Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yoda McFly

Rfactor

Forget about paying for that really graphical racing game which I'll do sh1t at cos I don't have that steering wheel! If I did have it, I would've bought that PC game I found in Game which was the oficial FIA GT game lisenced by the FIA, obviously! Why are PC games so damn better than console games :angry: ?

Forget about paying for that really graphical racing game which I'll do sh1t at cos I don't have that steering wheel! If I did have it, I would've bought that PC game I found in Game which was the oficial FIA GT game lisenced by the FIA, obviously! Why are PC games so damn better than console games :angry: ?

Yeah, I've given up on the console. The games are too easy, and they make you buy a new one every year and keep changing the consoles. I can play all the games on my PC and when a new season of racing starts, I just put that one on the old one and have both on the same game. Whoever invented mods was a genuis (modifications, not moderators...moderators get in the way :P )

Time to dig up an old thread.

If rFactor was a girl, she'd be the perfect woman.

Mmm mmm I love that game. It's sooo siiick, you can put all sorts of cars on all sorts of bizarre tracks. I finally got the hang of it and won at Montreal in a Champ Car (Katherine Legge's of course, the pink one from Road America)...I LOVE THIS GAME. Well worth the money.

And huuuuuuuuuuge thanks to Yoda for the controller advice, it works great! Also using it on PS2 now, my Gran Turismo 4 performance is 12 times better.

I reccomend this game to anyone with any interest in racing games. It's great, you really get a feel for how different cars act on the same track. I have Champ Car 2006+2005, F1 2006, F1 2005, V8 Supercar, F1 1979, and NASCAR COT, now I'm focusing on adding some more tracks (put on Long Beach and Lime Rock this morning, will do more later). Will probably add Champ Car Atlantic and GP2 in the near future, will keep looking for IRL IndyCar and ALMS. Overall love the game.

I haven't found a GP2 yet, and the Atlantic mod that's available is actually the '05 'Yota Atlantic; not the current series. (Still interesting, to drive, though).

The only ALMS-type mod I've encountered (I'm presume you're meaning, specifically, for (LM)P? classes, as GT is pretty well covered) pretty much sucks ...

I may need to re-read and re-think this post ... It's only taken 6 hours to write with various interruptions ...

I haven't found a GP2 yet, and the Atlantic mod that's available is actually the '05 'Yota Atlantic; not the current series. (Still interesting, to drive, though).

The only ALMS-type mod I've encountered (I'm presume you're meaning, specifically, for (LM)P? classes, as GT is pretty well covered) pretty much sucks ...

I may need to re-read and re-think this post ... It's only taken 6 hours to write with various interruptions ...

Come on Yoda ask for the video as well....

:blush::rolleyes:

Oops. There it is, installed on my own hard drive ...

The one big problem I see with rFactor is it's way too easy to have soooooo many cars and tracks installed that you lose some of 'em ...

:ninja:

ahh boo...my pc a bit crappy for this rfactor business, could get it on this brilliant laptop but ehh...cba.

i'll stick to GT4, by the way i am the greatest ever on GT4.

ahh boo...my pc a bit crappy for this rfactor business, could get it on this brilliant laptop but ehh...cba.

i'll stick to GT4, by the way i am the greatest ever on GT4.

Really! Me-v-you Nurburgring 24h enduro, LMP1 cars. Tune it to bits if you want!

Really! Me-v-you Nurburgring 24h enduro, LMP1 cars. Tune it to bits if you want!

bring it bitch! :lol: just kidding. i wish i could race you but i got it on console, can you get gran turismo 4 on pc.

ahhh...whatever i'm still da man. i'm also dominant on toca 3.

forget nurbergring, i'll go for suzuka, trial mountain or deep forest reverse.

:ph34r:I HAVE FOUND THE FORBIDDEN FRUIT! :ph34r:

That is all.

Who wants to help me?

Skins and setups, what do I use to open them with, where do I send the files to once I can open them?

Who wants to help me?

Skins and setups, what do I use to open them with, where do I send the files to once I can open them?

Skins are usually done in .psd format, so Photoshop or the GIMP will be your friends there.

There are some editing tools and tutorials out there. I'm a bit rushed, so more on this later, but take a look at this part of rFactorcentral for a good start.

By "setups", I presume you mean the .svm files that store track-specific setups, such as suspension, gearing, downforce, etc? They're plain text, so any text editor will do, even the lowly notepad.

If you're referring to the actual cars, as in "I think they hoovered the Formula BMW; it's actually got more horsepower..." or whatever, that's a whole black art in itself ... It involves the engine and suspension physics, some sort of 3d modeller, etc ... Try rFactorcentral again...

Good luck and have fun!

hahaha I'm the only who still plays F1 on the 2006 video game, I guess...

pff it's not that bad... ive been hacking it to get the actual drivers names, info and pics into it hehe if you ignore the tracks, it's almost 2008 season!

I don't wanna buy rFactor as I'm afraid I won't have the right video card & waste a few wuid like I did on GTR2!

Obviously, to misuse an old saw, "there's no replacement for displacement," but you'll likely find that rFactor is much easier on hardware than GTR ... Download the demo and give it a shot.

I'm still using AGP (nominally a 6800GT, but currently a 6800 while I wait for the RMA on my burned out GT to get processed), and I've never had any serious frame rate problems.

Plus, it's open, and that's a Good Thing

You can make rFactor work on a POS, but it ain't fun. My last computer was a 2004, and it took about 2 hours 20 minutes to d/l CCWS 2005-2006. This computer, it took 5 minutes.

Only problem is most rFactor mods are low res, which looks extremely s##tty on 1440 by 990 (which is what I have). At least NR2003 adapted to that well.

hahaha I'm the only who still plays F1 on the 2006 video game, I guess...

I used to play the F1 2002 series and the modded 2007 one... But the game kept crashing either due to Vista or my grahic card, ( graphics shouldn't be a problem as it runs most new games...)

anyone playin' Live for speed here?

I heard that's the best ever but never got into it. No F1 I think.

Obviously, to misuse an old saw, "there's no replacement for displacement," but you'll likely find that rFactor is much easier on hardware than GTR ... Download the demo and give it a shot.

I'm still using AGP (nominally a 6800GT, but currently a 6800 while I wait for the RMA on my burned out GT to get processed), and I've never had any serious frame rate problems.

Plus, it's open, and that's a Good Thing

Where can I get the demo & is it available to play online?? Even stil ,I would'nt be able to play it cos I gots no 3D graphics card at all, found out by downloading this very useful thing called PC Wizard!

http://www.rfactor.net/index.php?page=buyonline

Minimum requirements for the computer are also on the website...

Basically you download the whole game and until you unlock it, you will have only 2 tracks...

I heard that's the best ever but never got into it. No F1 I think.

THere is but only BMW (not in demo though)

http://www.rfactor.net/index.php?page=buyonline

Minimum requirements for the computer are also on the website...

Basically you download the whole game and until you unlock it, you will have only 2 tracks...

The real game only has two tracks on it, IIRC. The game doesn't come with anything good on it (besides BMW-Sauber F1.06, but even that is useless when you install FSONE06), the entire point is to go to rfactorcentral.com and d/l the mods. It's more fun that way. It's a blank canvas.