bare hands for saying that I'm furious!!!!

did you just say "my bare hands"? or Pauls? :P

did you just say "my bare hands"? or Pauls? :P
Oh yeah! I remember the day he said that! Good times! Should go in the TF1 History book!

Is Alonso playing dirty to undermine Lewis?

Thursday 12th July 2007

Fernando Alonso has been accused of playing dirty by deliberately confusing Lewis Hamilton over set-up.

In an intriguing twist to the in-house McLaren battle for the World Championship, it is suggested that Alonso has adopted a policy of go-slow on Fridays in order to effectively sabotage his team-mate's prospects of victory. Since being promoted to the role of race driver at McLaren, the British rookie has made no secret of his tendency to copy Fernando's set-up, but, it is alleged, he has now been sent down a dead-end by the cunning Spaniard. Following his defeat at Indianapolis, where he topped the timesheets in all three practive sessions as well as the first two qualifying stints, Alonso's performances on Friday at both Magny-Cours and Silverstone have been been notably tardy. In France, the double World Champion finished the opening day in a lowly eighth, whilst in Britain he was similarly uncompetitive, setting the sixth-fastest lap time of the day, almost a full second slower than pacesetter Kimi Raikkonen. On the Saturday, however, he immediately bounced back, recording a lap time in qualifying that was considerably faster than Hamilton's once fuel levels had been taken into account. "On Saturday I went faster than Hamilton but then with less fuel in the tank he was able to win pole, and it seemed that there was a big party," Alonso reflected smugly. "Because of that, finishing ahead of him tastes even sweeter. Since Canada I have been a lot quicker than him." To ensure harmony within the team, Ron Dennis has ordered both drivers to attend debriefings together, as well as share telemetry. Yet it could be that Hamilton has been sent a dummy at the past two events. The youngster bemoaned his set-up after his deflating performance at Silverstone, and it is also claimed that he made a critical error when he misdiagnosed oversteer at his first pit stop during Sunday's race. 'Lewis called for a bit less front grip, which was achieved through amended tyre pressures and a front wing adjustment, but he got it wrong - on the middle stint the car understeered badly,' reported ITV's Ted Kravitz. 'The tyres started to grain and as they lost more and more grip, the fronts started to lock up under braking, which compounded the problem. 'Lewis also had a different rear suspension to Fernando that wasn't as kind to the tyres, and lost him more speed. The question is whether that was Lewis' choice, or whether there was only one new suspension available, and Alonso got it first.'

www.planetf1.com

This last sentence is definitely the best one. :rofl: First he effectively,deliberately,naughtily,evily...(I don't feel like inventing more words) sabotages Lewis' prospects of victory.Then,he grabs the only new suspension available,dances one of his animal dances in front of Lewis and poor Lewis has to race with a piece of scrap. :nono1:

This last sentence is definitely the best one. :rofl: First he effectively,deliberately,naughtily,evily...(I don't feel like inventing more words) sabotages Lewis' prospects of victory.Then,he grabs the only new suspension available,dances one of his animal dances in front of Lewis and poor Lewis has to race with a piece of scrap. :nono1:

:roll:

He surely sabbotaged Lewis' chances of victory.

But good on him. That's what they all do!

HOWEVER...

After watching how Hamilton reacts to severe pressure, I honestly can't see him winning the championship this season.

Put it this way... There was stacks of pressure on him at his home Grand prix this weekend, and plain and simply, he cracked!!!

He made several errors and was blitzed by his team mate for the first time in 4 grand prix's...

Hamilton made on tiny error in one of his pit stops that had no real bearing on the outcome. He was hardly 'blitzed' by Alonso, his engine revs were turned down.

He did a 'Trulli' in qualifying. He found a magic lap that wasn't representative of the cars true pace. Had he qualified third, no one would say a word.

Sorry, but plain and simply, he did not crack. I think you need to go back and evaluate his performance, knowing the facts. There is no cause for concern. The way that the car performance between Mclaren and Ferrari is ebbing and flowing means that it's still wide open. Last year's championship shows us that.

