Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TotalF1-Wez

James' Commentary

Dont know about you, but I think James did a great job in the commentary box for the Brazilian Grand Prix.

Although I will be very sad when Murrary retires at this seasons end, I think James will be a worthy replacement.

yeah wez i agree.

james & martin make a good team, one with the chat & one with the technical knowledge.

we australians are a bit spoiled as far as motor racing commentary is concerned as most of the commentators here are very knowledgeable as well as entertaining speakers.

i'm reminded of two incidents which occured on tv on the same day. firstly we had the channel 10 team discussing differing saloon car performance at this race meeting. there was talk about gear raitios, coefficient of air resistance & touque curves.

next the indycars came on & the american commentators main comment was "and bobby rahall lets it all hang out" duh!

geoff :cool: and sandy :wink:

hehheh, I havent heard F1 commentary since Malaysia 2000, last time i SAW a race. Greedy Mr. Ecclestone went and sold the rights to the best offer (Speedvision), not the channel that everyone can see!

wez: pretty GOOG? lmdao! :)

as for the commentary, yes i was pretty impressed, which was surprising. i didn't expect to enjoy the commentary as much as i did.

whoops,

'pretty goog' is that something like Humpty Dumpty?

I thought it was quite funny when James spoke over the top of Martin when he got quite excited.  He then apologised, but I bet Martin wouldnt have liked it, he is used to speaking over Murray... :)

I have to admit, James did a pretty fine job of comentating.  He even did a classic Murray jinx (saying HHF was going to score, seconds later HHF pulled of the track).

I am still not convinced that he is the right man for the job next year, but we will see how he progresses during the season.  I imagine he will be filling in for Murray all year.

Claire

To be completely honest, I think the whole ITV line-up on Sunday was a bit boring - they need someone who looks different to the rest of them, and has a really strong personality complete with their own set of opinions, who occasionally makes the odd error....mmm - sounds like me!

Andrew

Oh Gawwwwd Darryl Eastlake!

Please don't tell the world that he exists, let alone that he is Australian.

He was banished to a soundproof room to call the wrestling at the (I think) Commonwealth Games some years ago. That has to be a first.

If you non-aussies could imagine someone who was the total opposite to Nigel Mansell telling how his cat had just died you will have a glimpse of Darryl.

Incidentally what is this lol or LOL thing?

If we are talking about acronyms geoffandsandy.  how about this one

GnS - Geoffandsandy (because youre name is too #### long)  lol.

Claire