Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mikathegreat2

European Gp Qualifying

Discuss quali of the European GP here! Kimi looks to be on a flyer & will have a good chance of winning this race!

What a big crash by Hamilton! I'm shocked to see Martin & James are still stable but i saw a bit of smoke from inside of Hamilton's right front tyre at the Michael Schumacher corner :eusa_think::eusa_think: ! At least he badly crashed & if Hamilton is'nt fully fit to race tomorrow, then McLaren will have to send in de la Rosa :blink: ! That's freaky cos I said that as an idea last night :blink::blink::blink: !

What a big crash by Hamilton! I'm shocked to see Martin & James are still stable but i saw a bit of smoke from inside of Hamilton's right front tyre at the Michael Schumacher corner :eusa_think::eusa_think: ! At least he badly crashed & if Hamilton is'nt fully fit to race tomorrow, then McLaren will have to send in de la Rosa :blink: ! That's freaky cos I said that as an idea last night :blink::blink::blink: !

Live timing says that medics are attending to him, what exactly is happening?

He was put into the back of an ambulance a minute ago so I'm not too sure if he'll race tomorrow!

I hope he is alright, but fingers crossed de la Rosa will be dusting off the race suit!

From the looks of it he might have sprained or broken a wrist, German TV has been live the entire time. When I was looking at the replay Hami was still holding the wheel upon impact and almost immediately he pulled his hands off the wheel and did a dance with his feet that to me looked like he was yelling "F@!k F@!k F@!k" due to the pain. Then when he got out of his car he looked like he was holding his left hand as though in pain.

then when Hami was loaded onto the ambulance he gave a thumbs up with his right hand but it looked as though he had a splint on his left.

now this is all speculation based upon the replay and following footage

Live timing says that medics are attending to him, what exactly is happening?

Right front tire failure. Car wouldn't turn, he ran over the curb and straight into the tire barrier

Looked like a suspension failure, then the front right locked up, tire went flat and he crashed into the tires. Right after the crash he was bouncing his feet in the c#ckpit, seemed to be in pain. Sat in the car for a minute or so and then could just crawl his body out and sit on the side of the c#ckpit with his fit inside the car. Seemed totaly in shock. Was then driven off in an ambulance giving the thumbs up while on the strecher.

thanks for the visual description, we poor sods in aust have to wait til 12am to see it.

Looked like a suspension failure, then the front right locked up, tire went flat and he crashed into the tires. Right after the crash he was bouncing his feet in the c#ckpit, seemed to be in pain. Sat in the car for a minute or so and then could just crawl his body out and sit on the side of the c#ckpit with his fit inside the car. Seemed totaly in shock. Was then driven off in an ambulance giving the thumbs up while on the strecher.
Don't think he'll be race fit but at leasst he gave a thumbs up! & welcome to the forums kuskor :thbup: !

Ron Dennis has just entered the medical center so he should give ITV the info they've ben waiting 15 mins for!

Ron Dennis has onfirmed that Hamilton has no injuries & no broken bones & that there was a problem with the wheel gun & that it was'nt screwed in or something!

KIMI TAKES POLE!!!! Alonso goes 2nd while Massa goes 3rd meaning Alonso is sadwiched between the 2 Ferrari's! I wonder if Kimi will be on a winning streak of 3 races!!!

If Hamilton doesn't race, McLaren will have to field just one car. They can't swap drivers now.

Unfortunate would be an appropriate word for anyone else but Hamilton has had everything go his way so far. It was only a matter of time before a mechanical failure halted his progress. Hope he is fine though.

Great run by Kimi. He had been quickest all weekend. Whats up with Massa though? 3rd but didn't look threatening at all. He would have been 4th if Hamilton had managed to put in a clean run. Perhaps he is carrying more fuel than Kimi. Alonso is running very light though for sure.

Kimi's on pole, but Alonso made a big mistake and is 2nd!!

Was that on his actual lap? It was a massive slide, lost a lot of time... ITV arent clear...

I hope Hamsy is OK, but still this is what I call justice. If he can drive tomorrow all top drivers have started from 10th or worse.

I think that Mclaren are allowed to change driver but de la Rosa would need to start from last place. Webber did great but DC would surely have been better if not his teams screw up with sending him too late so he couldn't start his flying lap before the session ended.

Heikki was good and beat Fisico fair and square. Alonso would have been on pole if not for his mistake. He is propably lighter than Kimi. And Massa who looked good in Q2 is propably quite heavy. Heidfeld had almost the same time as Massa and was three tenths faster than Kubica so he is also light I think.

Was that on his actual lap? It was a massive slide, lost a lot of time... ITV arent clear...

It was. Alonso said in the pressconference that he thought he could only do like 5th or 6th and was surprised with his second place.

It was. Alonso said in the pressconference that he thought he could only do like 5th or 6th and was surprised with his second place.

Ouch... big mistake from him then, would have thrashed Kimi's time had he kept it pointing in the right direction.

I dont think De la Rosa can replace Hamilton can he now quali started? I thought the driver who starts Quali is the one you must take forward to the Race itself, before then its fine to change, and also you can nominate other drivers in practice sessions but once quali starts you take that driver through to the race. I just hope Hamilton can race tomorrow, if he can I think he'll provide an interesting race for us.

People who can get BBC Radio 5, Murray Walker Is the commentator, and wow what a difference It makes to the show, compared to James Allen. Incase you didn't know. :D

Huge off!

He's unlikely to race

:(

No, i think he will, if he has no injuries, there is no reason that he shouldn't race, also, Mclaren could fix that car with the time they have got, they can fix it in park ferme anyway.

Anyway, time will tell.

Chuffed with ferraris 1st and 3rd, looking good for tommorow ^_^

Massa doesn't look so good, got a feeling he'll finish behind a BMW or 2, two horse race tomorrow I reckon. i'm amazed Alomso managed to get 2nd with that huge moment, must have lost nearly a second with that, maybe more.

Hope Hamilton is OK and can race, didn't look too good when he got out of the car, he couldn't even stand up.

Considering his huge mistake then, (sliding all over the track) hopefully it poses well for McLarens lap speed for the race! Congrats to Kimi, could be four in a row for him? Nice work Webber too! :congrats: