Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Null

Yamamoto Confirmed For Rest Of Spyker Season

He deserveis it why? cos he got beaten by Lewis in GP2? Alonso started in a crap car. So did Trulli, so did Fisichella, and many others.

Why does your golden boy have the right to demand either a top car or no car at all. Thats arrogance to me.

Hmm who shall we believe, you or all the professional F1 journalists who all rate Sutil highly? We dont know how good Sutil is cos he's been driving a pile of garbage all season, but the signs are that he's very fast. Saying he's not talented is just plain wrong, you need talent to drive F1 cars

Or maybe its just JEALOUSY. I may be wrong but wasnt Piquet in his 2nd year of GP2 and yet still got beaten by Lewis? Of course Piquet is going to trash-talk Hamilton, he's an arrogant, bitter little child who needs a slap in the face and a reality check.

By the way Alonso, the double world champion, is also driving 'the best car in the field' (i think you'll find thats actually the Ferrari), and who is doing better so far?

Saying 'he's only doing well cos he's in the best car' is a rather pathetic comment that could be used about every F1 world champion in history. Sad to see that someone in motorsport has actually lowered himself to showing how jealous he is

Ok, I don't like he whole NPJr bashing going around here :ph34r:

1) The Piquets never were able to stablish a good relationship with the F1 fans, it seems. Reading these posts os like hearing what people said about Piquet Sr. in the 80s. Mind you, the main critics were the British, who instead were defending Nigel Mansell as if he was a god among men. History proved that Piquet was the better of those two. He was also considered arrogant, as if Nigel was a humble good natured guy. :rolleyes:

2) I don't know whether he should have accepted a Spyker drive or if he did the right choice staying as a Renault test driver. Time will tell. He didn't demand a top car or no car at all. He just made his choice between both options, and both were valid for him. Saying he is arrogant because of that is projecting our own vision on the person. Much like when we see Massa ramming Alonso deliberately. I don't like Massa, but I know it was not deliberate.

3) Piquet's comments are so obvious it is ridiculous to think he is arrogant because of them We all gave our opinions here about the drivers, many of them much more derisive than Piquet's own. Are we even more arrogant than him?

4) Piquet is a great driver. Don't believe me if you don't want to. But Flavio (who uncovered Schumi's and Alonso's talents) says so, too. I think that gives the flamboyant Italian guy some credit, don't you think?

5) AGain, if Piquet made a bad choice by stcking with Renault, we will know in due time. If just for choosing what he think is best for him is considered arrogance when we think it is bad, then I guess is time for Button to get the electric chair for being the most arrgant guy in the world :P

Sutil is not talented, he's just better than the crap we called Albers. He's no future Alonso AT ALL.

Sutil is not talented? HA!

That makes Lewis... crap I guess? Considering Lewis said Sutil is better than him (And most in the paddock rate Sutil highly).

'Fraid if Sutil wasn't talented then it would have been a no brainer to go to Spyker, he could thrash him, look good and have F1 experience which could put him above any other rookie. Piquet said himself that it would be hard to beat Sutil, so clearly he disagrees with you also...

If just for choosing what he think is best for him is considered arrogance when we think it is bad, then I guess is time for Button to get the electric chair for being the most arrgant guy in the world :P

:clap3: Fair point!

Piquet isn't taking the Spyker drive because either:

a ) he thinks fisi or heikki are going to go at the end of the season, thus he'll be in a renault

or

b ) he's already signed a hush hush deal to replace one of them but it's all under wraps.

I'm just going to say I agree with Quiet one :)

NPJR was the only one to talk sense about hamilton (the fact he was doing amazingly well because he was in the best car in the entire FIELD)

He's not doing extremely well cus of his car. I dont like him either but u gotta admit that if it was cus of car, Fernando should be doing a lot better. If the car meant THAT much (sure means a LOT, but not as much as to get a non talented guy to b wdc), we should've seen a lot from Fisi in the last years (or Fisi sucks enough to ruin the best car of the grid?)... I still think he talks too much... He'd better shut up n drive ;) (again, no offense)

He's not doing extremely well cus of his car. I dont like him either but u gotta admit that if it was cus of car, Fernando should be doing a lot better. If the car meant THAT much (sure means a LOT, but not as much as to get a non talented guy to b wdc), we should've seen a lot from Fisi in the last years (or Fisi sucks enough to ruin the best car of the grid?)... I still think he talks too much... He'd better shut up n drive ;) (again, no offense)

Quite the contrary! Look, he might not be one of the "good boys". His father wasn't, either. But I'd rather have a colorful peronality like his father's

Nelson Piquet Sr. and Nigel Mansell

Just imagine what would happen nowadays if a driver did something like that!

