Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jem of the Shire

Damon Hill Is Itv Commentator This Weekend!

Good news, we might finally get some decent commentry this weekend.

Damn, just remembered I'm away this weekend

Good news, we might finally get some decent commentry this weekend.

Damn, just remembered I'm away this weekend

dont miss the race, no F1 fan should miss any race, I havent missed a race since Luxembourg 1998!

I have to miss the race, too. Which means no David Hobbs until Turkey.

Has Hill done the commentary before?

Awesome! I'm looking forward to it. I doubt he'll be as good as Martin, but still a change is as good as a holiday as they say.

you may have "some" complaints about itv but you are lucky to have such opportunities...

in greece we have 2 comentators-the one supports raikkonen and the other one massa!it's so horrible for the alonso fans! :( The words "alonso,fernando" are mentioned only 3 to 5 times...I wish i could watch the race from telecinco-the spanish-it is really the paradise for every alonso fan.

I have to miss the race, too. Which means no David Hobbs until Turkey.

Has Hill done the commentary before?

No he hasnt. I hope he's not a bore, but i'm happy to have his insights as he's a former champ & my childhood hero!

you may have "some" complaints about itv but you are lucky to have such opportunities...

in greece we have 2 comentators-the one supports raikkonen and the other one massa!it's so horrible for the alonso fans! :( The words "alonso,fernando" are mentioned only 3 to 5 times...I wish i could watch the race from telecinco-the spanish-it is really the paradise for every alonso fan.

I like SPEED TV because they aren't biased, they don't take it seriously, and are just fun to listen to.

If you want to watch the F1 broadcast on a different channel besides the Greek one, PM me, I have a solution that you may or may not like.

I've always thought Jacques Villeneuve would be a good commentator, but just for 1 race. Tell us what he really feels. I'd find it kind of funny.

Ehm... you do realise that probably those guys made me hate Fernando a great deal, don't you? When they started they didn't know anything, they only talked about Fernando even when he did nothing, plus they made a lot of mistakes. If we'd had F1 broadcast here before Alonso started there, it would have been a lot better!

(I remember at the end of the race at Silverstone I switched to Telecinco while Massa was fighting with Kubica, and guess what I heard? "Such a pity, that Alonso, as superior as he has been today..." Superior to whom? Maybe the Spykers...)

Ehm... you do realise that probably those guys made me hate Fernando a great deal, don't you? When they started they didn't know anything, they only talked about Fernando even when he did nothing, plus they made a lot of mistakes. If we'd had F1 broadcast here before Alonso started there, it would have been a lot better!

(I remember at the end of the race at Silverstone I switched to Telecinco while Massa was fighting with Kubica, and guess what I heard? "Such a pity, that Alonso, as superior as he has been today..." Superior to whom? Maybe the Spykers...)

I agree, I've never heard the Spanish commentators, but biased commentary is really awful, regardless of if you support the driver who they support.

:lol: Yeah I can imagine Freaky! :P It's the same here. No one who knows anything wants to here Lewis this Lewis that all the damn time. Sometimes I don't bother with the race build-up and analysis because it's almost pointless.

:lol: Yeah I can imagine Freaky! :P It's the same here. No one who knows anything wants to here Lewis this Lewis that all the damn time. Sometimes I don't bother with the race build-up and analysis because it's almost pointless.

The pre-race with Peter Windsor gets so god damn annoying here. He always just stands by Lewis's car and talks about Lewis even though Lewis will never give an interview on the grid...so I sleep an extra 30 minutes instead.

I enjoy when Matchett yells "Come on son! PUSH! PUSH! PUSH!" even if it is kind of cheering, but I see it more cheering for the good of the sport and promoting overtaking because he does it for everyone and not just one guy.

The pre-race with Peter Windsor gets so god damn annoying here. He always just stands by Lewis's car and talks about Lewis even though Lewis will never give an interview on the grid...so I sleep an extra 30 minutes instead.

Thank Lewis for caring for your health and nice sleep :P

I enjoy when Matchett yells "Come on son! PUSH! PUSH! PUSH!" even if it is kind of cheering, but I see it more cheering for the good of the sport and promoting overtaking because he does it for everyone and not just one guy.

Heheh.. well those people just can't say interesting/new things all the time, it's too much to ask, so some cheering must be good^^

Yeah exactly! That's fine. But when you miss interesting coverage/info due to bias it's really so annoying.

Also we have Mark Blundell doing the analysis. He has a funny way of talking that always makes me laugh. Problem is, he just repeats what's just been said. So our race build up will go something like this:

Steve Ryder (non-expert anchor): So Lewis will really have his work cut out from the back of the grid today, we should see his real character here.

Mark Blundell: His work will be cut out Steve but, you know, [long pause] he's in a McLaren so the back of the grid isn't nutin' what would worry Lewis.

SR: Yes he really is something special. I wonder if we'll see some of the fantastic overtaking we loved in his GP2 season?

