Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Halfie

European Gp Race

OMg! Schumi just handed Ron Dennis the constructors winning trophy :blink::blink::blink: !!! I can't even put it into words it's that bad a situation!

BRILLIANT!! THAT IS WHAT A GRAND PRIX SHOULD BE!!

Massa did a helluva job keeping Fernando back, but when he went outside on the hairpin and nearly got him, I knew it was all over. Fred's just better in the wet, but helluva drive for both, great racing, F1 cars duking it out for the lead with only 5 laps to go!! Beautiful!

Fantastic race, it is how F1 should be, great thing for ITV viewers was the red flag allowed 2 advert breaks to be taken so a lot more race coverage with less breaks was very nice.

Just amazing race even with LH getting nothing, fantastic race and congratulations to Webber! Massa was not happy with Alonso in the bit before the podium! Amazing for Ron Dennis to be handed the constructors trophy from Schumacher, that must be hard to take for Ferrari!

ALONSO WINS!!!!!!!! Massa goes 2nd & it looks like Webber's gonna go 3rd but only just! Wurz nearly stole a podium but well done Fernando! Great race from him :clap3: !

WEBBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO HAPPY!! CAN'T BELIEVE HE NEARLY THREW IT AWAY IN THE LAST SECTOR OF THE RACE! BUT WELL DONE!!

Although Massa dominated the race i think FA deserves this win more than Massa. U need to know how to drive in wet too :) .

I feel sorry for Heiki though. Renault spoiled his race in last 15laps when they called him to pit!

Is it just me or do Alonso and Webber look like really good mates in both the after race and press conference?

Is it just me or do Alonso and Webber look like really good mates in both the after race and press conference?

This is NOT a post against Massa. And this is NOT a post against Lewis Hamilton.

- If FA would have spinned off track and a tractor put him back in...what would most people say?

- If LH would have been showed blue flags because Alonso was behind him by many seconds and forced him to slow down like they did with LH when Massa was nowhere to be seen...what would most people say?

Just some random thoughts.

- If LH would have been showed blue flags because Alonso was behind him by many seconds and forced him to slow down like they did with LH when Massa was nowhere to be seen...what would most people say?

Todt complained for sure...and FIA most likely told McRon that LH has to slow down otherwise he'll get 10sec penalty...

IMHO Massa should first catch LH before he should slow down...LH had more than 2sec advantage and massa couldnt catch it.

Todt complained for sure...and FIA most likely told McRon that LH has to slow down otherwise he'll get 10sec penalty...

IMHO Massa should first catch LH before he should slow down...LH had more than 2sec advantage and massa couldnt catch it.

That is what it seemed to me, too. Any chances for Hammy grabbing a point evaporated there. That was really unfair!

If they didn't have that silly pitstop/safety car rule, they could have all come in for wets and we could have carried on with the crazyness at the start of the race! Still - it was cracking entertainment.

What a race! Even with Kimi and Nico out and Heikki only 8th I'm just too excited with this. The first race for a long time to get me laughing my eyes more wet than the track at the start of this race!

I was rolling on the floor already when the commentator said "Winkelhock, first grand prix, second start, up 21 places.".

I'm sure Kimi gets back those lost points in the next races but Alonso was really great today and I said to my dad when it started to rain at the end "Massa vs Alonso in the wet...murder".

Heidfeld pushed Ralfie off the track before he could do the same to anyone else, is also a notable thing. And the most expensive carpark in the first corner was something special too. Lewis didn't have the best of it today but he caused one good line from the commentator when he was pulled back to race. "The wonderboy Lewis Hamilton, Mercedes Benz, Mercedes arena, Mercedes tractor, is back on the race one lap down and nothing can happen to this kid while that tractor is around it seems."

LH surly lost more than 3 sec in that lap when he slowed down. Now at the end he was around 2 sec behind Heiki. So i would give 70-30 to LH to get 1pt.

Great race alot of laughs here during the race.

What was Massa trying to do? Run Fernando and himself off the road?

Seemed like he was taken too big a risk when considering Kimi And Lewis both werent gonna get any points this race

Kimi really needs to do something about his Nurburg hex.

Maybe a visit to witchdoctor?

This is NOT a post against Massa. And this is NOT a post against Lewis Hamilton.

- If FA would have spinned off track and a tractor put him back in...what would most people say?

Do you expect any Hamilton fan noticed that?

I think Lewis showed great presence of mind to keep the engine going so long and do a Michael like that. Not only is he quick but he can make his own luck too, just like the great man. He was caught out by inexperience today. I wonder how much running he actually has had in changeable conditions like that.

That is what it seemed to me, too. Any chances for Hammy grabbing a point evaporated there. That was really unfair!

I agree that was an absurd call from the FIA and it could well have cost Lewis a point .

When saw what was going on I was like :wtf:

Have they lost their minds?

Massa clearly has a gift for making officials think that cars 5 secs ahead of him are holding him up and should be given a blue flag. ^_^

I just watched the post race interviews and Webber was so much better at answering his questions than either Alonso or Massa. The interviewer only asked him 1 question and he gave us all the information we were interesting in while it took 2 or 3 questions to extract the information out of Alonso and Massa.

Great race. Alonso deserved to win. I thought his move on Massa was great. All this over analysis of the wheel banging is quite amusing. Does anyone remember when that's what they actually used to do? Was anyone bitching after the Villeneuve-Peroni battle at Dijon?

Does anyone know what Massa the moaner is actually having a hissy fit about? I don't get it, looked like if anyone should of been annoyed it should have been Alonso.... :unsure:

Does anyone know what Massa the moaner is actually having a hissy fit about? I don't get it, looked like if anyone should of been annoyed it should have been Alonso.... :unsure:

Alonso told him a quite a bit gross words before podium ceremony.

Massa is p**sed at Fernando for accusing him of turning into him deliberately and trying to run him off the track and responded in some colorfull language.

Fernando apologised for his remarks and said he made in the heat of the moment as he nearly did not finish the race.

While I do think Fernando overreacted I also think that Massa should have looked at the bigger picture.

It seemed he was willing to risk everything to hold on to 1st place when he was in a position to make up alot of points on Lewis and Kimi .

This to me seems extremely stupid considering Fernando was clearly faster and was gonna pass him sooner or later but it does make for great racing and possibly alot of drama so you wont hear me complain about it.

I'll just sit back and enjoy the spectacle ^_^

Storm in a teacup.

Indeed. I think Massa just made a minor mistake pushing too hard in the heat of the moment. That mistake was amplified by the rain and almost cost them both the race. It was a good battle, like Steve hinted. And Nando won it fair and square, it was pretty obvious that he was handling his car so much better than Massa...it was a beauty to watch.

Alonso should have tempered his celebrations. As he'll find out to his dismay,all points of McLaren will be docked in a few days.

I think you are too presumptious since even F1 insider have no idea what will happen. :nono1:

:lol: Possibly Jay! But chances are he won't get investigated for dangerous driving in the pitlane. :( Ah well. Finally I wonder whether Alonso had some wet-weather settings on his car? Just a thought. But he was so much more competitive in those conditions. Maybe a wily move by the mono-brow in qualifying/race-restart/pitstops came into play.