Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wez

Hamilton Is Unbelievable!

he did screw up he let his emotions in trying to gt the pole at his home gp hamper his race efforts the next day witch int good no matter how u look at it

I used to like Alonso until you told me all this. I agree with Abbas - evil, pure evil.

I have to defend Alonso somewhat here...

You have to compete on every level in F1... Hamilton gets full data sharing, and soaks it up like a sponge. Pouring over data, he thinks "How can Alonso break so late into turn 5?" Hamilton can look at anything he wants, wheel rotation speeds, braking data, g-forces, distance vs rpm, distance vs degree turn on the steering wheel, amount of pressure on the break pedal.... Different ways Alonso has set up the car, ALL of Alonso's set ups. Every last driving secret of the WDC trying as hard as he can.

And Lewis has been trained to an unprecidented extent to digest all of that informaton, to assimilate it. Ron Dennis basically brought the 2x WDC in as the next stage of simulator for Lew Ham.

How frustrating must it be for Alonso now that he realizes that Ron Dennis didn't want him just to win races for McLaren, he also wanted full access to Alonso's telemetry in order to train up his clone army and take over the galaxy.

:D

There were other issues than the minor pit mistake. He opted to not take Fernando's set-up and called for a front wing adjustment mid-race that induced alot of understeer. Hamilton turned down the revs, but so did Alonso. If we take the 30+ seconds Alonso had over Hamilton, and gave Hamilton 25 of those due to turning the engine down (and I'm being generous as that works out to an incredible amount per lap from the time he would have been told to 'turn it down') then you still have Alonso, in equal equipment, 5 seconds on top of Hamilton. That's an eternity. Hamilton screwed-up in Silverstone. Happens to everyone and it's being made too much of, I think.

How is that a mistake ?!

So how about if he makes his own setup on every race , to actually deserve some of his points/podiums fair and square ?!

I can't really imagine Alonso coping Fisico's setups, or Schumi those Herbert/Irvine/Barichello/Massa.

I have to defend Alonso somewhat here...

You have to compete on every level in F1... Hamilton gets full data sharing, and soaks it up like a sponge. Pouring over data, he thinks "How can Alonso break so late into turn 5?" Hamilton can look at anything he wants, wheel rotation speeds, braking data, g-forces, distance vs rpm, distance vs degree turn on the steering wheel, amount of pressure on the break pedal.... Different ways Alonso has set up the car, ALL of Alonso's set ups. Every last driving secret of the WDC trying as hard as he can.

And Lewis has been trained to an unprecidented extent to digest all of that informaton, to assimilate it. Ron Dennis basically brought the 2x WDC in as the next stage of simulator for Lew Ham.

How frustrating must it be for Alonso now that he realizes that Ron Dennis didn't want him just to win races for McLaren, he also wanted full access to Alonso's telemetry in order to train up his clone army and take over the galaxy.

:D

you talk a load of garbage. When Lewis races tomorrow , you'll see why he is THE CHANPION

you talk a load of garbage. When Lewis races tomorrow , you'll see why he is THE CHANPION

I wonder if he'll be able to make it past Kubica where Massa could not (for 20 laps)...

It is a good point, we will see a different Hamilton, fresh from a big shunt, starting from 10th place on an unforgiving track.

We'll know tomorrow if he's got the makings of a true chanpion!

I wonder if he'll be able to make it past Kubica where Massa could not (for 20 laps)...

It is a good point, we will see a different Hamilton, fresh from a big shunt, starting from 10th place on an unforgiving track.

We'll know tomorrow if he's got the makings of a true chanpion!

Sorry about the typo.

You will see a true CHAMPION tomorrow. I predict 3 or above for Lewis

Sorry about the typo.

You will see a true CHAMPION tomorrow. I predict 3 or above for Lewis

Nah, even starting with a lot of fuel he'll probably end 4th or below, sorry to say it. If nothing happens to the three in front, he's got no chance. Then, we never know what could happen.

How is that a mistake ?!

I would think it obvious. See below anyway...

So how about if he makes his own setup on every race , to actually deserve some of his points/podiums fair and square ?!

I can't really imagine Alonso coping Fisico's setups, or Schumi those Herbert/Irvine/Barichello/Massa.

It's done all the time. Drivers have the option of taking their teammates' set-ups. I will admit that there was no way Hammy could have known , 100%, Alonso's rear end was more attractive than his, but, on the other hand, perhaps he did have clues. If Hammy would have paid attention to Alonso's tyre wear compared to his own in practice, he might have concluded that Alonso had the better rear. Certainly choosing to adjust the front wing was a mistake. It's ok to make mistakes, but where I get amused is in seeing people (like you, DOF) try to defend the mistakes. Admit it and move on, you'll be respected more for it.

It's done all the time. Drivers have the option of taking their teammates' set-ups. I will admit that there was no way Hammy could have known , 100%, Alonso's rear end was more attractive than his, but, on the other hand, perhaps he did have clues. If Hammy would have paid attention to Alonso's tyre wear compared to his own in practice, he might have concluded that Alonso had the better rear. Certainly choosing to adjust the front wing was a mistake. It's ok to make mistakes, but where I get amused is in seeing people (like you, DOF) try to defend the mistakes. Admit it and move on, you'll be respected more for it.

That wasn't my point. My point is Hamilton's got everything given to him on a silver plater, and he's not deserving of the

WDC or the leaderhip of the championship till he learns/makes his own setup and mistakes with that.

The mistake is that he's championship leader and fighting for the WDC, tough he's not experienced and worthy (meaning he can't really develop the car and make a setup; that's for Alonso and de la Rosa to do).

That wasn't my point. My point is Hamilton's got everything given to him on a silver plater, and he's not deserving of the

WDC or the leaderhip of the championship till he learns/makes his own setup and mistakes with that.

The mistake is that he's championship leader and fighting for the WDC, tough he's not experienced and worthy (meaning he can't really develop the car and make a setup; that's for Alonso and de la Rosa to do).

Not deserving? :eusa_think: The points system determines who is deserving of the WDC. Gather enough points and you win it....a very simple concept, really. If he truly cannot develop a car (and I've yet to hear this about him), and has troubles with the car's set-up, I expect the guy in the other McLaren to quickly overhaul him in points. Numbers are cruel and don't take into consideration 'deserving' or 'worthy'...they simply tell you who accumulated the most at the end of the season...by whatever means available to the drivers.

If he truly cannot develop a car (and I've yet to hear this about him)

He barely made it into F1. He lacks knowledge and experience.

I expect the guy in the other McLaren to quickly overhaul him in points

How would this work exactly ?!

He's getting the car witch his team mate and tester developed, and getting his team mate setup too. He simply doesn't doesn't have to bother with the natural struggle caused by his lack of experience in such matters.

Never thought I'd have to say this, but I think DOF makes a (partially) valid point. It's possible for Alonso to develop a fast car, and to help Hamilton with the set up, and then for Hamilton to race it better. In those circumstances you could suggest Alonso was the more deserving champion, depending on your definition of deserving.

Never thought I'd have to say this, but I think DOF makes a (partially) valid point. It's possible for Alonso to develop a fast car, and to help Hamilton with the set up, and then for Hamilton to race it better. In those circumstances you could suggest Alonso was the more deserving champion, depending on your definition of deserving.

Well thank you. Tough it's not only possible, it's the reality.

Im not slating Hammy since I dont blame a guy with only 10 races in F1 for doing so, But It's a well know fact that like Senna, Prost & Schumacher in the past, Alonso is brilliant at car setup, so presumably Hammy will take Alonso's setup....

He barely made it into F1. He lacks knowledge and experience.

what do u mean by that? He won the GP2 championship & the year before that won the F3 Euroseries thingy, or am I misunderstanding you?

by the way guys using your team-mates set up is completely normal and always has been

Yes that's true, but just because it's normal doesn't mean it's fair or deserved, depending on your definitions of those words. :)

All those criticising Lewis for using Nando's set up are missing the point. How can Lewis, a rookie, be expected to know the intricacies of an F1 car having had a mere 10,000 miles of testing in the close season. He has had no experience of an F1 car on any of the other tracks that were not included as part of his training.

Now, were he to have had a year testing like Nando, Rosberg, Wurz, Davidson, Kovy, Piquet etc. I am sure he would have developed his own techniques and unique set up.

Rather than deriding him he should be applauded for a driving a car that has been set up by a Double World champion and driving it as fast. Whatever anyone says Lewis & Nando do not have a similar driving style, so it could be argued that Nando has the upper hand and, indeed, an unfair advantage.

Lewis can only get better over time

;)

Yes I agree completely. I'm not taking anything away from what he's achieved. Also you make a good point that he can improve his setups in the future, making him even better. There are few better drivers to learn that skill from than Alonso and Pedro. All I was saying was that the WDC doesn't give due credit to Alonso for his skill at setting up the car relative to Lewis.

+2 agree. Hamilton may be leading the drivers title race but he's still a rookie remember! Maybe next year, he'll be using his own setup next year but why be so angry with him?? I guess that's the TF1 meaning of life!

All those criticising Lewis for using Nando's set up are missing the point. How can Lewis, a rookie, be expected to know the intricacies of an F1 car having had a mere 10,000 miles of testing in the close season. He has had no experience of an F1 car on any of the other tracks that were not included as part of his training.

Now, were he to have had a year testing like Nando, Rosberg, Wurz, Davidson, Kovy, Piquet etc. I am sure he would have developed his own techniques and unique set up.

Rather than deriding him he should be applauded for a driving a car that has been set up by a Double World champion and driving it as fast. Whatever anyone says Lewis & Nando do not have a similar driving style, so it could be argued that Nando has the upper hand and, indeed, an unfair advantage.

;)

Indeed.

;)

And who says Alonso has reached his peak? :P As for the unfair advantage...because of the seup, I guess you don't think so in which case we both agree ;)

what do u mean by that? He won the GP2 championship & the year before that won the F3 Euroseries thingy, or am I misunderstanding you?

by the way guys using your team-mates set up is completely normal and always has been

GP2 and F3 means almost ZERO when it comes to car developement and setup of an F1 car.