Bring those old, grumpy, disrepectful and passionate guys back! I hate Flipper, but at least he shows some attitude, I'd rather have him around than a boring corporate drone answering questions with a stupid smile. (No, I don't mean Hamilton, before someone asks)

another example to show just how pathetic Spyker really are !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

yeah !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111@222222@@@@1#~~!!!!!1

Stop dissin' da Yammy

No, he idn't no Hammy

But he ain't a whammy

Drive fasta den ma' grammy

Not like Ide, don't go slammy

Into Albers in da first turn

(I should go to bed. Like. Right now. And not come back for a while.)

Well, nothing's perfect ;) You also disapointed me for liking Kubi hehe

He's hardly got any points in GP2, he was terrible in 2006 last year... so OBVIOUSLY he deserves to come back to F1

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/61134

Sometimes I think even I could get a drive...

Yes.

Did they ever actually have any?

No.

It's not exactly fair that the best drivers sometimes dont make it because it all depends on their sponsers

In fact it is a complete joke, and makes a mockery of the "sport".

Admiral Yamamoto is the archetect for the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbour and much of the invasion of the South Pacific.

Excellent info! Now his namesake is doing damage to our sport.

Stop dissin' da Yammy

No, he idn't no Hammy

But he ain't a whammy

Drive fasta den ma' grammy

Not like Ide, don't go slammy

Into Albers in da first turn

:clap3:

The arrival of Yammy, he

and I though still in amity,

is a total calamity -

what a jammy B!

And, the McLaren enables Lewis to do well, but he is still beating the best driver in the world (imho) in the same car. You can't take that away from him. Imho Sutil is talented, like NPJr.

He even LOOKS arrogant when he's sitting on the pitwall.

Clearly believes he's too good to be racing in a smaller team. The sad thing is, he probably will replace Fisi next year. But lets hope not

I'm not a Fisi fan but I hope to keeps his seat for next year aswell.

GOOD GOD LEAVE NPJR ALONE!!!! I understand what he means - if he were in the Mclaren with hamilton, I'm positive he would be doing the job JUST as well. After Nico joined williams, heikki joined renault (drivers I rate lower than NPJR) and Hamilton in McLaren, it would definatley follow that someone of NPJR's calibre would DEFINATLEY not have to spend a year struggling at the back of the grid. He deserves a good team and yes, he IS too good to be racing at the back when there are crapper drivers than him in competitive cars. In a good car, he could shake up the championship a bit. He'd definatley be doing better than fisi and heikki that's for sure.

Interesting opinion :eusa_think:

Sadly I don't agree. But then again I could well be wrong.

Sutil is not talented, he's just better than the crap we called Albers. He's no future Alonso AT ALL.

Many will disagree with that comment.

Indeed. Actually I dislike him a lot, and 80% (maybe 90% - the other ten would be some girls here who think he's cute) of brazilians hate him just like hated his father. I just can't listen all the bulls*it he talks...

I didn't know that even his countrymen dislike him and his father.

And I thought I was the only one that didn't like Nelson. How wrong was I!!!

Nelson and Ayrton had a bit of a tiff, and I think they sided with Ayrton. Just a guess.

Nelson publicly called Ayrton gay, among other things.

Nelson and Ayrton had a bit of a tiff, and I think they sided with Ayrton. Just a guess.

Nelson publicly called Ayrton gay, among other things.

Oh yes now I remember something about Nelson calling Ayrton gay.

No wonder the Brazilians dislike him :nono1:

Indeed. Actually I dislike him a lot, and 80% (maybe 90% - the other ten would be some girls here who think he's cute) of brazilians hate him just like hated his father. I just can't listen all the bulls*it he talks...

Why? (We here in India love our drivers no matter how crapy they get :D ) So I guess he must have done something that you guys hate!

I'm not a Fisi fan but I hope to keeps his seat for next year aswell.

Interesting opinion :eusa_think:

Sadly I don't agree. But then again I could well be wrong.

Many will disagree with that comment.

And I thought I was the only one that didn't like Nelson. How wrong was I!!!

Why? (We here in India love our drivers no matter how crapy they get :D ) So I guess he must have done something that you guys hate!

