Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hollywood2003

Powerplants for 2004

I was in Federation Square in Melbourne today for the festival of speed and was lucky enough to meet up with the Minardi team of principal Paul Stoddart, and their two new drivers Gimmy Bruni and Zolt Baumgartner.

Top bloke Gimmy and very humble.

I asked them whether they will start the season with the same powerplant as Jag and Jordan to which Gimmy replied, "No, we will have the same engine as last year but modified to last the whole weekend."

I asked what power output , he stated that Jag would be running around 870-880 bhp, Ferrari at around 910 bhp and BMW has about 930 bhp. Minardi will be running 800 hp at max revs of 17,000.

I was a little surprised that the CR3 engine of cosworth in the Minardi was so down on power and that the BMW is still way up there even with the 800km range required. Any comments on other teams??

I find it a bit strange that he told you what b.h.p/Revs his own tean were running i doubt if Paul Stoddard would be to happy about that.As ferrari e.t.c i doubt they are running any where near that,but if they are i wouldn't bet on them to finish.

Kepners, as I described they were in attendance at Federation Square for the launch of the public transport with the transport Minister and I got to talk to them as they left the stage walking to a coffee shop to have a cuppa with the journalists, why do you doubt me?

I find it a bit strange that he told you what b.h.p/Revs his own tean were running i doubt if Paul Stoddard would be to happy about that.As ferrari e.t.c i doubt they are running any where near that,but if they are i wouldn't bet on them to finish.

Why would minardi hide the fact that they are way down on power every one knows their car is the least powerful on the grid by a long shot

My friend, i dont doubt, i was wondering if you may had other sourses of information. thats all.

Plus i forgot. ehehe

Mark Webber will be in attendance there today between 1.00pm and 1.30pm, I will see if I can get to talk to him and perhaps a pic to prove I am not bulls##tting?? he he

It has to be BMW – they started testing engines designed for the new regulations months before any other team.

800bhp sounds very low (low, and low, it's still 800bhp :D ), but it would be interesting to see where Renault and BAR for example stick in that list. We'll see how Minardi runs at Melbourne, but the straight line speed will reveal all!

A mate of mine was there to see Mark and talked to him, very nice man he says! :)

Why would minardi hide the fact that they are way down on power every one knows their car is the least powerful on the grid by a long shot

gotta agree there, why would they bother. it's pretty unprofessional to reveal thta info, but mate, it's minardi..