Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

David Adams

Mclaren Hits Back

:lol: These analogies (above in this thread) are making me laugh so hard here! Everyone has one. All very similar yet just a little different! Here's mine:

The McLaren spy scandal is just like when you secretly video-tape a girl on the toilet. Whether you have "used" said material in any way will not count for much when she catches you with the forbidden goods.

:lol: These analogies (above in this thread) are making me laugh so hard here! Everyone has one. All very similar yet just a little different! Here's mine:

The McLaren spy scandal is just like when you secretly video-tape a girl on the toilet. Whether you have "used" said material in any way will not count for much when she catches you with the forbidden goods.

:lolroll: Yours is the best one!

:lol::lol::lol:

For me, it's like when my parents found the box of condoms hidden in my closet when I was 16. The box wasn't opened yet, proving I hadn't used one, but I still got in big trouble. Which really proved my stupidity. I should've hid them in my car.

:lol::lol::lol:

For me, it's like when my parents found the box of condoms hidden in my closet when I was 16. The box wasn't opened yet, proving I hadn't used one, but I still got in big trouble. Which really proved my stupidity. I should've hid them in my car.

for the cops to find out a guy roaming the town in a car with no licence but loadsa condoms??? :P I rather get caught by parents! :P

for the cops to find out a guy roaming the town in a car with no licence but loadsa condoms??? :P I rather get caught by parents! :P

:lol::lol: I had a liscense when I was 16 and 1/2.

:blink:

Yep. The joys of being an American.

Yeah he's allowed a car but not "protection". :lol:

:lol::lol:

I don't see what was so different. I mean, I bought the car with my own money and was allowed to keep it, so I don't see why condoms I bought with my own money I wasn't allowed to keep... :P

Man, I was a pretty different kid...I was really "out there" :lol:

lol :-)

Maybe the FIA does need to just tell both sides to "stfu" as someone above put it - we've heard all we need and now its time for the main theme, racing :-)

Go hungarian GP with your zero overtaking precession :D

This whole whistle blower analogy that Ron gave is a crock. Whistle blowers don't go to their main competitor, they go to the authorities. Coughlan was not fired or put on gardening leave or whatever it is he's in right now until after this whole spy scandal was exposed. Yet others at McLaren knew about it beforehand. Thus if they truly had integrity as Ron likes to harp on about, they would have fired Coughlan when he started telling people about the information he had, and not simply told him to destroy it. Also, Coughlan asking for a firewall to be installed so that he would not get anymore emails from Stepney was a ruse. We all know of the deceptions that often occurs in relationships. The big one being someone cheating on their significant other. Often, the cheater will not keep it a secret they are in contact with the person they are cheating with. But they will claim it's business or something like that. So they will draw attention to it, so as to try and remove any suspicion. That's the first thought that popped into my head when I read about the firewall thing. Right after that Coughlan travels to Spain and meets with Stepney so he can in his words, tell him to stop sending him emails. Riiiiiiight.

Yep. The joys of being an American.

:lol::lol:

Heh!

Security of being an Indian! :P

Does remind me of my friend who brought a helmet two years before he actully started riding bikes! :lol:

This whole whistle blower analogy that Ron gave is a crock. Whistle blowers don't go to their main competitor, they go to the authorities. Coughlan was not fired or put on gardening leave or whatever it is he's in right now until after this whole spy scandal was exposed. Yet others at McLaren knew about it beforehand. Thus if they truly had integrity as Ron likes to harp on about, they would have fired Coughlan when he started telling people about the information he had, and not simply told him to destroy it. Also, Coughlan asking for a firewall to be installed so that he would not get anymore emails from Stepney was a ruse. We all know of the deceptions that often occurs in relationships. The big one being someone cheating on their significant other. Often, the cheater will not keep it a secret they are in contact with the person they are cheating with. But they will claim it's business or something like that. So they will draw attention to it, so as to try and remove any suspicion. That's the first thought that popped into my head when I read about the firewall thing. Right after that Coughlan travels to Spain and meets with Stepney so he can in his words, tell him to stop sending him emails. Riiiiiiight.

Exactly what I thought after reading that letter, just better explained. I think if McLaren knew of Coughlan and Stepney being in contact they'd start suspecting Coughlan the moment Stepney was fired.

Exactly what I thought after reading that letter, just better explained. I think if McLaren knew of Coughlan and Stepney being in contact they'd start suspecting Coughlan the moment Stepney was fired.

Indeed............................

I think the letter shows the Ron knew of everything from the git-go.................

Indeed............................

I think the letter shows the Ron knew of everything from the git-go.................

I disagree....but we've had this discussion before....