Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KoolMonkey

Lifelong Mclaren Fan Totally Fed Up.

I've stuck with this team through thick and thin. I always stuck up for Ron and came to terms with them as a team letting Kimi down in 2005. Now I can't stand to see a picture of Ron or hear about LH. Ron's behavior on the podium was arrogant. It may have been totally innocent and he was simply making a few jokes, but it didn't come across that way. Then we have the spy scandal and McLaren come out scott free. They are leading both the drivers and constructors championships. You'd think I'd be happy as larry that my team is doing so well. I'm not. I'm done with McLaren until such a time as Ron and Co. show some humility. Part of my distaste for McLaren also stems from the Lewis Hamilton 24/7 he's is clearly the second coming coverage from ITV. It's nauseating to see LH's father being interviewed for yet another time.

Apart from Kimi, there are a few other drivers I still love to watch racing, but as teams go, I'm teamless.

McLarens cold corporate image claims yet another fan.

Didn't Ron Dennis say in the off season that he was planning McLaren to become a little less corporate and a little more fun, with the arrivial of Fernando at McLaren? Hasn't seemed to happen has it???

McLarens cold corporate image claims yet another fan.

Didn't Ron Dennis say in the off season that he was planning McLaren to become a little less corporate and a little more fun, with the arrivial of Fernando at McLaren? Hasn't seemed to happen has it???

Funnily enough, a team that always seem to have found an equilibrium between corporate and fun is Renault...

Now you know which team you SHOULD support! ;)

I've stuck with this team through thick and thin. I always stuck up for Ron and came to terms with them as a team letting Kimi down in 2005. Now I can't stand to see a picture of Ron or hear about LH. Ron's behavior on the podium was arrogant. It may have been totally innocent and he was simply making a few jokes, but it didn't come across that way. Then we have the spy scandal and McLaren come out scott free. They are leading both the drivers and constructors championships. You'd think I'd be happy as larry that my team is doing so well. I'm not. I'm done with McLaren until such a time as Ron and Co. show some humility. Part of my distaste for McLaren also stems from the Lewis Hamilton 24/7 he's is clearly the second coming coverage from ITV. It's nauseating to see LH's father being interviewed for yet another time.

Apart from Kimi, there are a few other drivers I still love to watch racing, but as teams go, I'm teamless.

Sorry but those are really, really lame reasons to stop supporting a team. I shall deal with the issues seperately:

1) The podium. Please explain what u mean by Ron's arrogance. We saw him pointing at Schuey, telling Alonso to spray him with bubbly. Most of us thought that was quite amusing, & shows Ron is a human! As a lifelong mclaren fan I would've thought you'd find it funny too?

2) The spy scandal. It looks as if Mclaren were completely unaware that Coughlan had the documents at his house. As soon as Ron found out, Coughlan was suspended. Mclaren has never been done for cheating, so why lay the blame at Ron and his team?

3) Hamilton. Your anger is at ITV and the media, not at mclaren, so what are you on about?

If you really were a mclaren fan, you wouldnt be making these comments I dont think. I'm still a fan! Rons a legend.

As for Hamilton, he's doing an amazing job and why the hell should media hype/coverage cause you to dislike someone just cos they're getting too much attention. Thats not Hami's fault is it?

I've never supported a team as such - I tend to follow the drivers rather than the team. I loved Ferrari whilst Schumi was there, but now despise them with a vengeance now that they are up against my main man Lewis and McLaren.

I agree the ITV coverage is OTT, but Lewis is keeping my interest in F1 strong.

I've never supported a team as such - I tend to follow the drivers rather than the team. I loved Ferrari whilst Schumi was there, but now despise them with a vengeance now that they are up against my main man Lewis and McLaren.

I agree the ITV coverage is OTT, but Lewis is keeping my interest in F1 strong.

:clap3: Indeed, on all counts!

Sorry but those are really, really lame reasons to stop supporting a team. I shall deal with the issues seperately:

1) The podium. Please explain what u mean by Ron's arrogance. We saw him pointing at Schuey, telling Alonso to spray him with bubbly. Most of us thought that was quite amusing, & shows Ron is a human! As a lifelong mclaren fan I would've thought you'd find it funny too?

2) The spy scandal. It looks as if Mclaren were completely unaware that Coughlan had the documents at his house. As soon as Ron found out, Coughlan was suspended. Mclaren has never been done for cheating, so why lay the blame at Ron and his team?

3) Hamilton. Your anger is at ITV and the media, not at mclaren, so what are you on about?

If you really were a mclaren fan, you wouldnt be making these comments I dont think. I'm still a fan! Rons a legend.

As for Hamilton, he's doing an amazing job and why the hell should media hype/coverage cause you to dislike someone just cos they're getting too much attention. Thats not Hami's fault is it?

Amen.

Yup amen to that, the ITV coverage is becoming tiresome for myself as well, also a lifelong McLaren fan. But its the ITV coverage who don't even really focus on the fact he is in a McLaren, more the fact he's a British driver.

Just picture the ITV commentray crew nekkid every time they speak, or make up your own words.

Funnily enough, a team that always seem to have found an equilibrium between corporate and fun is Renault...

