Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ykickamoocow

Driver Of The Day - European Gp

Driver of the day - European GO  

60 members have voted

1. 1. You decide

• Nando
    • Felipe
    • Webber
    • Wurz
    • DC
    • Bobby
    • Nick
    • Kovy
    • Hamilton
    • Other

True. 1st F1 race & 1st time leading 1 too! Just what happened to Fii in his Jordan a few years back in Interlagos!

And plus for him that he didn't intentionally try to block faster cars in the second start but let them pass. I'd let him race again just because I'd like to see what he does next? Actually hits the safety car? Starts the race with water skiis and summons a snowstorm?

Starts to run the track backwards and hits Philly to the nose? Parks the car sideways on the pitlane? Or could he even do such a thing that he finishes the race? Maybe that's too much for him but we will see.

True. 1st F1 race & 1st time leading 1 too! Just what happened to Fii in his Jordan a few years back in Interlagos!

That was a much bigger effort from Fisi, as it was after 75% of the race, not just one lap where everyone but himself pitted.

Well done to him though, a shame he couldn't last a few corners after the restart though.

A shame he couldn't last a few corners after the restart though.

He got housed... it was funny to see the two redbulls split past him on either side..

Winkelhock's the first driver in F1 history to start the same race from the first and from the last position.

Webber, for staying ot of trouble and still being fast enough to get 3rd. Held of Kova whilst he was heavier nicely, and did enough to hold of Wurz when he struggled in the last few laps of rain.

My thoughts too. Congrats Webber! About time he was on the podium again. Great effort from DC too. Of course I have to give nando the nod too. Great racing in the wet from him. As for Kimi- the Schumi curse continues!!

This thread takes preference because i spelt the names correctly :D

I will merge both threads...

kids! dont do double threads! :o

;)

Alonso deserved it today. In the wet, he was far better than Massa, who was predictably useless in the wet. Well done Alonso. I was in a bad mood after the race because Kimi retired & Hamilton scored 0, but I admit Alonso was the best out there and deserved 10 points.

Massa being a big baby afterwards before they went out onto the podium!

Alonso definately!

I was also in an awful mood after the race, especially after Kimi did everything right up to pole the whole weekend.

My vote goes for the Safety Car......

It was awesome when he went out of Liuzzi's? way.

Great move!

My vote goes for the Safety Car......

mine for the recovery vehicle that put Lewis back on track! :P

My thoughts too. Congrats Webber! About time he was on the podium again. Great effort from DC too. Of course I have to give nando the nod too. Great racing in the wet from him. As for Kimi- the Schumi curse continues!!

:confused2: i thought it was all a myth, until yesterday! :eusa_think:

So you vote for Hamilton's dad. I have some pictures that confirm it.

AnthonyHamilton.jpg

:confused2: i thought it was all a myth, until yesterday! :eusa_think:
Nah. Kimi gots the German F1 circuit course curse! He always did terrible at the Nurburgring & Hockenheimring & I don't think it gots anything to do with Schumi but it has been a terrible weekend for Ferrari! In top of that, Schumi handing Ron Dennis the constructors trophy! It's possibly the worst thing I've ever seen in F1 :shakehead::shakehead::shakehead: !

i actually thought that guy was a bit of an idiot, driving out onto the gravel trap whilst cars were still flying off the circuit

In top of that, Schumi handing Ron Dennis the constructors trophy! It's possibly the worst thing I've ever seen in F1 :shakehead::shakehead::shakehead: !

Schuey didnt look like he enjoyed it!

Schuey didnt look like he enjoyed it!
So! He still gave his old rival for years a trophy! Guess he was really p11sed off when Alonso overtook Massa & Kimi's bad luck at German F1 circuits!

i still want to know why Ron Dennis was pointing to Schuey's head and shouting something to Alonso (on the podium)

i still want to know why Ron Dennis was pointing to Schuey's head and shouting something to Alonso (on the podium)

Someone said he told Alonso to pour some Champagne on Schumi. Seriously!

Wow! Did'nt notice that! Obviously, as I would'nt usually pay attention to F1 non-stop!

Webber, just because he didn't crash his car :D

Nah, Webber because he got on the podium in a car that is probably around the 5th best team, very good race

Fernando was EASILY driver of the day... Ferrari was the car of the day & yet the world champion "Rained" supreme!

Fernando was EASILY driver of the day... Ferrari was the car of the day & yet the world champion "Rained" supreme!

I voted Alonso too but dont forget he was only fighting Massa, who is easily the most useless of the top drivers when it comes to wet-weather driving. If Kimi hadnt retired, it all might have been very different. But we'll never know, so Alonso got my vote too

hmmmm... Alonso comes from northern Spain where it rains a lot. Hamilton comes from Britain where it also rains a lot. Massa comes from Brazil where I could imagine it rains a lot. And Kimi comes from Finland where it rains water, snow and old ladies.

So all those four drivers must have learned how to drive in the wet. But still only Alonso has shined when it's wet.. Ok Hamilton hasn't had much of that experience in F1 but..

My vote goes for Alonso

Amazing race with a thousand incidents and two great passes. Hamilton on the grass to take on Fisichella, and Fernando's pass on Felipe.

I've read most of what's been published after the race but couldn't find anything on Kimi missing the pits at the beginning of the race. Does anybody know for certain wether he really missed the entry to the pits or was ordered to not come in at the last minute because the two Ferraris were too close and one of them would've had to wait in line? I'd like to know if the team or the driver had said something about it.

I voted for Webber 'cos I watched qualifying and the race together this afternoon. He had a brilliant lap that put him in a position to make the most out of the situations and together with the team made some good decisions rather than try something crazy to try to get close to Alonso / Massa. Alonso is very close, but due to watching them back to back I can't easily forget about his mistake in qualifying.