Hamilton made on tiny error in one of his pit stops that had no real bearing on the outcome. He was hardly 'blitzed' by Alonso, his engine revs were turned down.

There were other issues than the minor pit mistake. He opted to not take Fernando's set-up and called for a front wing adjustment mid-race that induced alot of understeer. Hamilton turned down the revs, but so did Alonso. If we take the 30+ seconds Alonso had over Hamilton, and gave Hamilton 25 of those due to turning the engine down (and I'm being generous as that works out to an incredible amount per lap from the time he would have been told to 'turn it down') then you still have Alonso, in equal equipment, 5 seconds on top of Hamilton. That's an eternity. Hamilton screwed-up in Silverstone. Happens to everyone and it's being made too much of, I think.

Sorry, but plain and simply, he did not crack. I think you need to go back and evaluate his performance, knowing the facts. There is no cause for concern. The way that the car performance between Mclaren and Ferrari is ebbing and flowing means that it's still wide open. Last year's championship shows us that.

I agree that Hamilton didn't crack. He's far tougher than that. I'm not convinced yet that the championship is wide open. If Kimi and Ferrari start to dominate the next two races, I'll sign on to that. Massa is out of the equation as I see him making too many mistakes.

He did a 'Trulli' in qualifying. He found a magic lap that wasn't representative of the cars true pace. Had he qualified third, no one would say a word.

I mostly agree with you. The boy really hasn't cracked yet, quite the contrary, he is a cold blooded ba$tard.

But he has made a major mistake, not a tiny one, when he decided to ignore Alonso's setup. (Or...if you'd rather go with the Alonso conspiracy theory) he has shown he is not yet the genious the birtish press tries to convince us all he is, if he is so dependable on Alonso's setup that the lack of that info can hurt him so badly.

Then i guess Ron is in deep trouble if Alonso wants to leave the team. And Hamilton did lose his temper at Silverstone during first pit stop, do not deny that. Will it affect rest of his season? Probably not.

reguardless of how good or Bad LH is I am very sure there are maybe 15 - 18 other guys that line up every Race day that would LOVE to have been on the podium for every race this year.

I personally think that the CAR is part of the reason for his success, but I doubt that if say Weber, Whom I like very much, would have made the same impact evry race meeting if he was in the McLaren :unsure:

reguardless of how good or Bad LH is I am very sure there are maybe 15 - 18 other guys that line up every Race day that would LOVE to have been on the podium for every race this year.

I personally think that the CAR is part of the reason for his success, but I doubt that if say Weber, Whom I like very much, would have made the same impact evry race meeting if he was in the McLaren :unsure:

NO probably not but it would be nice to see him in a competitive, reliable car, to see what he could really do!!

Got to give credit to RD to put LH in the seat at such a young age.

:lol:

It's kind of depressing that a journalist can write that crap and it gets published anyways, though! :(

Oh... i have another proof of the machiavelic machinations from the Devil with Brow:

He is deliberately allowing Hammy to get ahead in the championship. That way, Lewis has to endure all the pressure, ultimately driving him to alcoholism, anxiety attacks and sabbath-breaking. Meanwhile, the "cunning Spaniard" is biding his time and once Lewis is commited to a mental institution, he will win the championship effortlessly.

Alonso was also spotted standing behind Kimi right before the race and saying in a casual tone: "Man, am I thirsty! I would love a good vodka drink now! That sweet, sweet slow poison and that warm feeling down my throat...Hey, isn't that good old Michael in the pitwall? Gee, if I had to race under his gaze I would surely feel nervous!"

According to some sources, he told Albers "You wanna know how I won 2 championships? Every second counts out there. Waiting for the crew to remove the fuel hose before leaving the pits can make you lose the race. Believe me, you can save a lot of pitstop time if you just leave them before the hose is removed"

That's some funny stuff. :roll:

I can't imagine it to be true, to be honest.

Probably isn't

Welcome back, Wez. :thbup:

Thanks mate