Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eric

What Made You An F1 Fan?

This has probably been done before (I start a lot of topics with that phrase), but what was the first thing you saw in F1 that made you an F1 fan?

For me, I was a NASCAR fan, but was getting fed up, so I decided to look elsewhere for motorsports. I tried IndyCar, Champ Car, and F1. My first taste of F1 was Bahrain 2006 and I was hooked ever since. Nico Rosberg's amazing drive, Alonso barely getting ahead of Schumi after the pit stop, etc.

So, what got you into F1?

It was a tall blonde grid girl at the 1994 Suzuka GP. I was 12 at the time and had no idea you could objectify women so shamelessly until then. It was a pivotal moment in my life.

It was a tall blonde grid girl at the 1994 Suzuka GP. I was 12 at the time and had no idea you could objectify women so shamelessly until then. It was a pivotal moment in my life.

:lol::lol:

Who knew...F1 can serve as sex ed class, too.

I have no idea what exactly got me into it, but at the time I worked construction, and all of my coworkers were pretty serious rednecks who were really into either NASCAR or drag racing. I couldn't get into the ovals, and since I loved driving my car fast on the twisties, I was more interested in road racing.

Somehow I found F1 on TV, and started taping it. This was right when Senna joined McLaren, so this was a great time to get into the sport.

I dunno. My mother was a Senna fan cus they share bday, so when I was like 3 I already used to watch w her on sundays hehe Not understanding much, but I grew up watching it.

Stopped at 94, when he died and I would've given up on it, but on 2002 I watched Nick's crash in A1 and he looked so worried about the accident that I decided to watch that race until end. And didn't stop until now! :)

Yeah, I'm not exactly sure why I decided to give F1 a try. There really wasn't any reason, I guess I was just gunna try everything and tried F1 first because the season started before all the CCWS and IndyCar's.

Almost everyone I knew was a Ferrari fan (back in 1995) and I wanted to wind them up... so hey being a Williams fan seemed like a brilliant idea. The moment I was a 'true' F1 fan was on my 8th birthday. We had lots of cars on a figure of 8 racing track cake, blue, red, orange, green etc. Mysteriously the red car was last and missing it's rear tyres. :ph34r:

The first F1 moment I remember is when Hill took the title and I began to celebrate loudly before being sent to my room. :naughty:

Now I can say I know you better :lol:

Ever since I was little I remember keeping my father company watching the races (From 1995 forward), and I guess he got me into it. He was a Michael fan so I grew up being one too, but sometime in 2003-2004 I started to like Kimi. That's why Michael's retirement didn't hurt me as much as him :lol: I prefer motorsports over other sports so I guess it was easy for me to like it.

:lol: No no I was only joking. Don't mind me!

(I already knew perfectly well how to objectify women.)

:lol: No no I was only joking. Don't mind me!

(I already knew perfectly well how to objectify women.)

:lol::lol:

This has probably been done before (I start a lot of topics with that phrase), but what was the first thing you saw in F1 that made you an F1 fan?

For me, I was a NASCAR fan, but was getting fed up, so I decided to look elsewhere for motorsports. I tried IndyCar, Champ Car, and F1. My first taste of F1 was Bahrain 2006 and I was hooked ever since. Nico Rosberg's amazing drive, Alonso barely getting ahead of Schumi after the pit stop, etc.

So, what got you into F1?

what a coincidence!i was hooked on formula 1 after Bahrain 2006,too! :clap3: (as you see my interest was boosted due to fernando's miracles...)i hardly watched any races in 2003,2004(i was schumacher back then....! :blush: )but in 2005 i learned what fernando alonso meant...!)my brother was watching f1 and there was this interview http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laEVPzy6KDI and i liked nando from the first time i saw him...this shy image made him really cute and generally i liked him without a specific reason!anyway... i started watching some races but not so intensively.then out of the blue, in 2006 i was watching f1 as if i was crazy...!it's a mystery...But my 1st f1 moment was when i was around 5...a monaco gp!i still have some memories!

What made me a fan...one name.....Mika

For some weird strange reason I got into a fight with former work colleages about who the best F1 driver was in season 1999 onwards, I did'nt know alot about F1 back then (I watched a few races during the nineties) but that incident triggered me to follow F1 closely....and what a beatiful relationship it has been....

Keke Rosberg was the guy who pulled me into F1, 1979 when Keke replaced James Hunt i think was the year when my father bought me a Keke t-shirt and since then i

I almost think Greg Moore's death made me watch F1. I watched a lot of CART (now Champ Car) in the 90s along with NASCAR (which was my main form of motorsport), but after Greg Moore died in a crash at Fontana (in CART), I stopped watching and devoted all my attention to NASCAR. Had Moore lived, I would've probably stuck with watching both, but then when my interest was lost in NASCAR, I probably would've went to Champ Car without even thinking about F1 and Indy. Of course, now I balance F1, CCWS, and IRL.

My Dad introduced it to me a few years back, but I starteed watching a full season in 2004 when Schumi won everything!

I almost think Greg Moore's death made me watch F1. I watched a lot of CART (now Champ Car) in the 90s along with NASCAR (which was my main form of motorsport), but after Greg Moore died in a crash at Fontana (in CART), I stopped watching and devoted all my attention to NASCAR. Had Moore lived, I would've probably stuck with watching both, but then when my interest was lost in NASCAR, I probably would've went to Champ Car without even thinking about F1 and Indy. Of course, now I balance F1, CCWS, and IRL.

totally off topic but eric did you sent your female cousins to hungary???

because this was my first thought when i saw this:

xsjmbhnzfwdjyekdjzo.jpg

totally off topic but eric did you sent your female cousins to hungary???

because this was my first thought when i saw this:

xsjmbhnzfwdjyekdjzo.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

yeah!really that was my first thought!you see? your opinion was actually voiced!(through those girls' poster but it doesn't matter!)

yeah!really that was my first thought!you see? your opinion was actually voiced!(through those girls' poster but it doesn't matter!)

:lol:

Don't worry. My opinion will be very voiced in the additional comments section at the end of the FIA-AMD survey (if they do one this year)...

"Dearest Maximilian and Bernard,

Please demand STR get the **** out of your sport. Thank you."

:lol:

Don't worry. My opinion will be very voiced in the additional comments section at the end of the FIA-AMD survey (if they do one this year)...

"Dearest Maximilian and Bernard,

Please demand STR get the **** out of your sport. Thank you."

sure!that survey was really great!of course i voted for fernando and he was fourth!and jenson 3rd...we-women- should be banned from voting!

[quote name='angie' post='207849' date='Aug 2 2007, 04:58 PM']sure!that survey was really great!of course i voted for fernando and he was fourth!and jenson 3rd...we-women- should be banned from voting![/quote]
:lol: Yeah, I voted for Scott, and he was the last... :lol:

Always. :P

yes!if all women hadn't voted for jenson(btw all the women i know like jenson..!murray do you remember my friend,vaso?she likes him very much, too!)fernando would have been 3rd! :(

The sound of the Renault V10 engine, and wonderful active ride cars from Williams.

The Williams FW14/B driven by Mansell. With Mansell gone I supported Williams-Renault and later also Benetton-Renault (when they switched) even tough I couldn't stand the likes of Prost, Senna, Schumacher nor did I really liked Hill and Villeneuve.

I almost stopped when they banned the active ride cars, and then stopped for a while when Renault pulled out. I started watching again when BMW and Renault returned.