MB: You know sumin' Steve? I've been watchin' the boy walkin' around this mornin' and, to be fair to him, I fink he really is somethin' a bit special. In GP2 we was treated to some mega overtakin' situations and it's a pity he's not there any more. But he's 'ere now and we can entertain what he can do 'ere. Startin' from the back, I predict he'll move forward off his startin' grid, unless he has some performance issues, what we'll 'ear about later.

SR: We should see him really pushing all race long. We know he's very fit but will that be a challenge for him in his first season?

MB: Ah you know Steve, [cue knowing look to SR] I fink he's very fit. Fitter than me anyway. I don't fink it'll be an issue but, you know, he is a rookie and it's his first season and he hasn't raced so much yet so we doesn't know for sure.

SR: Yes and we must just mention there are 21 other drivers on the grid. What do you think we should look out for in the rest of the pack?

MB: You know Steve, [long pause and knowing look again] there are 21 other drivers out there and they'll all be lookin' to do the optimum issues what they can wiv what they've got, today. But to be fair to him, Steve, Lewis shouldn't worry about 'em. His focus needs to be 243% on his race and what he's got under 'imself today. He won't want any issues or situations what he doesn't like today, and if that goes to plan I fink he'll be happy wiv what 'appens.

Planet F1 found some good quotes. They're almost as good as Murray's.

Thank Lewis for caring for your health and nice sleep :P

Heheh.. well those people just can't say interesting/new things all the time, it's too much to ask, so some cheering must be good^^

:lol::lol: That's so nice of Lewis! The cheering's great to hear just because it shows Matchett's passion for the sport.

Yeah exactly! That's fine. But when you miss interesting coverage/info due to bias it's really so annoying.

Also we have Mark Blundell doing the analysis. He has a funny way of talking that always makes me laugh. Problem is, he just repeats what's just been said. So our race build up will go something like this:

Steve Ryder (non-expert anchor): So Lewis will really have his work cut out from the back of the grid today, we should see his real character here.

Mark Blundell: His work will be cut out Steve but, you know, [long pause] he's in a McLaren so the back of the grid isn't nutin' what would worry Lewis.

SR: Yes he really is something special. I wonder if we'll see some of the fantastic overtaking we loved in his GP2 season?

MB: You know sumin' Steve? I've been watchin' the boy walkin' around this mornin' and, to be fair to him, I fink he really is somethin' a bit special. In GP2 we was treated to some mega overtakin' situations and it's a pity he's not there any more. But he's 'ere now and we can entertain what he can do 'ere. Startin' from the back, I predict he'll move forward off his startin' grid, unless he has some performance issues, what we'll 'ear about later.

SR: We should see him really pushing all race long. We know he's very fit but will that be a challenge for him in his first season?

MB: Ah you know Steve, [cue knowing look to SR] I fink he's very fit. Fitter than me anyway. I don't fink it'll be an issue but, you know, he is a rookie and it's his first season and he hasn't raced so much yet so we doesn't know for sure.

SR: Yes and we must just mention there are 21 other drivers on the grid. What do you think we should look out for in the rest of the pack?

MB: You know Steve, [long pause and knowing look again] there are 21 other drivers out there and they'll all be lookin' to do the optimum issues what they can wiv what they've got, today. But to be fair to him, Steve, Lewis shouldn't worry about 'em. His focus needs to be 243% on his race and what he's got under 'imself today. He won't want any issues or situations what he doesn't like today, and if that goes to plan I fink he'll be happy wiv what 'appens.

Planet F1 found some good quotes. They're almost as good as Murray's.

:lol: Great article. Very insightful, for sure, as it did really all start off at the start.

It's bound to be a Lewis love fest then... I'm surprised they didn't ask Anthony Hamilton!

ok!you are right! :lol::lol::lol: but i would prefer to listen about fernando all the time instead of never hearing about him!

P.S:But all the alonso fans who undrerstand spanish must thank Lobato,because he has a good relationship with nando so they have done really great interviews!and fernando always speaks honestly and discusses even personal things during them!

Of the guest commentators I have heard since watching F1 I'd say I most enjoyed Buttons commentary.

I like what the V8 guys do, when a driver is out of the race for whatever reason they quite often go to the commentary box for a while. Always insightful.

I have to agree, Button didn't talk too much (a la Allen) and when he did he had something useful to input from his perspective e.g. Rubens (his soon to be team mate) was 'clearly' speeding in the pit lane. I have the race on tape and may watch it after Hill's attempt for comparison.

Another guest commentator for the Hungarian GP! Davidson was the commentator for it last season in his ol' Honda test driving days in what was a historic moment for JB fans!

Well, Jem, I'm sure Damon will be just as talented and gripping a commentator as he was an F1 driver. Pretty good...I typed that with a straight face....

Hmm....I wonder if Speedtv will try to hire Scott Speed.....apropos.

:lol: Duuuuudeeee, liiikeee, wooooahhhh maaaan, that was, like, a totally, like, gnarly, like, kablammoooo maaaaaan.

(Scott will race Road America CCWS for Minardi in place of the suspended Dan Clarke...I'd bet money on it)