Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Null

Yamamoto Confirmed For Rest Of Spyker Season

Even the name Yamamoto brings up bad memories. :nono1:

Even the name Yamamoto brings up bad memories. :nono1:

Errr... Why is that Pump?

Errr... Why is that Pump?

Admiral Yamamoto is the archetect for the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbour and much of the invasion of the South Pacific.

Well that's from way out of left field :o

I'm really surprised by this signing for the rest of the season. I would of thought Spyker would of went with CK especailly with their new chassis due to be released in Turkey at the end of August.

Money talks the loudest and this is what has happened here. I really do think Winkelhock deserved another ride simply as a payment for him getting the team some extra TV coverage by leading (he's earnt them some money for sure that they wouldnt otherwise have had, plus he could have quite easily dropped it in the wet with the conditions like other drivers did, so credit to him).

It was the teams decision to put him on wet's though. Winklehock even said himself, ok, he did alright not to stick it in the gravel trap but thats about the only praise you can give him.

If Spyker get a decent car it looks that they could actually be quite good, looks like they've got quite a good tactical team, neither Ferrari or McLaren or any other team though of that.

I think the achievement of not putting it in the GT was a pretty good one on the day!

yeah but he achieved that by driving very slowly!!!

With Mike Gascoyne in a senior role i'm surprised that they're doing so badly

They have no money. Which explains, at least partly, the appointment of Yamamoto San. And the Rottweiller hasn't really been there long enough to make much difference. Until they get a bigger budget they'll stay pretty much where they are. And the road car division is a bit wobbly as well, I think.

mmm, I wanted the race to carry on so winki would win and spyker would get some money. But I doubt that will ever happen. With their budget, they're going to get pushed out of F1 soon, although Spyker have done well in other motorsports. Will be interesting to see what Prodrive can do next year by comparison.

mmm, I wanted the race to carry on so winki would win and spyker would get some money. But I doubt that will ever happen. With their budget, they're going to get pushed out of F1 soon, although Spyker have done well in other motorsports. Will be interesting to see what Prodrive can do next year by comparison.

History has taught us that reputations gained in other motorsports dont seem to count for anything when that company comes to F1. Look at Toyota, Ford, Alex Zanardi, Reynard etc. If Prodrive have high ambitions they're not going to achieve them driving round old mclaren chassis! But thats a different subject.

Some people seem to be unaware that Spyker made it clear before Nurburgring that Winkelhock would only be driving for 1 race

Piquet should have taken the seat. Bad move in my opinion. Could be worse, Ide could have had his super license back.

Piquet declined that offer and said that driving a car that is not even capable of scoring points would only destroy his career, or I think he is aware about that fast driver - Sutil. If I were in Piquet's place I think I would have stuck with the same discession. Regardless of the performance of the car, I know Sutil is more experienced with that Donkey (Spyker). He would have a hard time coming to terms with Donkey after having riden a Horse (Renault), where as Sutil has a truckload experience when it comes to controling the donkey! :P

Nice photochop :clap3:

Piquet declined that offer and said that driving a car that is not even capable of scoring points would only destroy his career, or I think he is aware about that fast driver - Sutil. If I were in Piquet's place I think I would have stuck with the same discession. Regardless of the performance of the car, I know Sutil is more experienced with that Donkey (Spyker). He would have a hard time coming to terms with Donkey after having riden a Horse (Renault), where as Sutil has a truckload experience when it comes to controling the donkey! :P

Another example of NP Jr. being a little c#cky ba$tard. If everything was in place to take the drive why the hell wouldn't you. I hope he remains without a drive next year. Fisi and Heikki are doing the job just fine at Renault.

I'm sorry but NP Jr's comments just get under my skin for some reason :)

Another example of NP Jr. being a little c#cky ba$tard. If everything was in place to take the drive why the hell wouldn't you. I hope he remains without a drive next year. Fisi and Heikki are doing the job just fine at Renault.

I'm with you- there's no shortage of top drivers who started life at a back-of-the-grid team. It's far better to be in a lowly team gaining valuable experience than sitting out watching. After all, the team principals of the top teams are well aware that the Spykers are going to be at the back even with a world-class driver.

I'd much rather see Sutil get a good drive next year while NP sits out until he learns some humility.

I'm with you- there's no shortage of top drivers who started life at a back-of-the-grid team. It's far better to be in a lowly team gaining valuable experience than sitting out watching. After all, the team principals of the top teams are well aware that the Spykers are going to be at the back even with a world-class driver.

I'd much rather see Sutil get a good drive next year while NP sits out until he learns some humility.

I'm glad that we have another person in this world that believe's Nelson is a twit :clap3:

(emoticons not working so please imagine "lol")

lol.....I have heard comments (but unconfirmed) from his mouth that are a way too arrogant for a newbie like him. Comments on Fifi, coments on Heki (well, that he claimed it as a joke) and comments on Hamilton's success. But, he should have just kept quite (as I would have done in his case) about the offer, instead of boasting. Someday he would regret it I am sure.

But, on the other hand I think that his discession to remain with Renault makes a lot of sense.

1. The other driver is no Albers.

2. The other driver is very fast and has the experience in the car, which takes time for Piquet to get used to.

3. The driver is also a highly rated rookie, so is Piquet, F1 world would take no excuse for a driver being slow even after the first race. Please remember the spanking Heki had to take for his show during the first race.

4. I really doubt if they really offered him the place in first place, because Spyker needs loadsa MONEY! One talent is enough for them, for now!

He even LOOKS arrogant when he's sitting on the pitwall.

Clearly believes he's too good to be racing in a smaller team. The sad thing is, he probably will replace Fisi next year. But lets hope not

GOOD GOD LEAVE NPJR ALONE!!!! I understand what he means - if he were in the Mclaren with hamilton, I'm positive he would be doing the job JUST as well. After Nico joined williams, heikki joined renault (drivers I rate lower than NPJR) and Hamilton in McLaren, it would definatley follow that someone of NPJR's calibre would DEFINATLEY not have to spend a year struggling at the back of the grid. He deserves a good team and yes, he IS too good to be racing at the back when there are crapper drivers than him in competitive cars. In a good car, he could shake up the championship a bit. He'd definatley be doing better than fisi and heikki that's for sure.

Sutil is not talented, he's just better than the crap we called Albers. He's no future Alonso AT ALL.

He even LOOKS arrogant when he's sitting on the pitwall.

Indeed. Actually I dislike him a lot, and 80% (maybe 90% - the other ten would be some girls here who think he's cute) of brazilians hate him just like hated his father. I just can't listen all the bulls*it he talks...

About the 'I need a good car to show up', I don't agree with it for simple reasons. Surely a good car makes u able to win a championship, like Lewis has been doing, but I think (at least for me), it's better to grow up and have a stable career, than playing a JV, who becomes wdc and then vanishes (sorry, no offense at any jv fan - i actually like him - and also at lewis fans, he's talent and i don't mean he'll vanish ;) )... It's just that it's so easy the way NP says: come, get a good car, become wdc. If he's really talented, I'd rather see him proving this at a midfield team.

NPJR was the only one to talk sense about hamilton (the fact he was doing amazingly well because he was in the best car in the entire FIELD) whilst everybody else was rimming him senseless. For that, I respect him. At least the Piquet family talk a lot less Sh#t than the Lauda family.... NPJR got places because he has talent, Mattias Lauda got places because he has money - BIG difference. Of course NPJR has had the money behind him, there's no denying that - but he could have definatley got here on his own. Lauda wouldn't stand a cat in hell's chance.

He deserves a good team and yes, he IS too good to be racing at the back when there are crapper drivers than him in competitive cars.

He deserveis it why? cos he got beaten by Lewis in GP2? Alonso started in a crap car. So did Trulli, so did Fisichella, and many others.

Why does your golden boy have the right to demand either a top car or no car at all. Thats arrogance to me.

Sutil is not talented, he's just better than the crap we called Albers. He's no future Alonso AT ALL.

Hmm who shall we believe, you or all the professional F1 journalists who all rate Sutil highly? We dont know how good Sutil is cos he's been driving a pile of garbage all season, but the signs are that he's very fast. Saying he's not talented is just plain wrong, you need talent to drive F1 cars

NPJR was the only one to talk sense about hamilton (the fact he was doing amazingly well because he was in the best car in the entire FIELD) whilst everybody else was rimming him senseless. For that, I respect him.

Or maybe its just JEALOUSY. I may be wrong but wasnt Piquet in his 2nd year of GP2 and yet still got beaten by Lewis? Of course Piquet is going to trash-talk Hamilton, he's an arrogant, bitter little child who needs a slap in the face and a reality check.

By the way Alonso, the double world champion, is also driving 'the best car in the field' (i think you'll find thats actually the Ferrari), and who is doing better so far?

Saying 'he's only doing well cos he's in the best car' is a rather pathetic comment that could be used about every F1 world champion in history. Sad to see that someone in motorsport has actually lowered himself to showing how jealous he is