Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Giorgio

Traction Control

Do I have to? I don't want tc in F1, that's my opinion.

Yes I have read it.

Do you think if I changed my display name to Raimnaster and copied your avatar, location, personal photo, profile information, and signature, that people would believe I'm you?

Do you think if I changed my display name to Raimnaster and copied your avatar, location, personal photo, profile information, and signature, that people would believe I'm you?

No, you'd still have a small penis. Anyway don't worry, it's only natural that you want to be like me.

No, you'd still have a small penis. Anyway don't worry, it's only natural that you want to be like me.

:lol: No. I just want to make you say embarrassing things and have people think it's really you.

:lol: Indeed. Like the time when I was 10 and my grandfather sent me girl's clothes and my sister boy's clothes and my brother nothing...and it's not like he just mislabeled them, the girl's clothes were too small for my sister, and the boy's clothes were too big for me...

I think he got your measure early on :)

:lol: No. I just want to make you say embarrassing things and have people think it's really you.

I know you do, but I would have to return the favour :P .

Yes, you could get away with it for sometime...

ykick did that too Ben once, and then almost all senior members changed themselves to avatars of ykick(also know in history books as ykick virus)

I know you do, but I would have to return the favour :P .

:lol: But everyone would notice. Eric is too short of a name to switch letters. Most people see the "nm" in your name as 3 breasts, and "mn" is the same thing...no switching of Eric would work.

Yes, you could get away with it for sometime...

ykick did that too Ben once, and then almost all senior members changed themselves to avatars of ykick(also know in history books as ykick virus)

Yeah, I remember it. I wasn't a registered sex offender member. But I saw it.

>

^ If drivers were to chose between slick tires (1992) and smooth engines (2000) on one hand and TC on the other I think nobody would chose TC.

Dr. Theissen said the tire switch is more important than the loss of TC, while Sam Michael I belive (some Williams guy) said the loss of EBS/rear ABS is more important that the loss of TC.

Renault on their site there a less effective mechanical way (developed post active ride ban) to do an EBS system witch acording to them will probably return.

Dr. Theissen spoke on one ocassion about the role of aerodynamics in stability and under front brake lock scenario.

Downright laughable was that Renault post LC ban, came with a legal version of an LC system.

So now the catch 22 of the spec ECU.

Who's gonna have the best success cirmuveing the spec ECU with some hidden electronical, mechanical/hydraulic and/or aero

"nannies" ?!

:wub:

TC is for babies. Except when driving above 3 mph in dry conditions, 1 mph in the rain, and 0.6 mph in the snow :)

Just kidding. TC sucks, I say down with it.

Then why did Michael Andretti, a real CART guy, crashed so much with TC on his McLaren ?!

Then why did Michael Andretti, a real CART guy, crashed so much with TC on his McLaren ?!

Michael Andretti crashed without TC in CART, too. His driving style was pretty aggressive.

I've a better idea: eat it.

See, in America, there's a holiday called Thanksgiving. In which we say everything we're thankful for, and then eat 43 million turkeys until everyone in America who isn't already obese (all 3 of us) is obese. And then we all get so drunk until we can't remember how obese everyone is.

So I propose Hatesgiving. We say what we all hate, and then eat what we hate, like TC. And then we get so drunk so we forget we ate our 800-lb mother-in-law.

Funny because Indy, ALMS actually have some form of TC.

NHRA also had problems/cheat allegations with it ?!

Why is it that just F1 get's the bad rep.

Funny because Indy, ALMS actually have some form of TC.

NHRA also had problems/cheat allegations with it ?!

Why is it that just F1 get's the bad rep.

Cuz F1's boring?

Cuz F1's boring?

WAH WAH F1 ISN'T BORING YOUR FACE IS BORING SO WHY DON'T YOU GO AWAY YOU BIG GIRL.

Traction sucks no matter which series your talking about.

>

^ F1 hasn't becomed boring due to TC. And it's not a big girl league regardless of what some may think.

Unless you done an overtaking at 320+ Km/h while pulling 6Gs of lateral acceleration don't come and tell me its easy.

The crucial mistakes witch have made F1 boring:

- 1993, move from 18 inch (rear) tires to 15 inch (rear)

- 1994 ban on active suspensions

- 1995 moving the front wing up (less ground effects), the rear wing down (no clean air unless via winglets)

- 1998 narrowtrack + grooves 14 inch (rear)

- 2001 to 2005 lifting the front wing lifted even higher + modifications to the difusser.

- switch from unrestricted V10s (2005) to restricted V8s (2007) = shorther braking distances + no final "kick" on the straights + less possibilities for driver errors

The loss of mechanical grip, reduction of ground effects, the (resulting) unclean aerodynamics and disregard/abandonement for/of the the old priciple of "give the engine more power than the chassis can take" as a result of these rules is what made F1 boring.

TC is virtually irrelevant it this.

And the irony is that many of these stupid mistakes were done to make F1 more exciting (grooves) and please some really stupid fans (ban of active suspensions).

Well, I've made as many 320 km/h+ overtakes pulling 6 Gs as most of the drivers on the grid: none.

Did DOF just joke? :P Keep it up man! And you know where F1 went wrong really, but I won't hijack the thread.

PS I do agree with you that TC won't make so much difference either way.

Did DOF just joke? :P Keep it up man! And you know where F1 went wrong really, but I won't hijack the thread.

PS I do agree with you that TC won't make so much difference either way.

Acording to the articles I've read, the loss of EBS due the standard ECU is more important that the loss of TC. While Dr. Theissen said the tire changes are more important than the loss TC.

Either ways the big issues aren't adressed at all this. I don't know if it's not a PR stunt to make Max and Co. look good.

Well I think "PR stunt" would be a little harsh but yeah I imagine the main reason is because the fans want it banned. You and I agree on one thing: the fans know nothing about the technical aspects of F1.