Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Halfie

Speed On His Way Out?

It is only fair they take Tonio out if they take out Scott. However, both drivers are talented and more than deserve a place on the F1 grid. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if either will return next year.

The management there sucks, and I think Vettel will wish he never came.

Personally, I'm glad Scott's out. STR ****ed his career up, maybe forever. At least Scott can handle it well. Then again, I guess being fired would seem like nothing if just a few years ago doctors were telling you that you'd need to carry a bag around in case you start Sh#tting randomly.

How could you say "it's only fair"?

Don't you dare comparing YOUR Scott with MY Tonio! :lol:

Shall we both go get drunk somewhere? :cheers:

If this is true, all I can say is that, there is a fat chance for Vettel to throw his reputation and name into ruins if he gets stuck with STR!

Yeah it's not a team I would want to be part of.

How could you say "it's only fair"?

Don't you dare comparing YOUR Scott with MY Tonio! :lol:

Shall we both go get drunk somewhere? :cheers:

You're right. I shouldn't compare them. Scott is just so much better, all comparisions are pointless :P

No thanks...you do know what happens when people are drunk... :P

I think Tonio will have a ride next year in F1, even if just as a tester, and Scott will not.

No thanks...you do know what happens when people are drunk... :P

That's why Fernando Alonso is abstemious.

Well, I think he was at Renault but he probably started drinking this year.

http://totalf1.com/view-article.php?newsid=219897

Speed out, Liuzzi next on STR hit-list?

Wednesday 1 August at 12:06 : With Scott Speed now out of the picture, Vitantonio Liuzzi's position at Toro Rosso could be next on the to-do list of the team's disgruntled bosses.

Faenza based STR's principal Franz Tost was on Tuesday quoted by Sport Bild as reiterating that the team was, prior to the Nurburgring event two weeks ago, unhappy with both of the current '07 drivers, not just Speed.

The timing of his comments is interesting, as they coincided with the expiry late on Tuesday of a contractual 'option' on the 2008 services of multiple Champ Car title winner Sebastien Bourdais.

Former BMW test driver Sebastian Vettel has already been granted ousted Speed's c#ckpit for the remainder of 2007, and probably also for 2008.

Tost suggested that his ideal scenario would be to kick out both Speed and Liuzzi, the 25-year-old Italian.

"But that is not so simple," Austrian Tost, who was allegedly involved in a physical altercation with Speed after the Californian spun out of the European grand prix, said.

"All the desirable drivers have current contracts. So it is simply a matter of a lack of alternatives."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this is true, all I can say is that, there is a fat chance for Vettel to throw his reputation and name into ruins if he gets stuck with STR!

Just my feelings, no offence!

Liuzzi's presence in F1 is no fluke, and he has talent.

How can he be unhappy with Liuzzi when he retired because of a problem with the car, gearbox if I remember correctly?

I don't think Torro Rosso will be in F1 for much longer personally

How can he be unhappy with Liuzzi when he retired because of a problem with the car, gearbox if I remember correctly?

I don't think Torro Rosso will be in F1 for much longer personally

I think it was based on season-long performance. However, looking just at the European Grand Prix, how can he be p**sed at Scott? Lewis went off too, and just because Scott's dad doesnt own a crane...

ahh, it's hopeless. I'll be happier to see him go to Champ Car than to go to a different F1 team, sort of.

I agree, they don't deserve to stay and I don't think they will. There's a lot of talk about Red Bull dropping them in the near future, and once they go, the team's screwed. Red Bull wants an American in F1, and right now Scott's their best bet, but Franz said no (however, I'm pretty confident that John Summerton might be the next American in F1 if he can lock up some sponsorship money)

They made perfectly clear that both Liuzzi and Speed were not welcome in any way possible. b#####ds!

Liuzzi is a good driver, I am quite confident of that. I hope a better team hires him (unlikely) just to humiliate STR for letting him go.

This is even worse than Minardi! :furious:

The only reason why Liuzzi has retained his drive (atleast for now) is because he has kept quite. I hope it rains during the next race and as his bosses are watching him drive pass them, I hope there is enough dirty water on the track or in the place where they pit, I hope Liuzzi has the balls to splash some dirt on their face. Too bad, it would have been a lot better (dirtier) if it was WRC!