I proudly say 'He is not braziliaaaan! NPJr was born in germany!' hehe (which ruins my fave country :/)

Now seriously, most people dislike him here cus of his fathers rivalty with Ayrton. They disliked his father and now the son. And his attitude also doesn't help. They rarely even talk about him on tv. They show much more of Flipper and on upcoming stars they talk about Bruno and mention Nels.

I personally also don't support Bruno Senna, so my problem is not Nels' father. I just don't like someone, and I won't support someone just cus he has brazilian blood or whatever. I'd rather support someone I consider talented, as I did since the beggining w Senna...

I agree. I don't support someone because they are from my country, because who really gives a damn? Sure, Scott's an American, but that's coincidental. If Scott was a Brit or a Finn or an Iraqi, I'd still be a fan of his.

Actually tv has a huge influence on it. The fact Senna was on it every single day probably influenced me when I was a kid, like it may do now to lots of people *especially the ones who just watch the races, not everything* on liking Flipper. :P

It's about being mature n making yr own choice, independent of the tv 'experts'. If I would listen to everything they say here, I'd never support Nick hehe

Actually tv has a huge influence on it. The fact Senna was on it every single day probably influenced me when I was a kid, like it may do now to lots of people *especially the ones who just watch the races, not everything* on liking Flipper. :P

It's about being mature n making yr own choice, independent of the tv 'experts'. If I would listen to everything they say here, I'd never support Nick hehe

If I listened to the TV experts...err...Varsha, Hobbs, and Matchett are very un-biased, and seem to like the underdog or whoever's about to overtake. Windsor is Lewis-sexual, so I guess he'd convince me. Thank god I realize Windsor's opinion is worthless!

I don't like the things he says. That simple. When I'm about to like him a lil bit he comes and ruins it all...

Oh yes now I remember something about Nelson calling Ayrton gay.

No wonder the Brazilians dislike him :nono1:

SAO PAULO (Reuters) - Three-time Formula One champion Nelson Piquet began taking a driving education course on Monday in Brazil after having his license revoked for racking up too many traffic violations, local media reported.

Piquet, one of just three Brazilians to win the Formula One world championship, lost his license in June after receiving a slew of speeding and parking tickets. His wife, Viviane, also had her license taken away for bad driving and joined her husband in the mandatory driver awareness course.

"I think we have to pay for our mistakes," Piquet, 54, told local news agency G1. "It's not even just a speeding problem. I got tickets for all kinds of reasons, for things like parking where I shouldn't."

Piquet and his wife, whose 21-year-old son is an up-and-coming test car driver for the Renault Formula One team, will have to attend 30 hours of classes over eight days and pass an exam before regaining their licenses.

Piquet is one of the best-known race car drivers to come out of Brazil, having won the Formula One championship in 1981, 1983 and 1987.

Ho ho ho......

Nice post, Oli.

I don't like the things he says. That simple. When I'm about to like him a lil bit he comes and ruins it all...

I know what you mean Katy. I like Robert a lot, but he's young and untempered... he runs off his mouth when he shouldn't. He makes it hard to be a fan.

I still like him a lot more than Nick H., that's for sure. And AS FOR VETTEL... I was sitting right at turn 1 at the USGP and watched him drive straight into the grass.. lol... he's not so great =P

As far as I'm concerned, Kubica is #1 at BMW... everyone else needs to just 'move aside and let the man go through... let the man go through..'

:D

I proudly say 'He is not braziliaaaan! NPJr was born in germany!' hehe (which ruins my fave country :/)

Now seriously, most people dislike him here cus of his fathers rivalty with Ayrton. They disliked his father and now the son. And his attitude also doesn't help. They rarely even talk about him on tv. They show much more of Flipper and on upcoming stars they talk about Bruno and mention Nels.

I personally also don't support Bruno Senna, so my problem is not Nels' father. I just don't like someone, and I won't support someone just cus he has brazilian blood or whatever. I'd rather support someone I consider talented, as I did since the beggining w Senna...

NPJr! Ouch! :P

But, I admit that I support NK(for being an Indian) and I like Sato because they came to F1 against all the odds.

But then again, I support Kimi and Hami more than other drivers because of the fact that they came from difficult backgrounds compared to many other drivers on the grid. And they even have the ability to shut up and drive when compared to their respective team mates! :D

Coincidentally, the 2 best personalities in F1 (Button & Coulthard) happen to be British, which is great!

I like to see Lewis doing well but Button is still my main man.

People may think I'm biased but until JPM left he was always my 2nd fave driver, I still miss him