Now you know which team you SHOULD support! ;)

True.But this year's renault is by no means the team we knew the previous years...i don't support teams any more,except for bmw(a little bit)!I really can't imagine myself being a mclaren fan,no matter how much i support fernando...My favourite team was renault 2006.They rocked!!!!!the combination Fernando-flavio was unbeatable...

True.But this year's renault is by no means the team we knew the previous years...i don't support teams any more,except for bmw(a little bit)!I really can't imagine myself being a mclaren fan,no matter how much i support fernando...My favourite team was renault 2006.They rocked!!!!!the combination Fernando-flavio was unbeatable...

There are pills you can take, but only if you catch it early enough! :lol:

3 very good points jem! I agree!

I also enjoy Kimi's constant errors and breaking of cars :lol:

There wasn't much "chemistry" in last year's Renault pit but yes, they could leave differences aside and work towards an unforgettable season.

[Pro Renault Bias]

Renault still is what it was on previous years, it's just the way F1 goes...one year you are at the top, the next one you are at the bottom. Ferrari broke the rule with their

I am a US fan of F1 and live in Indianapolis. I have faithfully attended all the GP's here in Indy and have developed a love of the sport. The amount of talent that F1 drivers have compared to any other racing in amazing. It truely is the pinnacle of motor sport.

I feel today like I was hit in the gut by the FIA amazing justification for no sanction. I have admired Ron Dennis as an owner and loved watching Mika and Schumey have at it on the track. But to have in your possession the plans for your main rivals car is not just unethical, it is in complete breach of the sporting rules. There is a great article by Thomas O'Keefe in Autosport from July 25th that explains the statement that the team signs before the season. It says:

"We confirm that we have read and understand the provisions of the International Sporting Code, the 1998 Concorde Agreement (including its Schedules), the 2007 Formula One Technical Regulations and the 2007 Formula One Sporting Regulations. We agree to be bound by them [...] and further we agree on our own behalf and on behalf of everyone associated with our participation in the 2007 FIA Formula One World Championship to observe them."

Rod Dennis agreed that he is the leader of the McLaren team and that all of the organization would follow the rules. They did not. Ron ran away from his agreement and the FIA helped him. Even more, the FIA has now endorsed any cheating that you can think of as long as you claim to not use it on your car.

My personal opinion of F1 has now been destroyed. The FIA has proven their complete lack of judgement. I will not be able to watch a race without this sick feeling in my stomach. I have no faith that the results that I see on Sunday are authentic. It will be some time before I can follow F1 again. I am truely a sad F1 fan.

There are pills you can take, but only if you catch it early enough! :lol:

why?don't you remember their reactions every time fernando won?Those vivid team radio conversations...bravo fernando,fantastico!-flavio/Well done fernando,good job-ron dennis...And also their celebrations after wins...ron only gives him a hug(every now and then)he is always so cold and impersonal!That really gets on my nerves...i prefer more demonstrative people!

why?don't you remember their reactions every time fernando won?Those vivid team radio conversations...bravo fernando,fantastico!-flavio/Well done fernando,good job-ron dennis...And also their celebrations after wins...ron only gives him a hug(every now and then)he is always so cold and impersonal!That really gets on my nerves...i prefer more demonstrative people!

But it's 'Mr Sweaty Armpits and I am trying to rival Don King with my hair' Flavio! I'm sorry Angie, but no, just no! :lol:

But it's 'Mr Sweaty Armpits and I am trying to rival Don Kin with my hair' Flavio! I'm sorry Angie, but no, just no! :lol:

you may be right but what i'm trying to say is that i liked the fact that they didn't have only a strictly professional relationship.and it is quite logical as fernando was first linked with flavio when he was 20!As fernando says "he grew up together with this team",so it was inevitable that there would be a bond between fernando and renault!

you may be right but what i'm trying to say is that i liked the fact that they didn't have only a strictly professional relationship.and it is quite logical as fernando was first linked with flavio when he was 20!As fernando says "he grew up together with this team",so it was inevitable that there would be a bond between fernando and renault!

Oh don't mind me, Angie, I'm just pulling your leg! :lol:

I have always been neutral on McLaren ... but your points are "Spot on" Jem!

Oh don't mind me, Angie, I'm just pulling your leg! :lol:

look,it's not bad if you disagree with me!I always(well...almost always!) like it when others don't agree with me!It's more fun! :P

look,it's not bad if you disagree with me!I always(well...almost always!) like it when others don't agree with me!It's more fun! :P

No it isn't :P

No it isn't :P

I think it's boring when everybody agrees with you!Just think that you share the same ideas with EVERYBODY!I always try to break the mould!However, if the person who disagrees with you is quite annoying then it becomes difficult...I wantpeople to disagree or even turn down my ideas,as long as they have good arguments to support their opinion!

I think it's boring when everybody agrees with you!Just think that you share the same ideas with EVERYBODY!I always try to break the mould!However, if the person who disagrees with you is quite annoying then it becomes difficult...I wantpeople to disagree or even turn down my ideas,as long as they have good arguments to support their opinion!

No you don't :coolio:

I agree with all of the above except for the second one. How do we know that McLaren was unaware of Couglan's possession? McLaren claims that they were unaware. No one will admit that they cheated if they know that there's a chance that they might get away with it.

Also Ron suspended Couglan after it was exposed to the media.

I'm not saying that what I'm saying are correct, just stating the possibilities.