Paul was a better boss! STR SUCKS big time!

Their car sucks, and they blame their drivers.

Yes let us hope they soon leave. I never liked them from the start.

Let us conduct a mass prayer in the Church Of St. Lewis Hamilton! <_<

I admire Liuzzi for keeping quiet. And I admire Scott for not physically assaulting Tost back (I would've punched the Sh#t out of that b#####d).

Scott will be in Champ Car next year winning races and fighting with Doornbos, Power, and Rahal for a championship. Tonio will do something in F1, just not sure what.

ha, HA I ALWAYS SAID SPEED WAS POO

anyway

I'm sad... I was meant to be seeing Vettel at the world series next month, this was one of the highlights of my visits, knowing he's going to be a future F1 star and all but NOOOOOOOO, HE (for the 2nd year running) DOESN'T COMPLETE AN ENTIRE WORLD SERIES SEASON AND I'M SAD BECAUSE I WANTED TO SEE HIM. He's going to do nothing in the toro rosso, mainly because the car's CRAP.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

anyway

I'm sad... I was meant to be seeing Vettel at the world series next month, this was one of the highlights of my visits, knowing he's going to be a future F1 star and all but NOOOOOOOO, HE (for the 2nd year running) DOESN'T COMPLETE AN ENTIRE WORLD SERIES SEASON AND I'M SAD BECAUSE I WANTED TO SEE HIM. He's going to do nothing in the toro rosso, mainly because the car's CRAP.

That's what you get for hating Speed :mf_tongue::mf_tongue::mf_tongue::lol::lol::lol::king::king::king:

anyway

True. It's sad Sebastian will leave wsbr when he's leaving. i wanted him to have a better debut but that's life. i think he'll prove his talent anyways :)

anyway

Note the part in bold. That pretty much contradicts your earlier a##-essment of Speed as being 'Poo'. Thanks for playing.

I seriously hope Tost gets the hell out of F1 soon.

He criticises Scott Speed yet the reason for his (Tost) 'temper' was "It seemed like that was his only worry, while mine is, most of all, that the team are not put in doubt and their job not denigrated."

So it's fine for him to do exactly this to Scott Speed in the press? Hypocrite. If you're going to hit out at a driver (also literally) then you can't expect him to be a team motivator, you're just pumping your drivers full of negativity. Plus your drivers are part of the team, so to not put the team in doubt is to also not doubt your drivers (at least not publicly).

I agree. I should say that this whole STR issue is very easy to figure out. Both Speed and Liuzzi are good, talented drivers (that both outpaced Bourdais in recent tests) and would do well in any team. STRs' problems have nothing to do with the drivers and everything to do with the team itself. Lack of money keeps them small and keeps the talent-pool there a bit shallow. Blaming the drivers might be fun, but it's hardly accurate.

I'd say let's make a collect amongst TF1 members and buy STR for ourselves!

Okay. Let's. I mean, it only costs a couple 100 mil per year, which I have in my back pocket for spending money. Ya know, pizza, beer, the usual stuff.

Okay. Let's. I mean, it only costs a couple 100 mil per year, which I have in my back pocket for spending money. Ya know, pizza, beer, the usual stuff.

Darn! I was about to donate U$S 5.- my lifelong savings. It would have been enough for hiring Ide and Yoong, and still we would have some money left to spare.

Darn! I was about to donate U$S 5.- my lifelong savings. It would have been enough for hiring Ide and Yoong, and still we would have some money left to spare.

:lol: Oh, alright. We can use your $5 to buy the team and hire the drivers, and my $100mil to pay Bernie to let us win every race.

Yes, mikathegreat2, wonderful idea. But how about Scott prove to a different person and not Toasty...I'm thoroughly pleased that Scott's gone from STR.

I'd seriously contribute $2000, which is probably enough for like, 1 tire.

Tool of the Week Franz Tost Speaks

Err. Riight. Whatever you say Franz. Because you know, it is so god damn awful when your driver overtakes your other driver...I'd definitely fire Scott for being better than Tonio...I just hate drivers who are better than they're teammate...they should all get fired... :wacko: