Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eric

Sebastian Vettel Commits Career Suicide

I was wondering why batracer featured Vettell on the top right hand of the screen! If I were Vettell, I'd stay with Williams! Do a load of tests, even some against your team-mates, do tohusands of laps & it would be the same as a race driver for STR but that little bit of nonsense between Speed & Toast was silly & it better not happen to Vettell!

I was wondering why batracer featured Vettell on the top right hand of the screen! If I were Vettell, I'd stay with Williams! Do a load of tests, even some against your team-mates, do tohusands of laps & it would be the same as a race driver for STR but that little bit of nonsense between Speed & Toast was silly & it better not happen to Vettell!

I think you mean BMW-Sauber, not Williams...

Well...as long as Vettel doesn't pass his teammate ever, he'll never get into trouble.

And you just don't sing about milk and cereal when your boss's name is toast...

No, Katy, the title was not to scare the Sh#t out of you, sorry if it did :lol:

Sebastian Confirmed at STR for 08

Dumb move.

yeah u did scared m. but not more than knowing ill have to support a str for 1 season and a half.

what still makes me keep a lil bit hope is dr. theissen saying he still has a contract to bmw motorsports.

i think he deserves much better than str, but he'll do his best ;)

he looked so happy today on track that i even got a bit 'happy' for him :)

I think you mean BMW-Sauber, not Williams...

Well...as long as Vettel doesn't pass his teammate ever, he'll never get into trouble.

:clap3:

thats just too damn funny

Lets say Vettel does a better than Speed....he'll still finish well outside of the points and probably only one place above or below Mr. Bling Bling. Firing Speed and replacing him with Vettel does absolutely nothing for the team championship-wise and was a useless move.

But we can all rest easy now that we've gotten rid of the Big Bad American and in the end that's all this was about.

Lets say Vettel does a better than Speed....he'll still finish well outside of the points and probably only one place above or below Mr. Bling Bling. Firing Speed and replacing him with Vettel does absolutely nothing for the team championship-wise and was a useless move.

But we can all rest easy now that we've gotten rid of the Big Bad American and in the end that's all this was about.

He wasn't big, he wasn't mean, as the only driver in F1 he had a minimal support at home and NO support with the team, and he was made to be a scape goat for an incompetent team director, uncompetitive car, and underfinanced team. If Vettel deserves better, so does Speed. At least he tried, unlike Rolf. I mean Ralf. When is that joke of a driver gonna be fired????

I think that Vettel will get alot of favoritism from the team compared to what Tonio will get.

I disagree with some of you in saying that this is a bad move for Vettel my reasons are:

1. Will gain valuable race experience

2. Will most likely be able to race with if not beat Tonio

3. May gain a return to BMW - Sauber in 2009 as a possible replacement for NH being a proven product by then.

4. Any race seat is better than testing all day everyday.

I feel for Speed I believe he was mis-treated and deserved a better shot, but hey this is F1 not kindergarden and it's very much a dog eat dog environment.

No, Katy, the title was not to scare the Sh#t out of you, sorry if it did :lol:

Yes that is a shocker of a title Eric. I was worried there for a second :D

I think that Vettel will get alot of favoritism from the team compared to what Tonio will get.

I disagree with some of you in saying that this is a bad move for Vettel my reasons are:

1. Will gain valuable race experience

2. Will most likely be able to race with if not beat Tonio

3. May gain a return to BMW - Sauber in 2009 as a possible replacement for NH being a proven product by then.

4. Any race seat is better than testing all day everyday.

I feel for Speed I believe he was mis-treated and deserved a better shot, but hey this is F1 not kindergarden and it's very much a dog eat dog environment.

I second that Nathan.

5. Vettel is so young that a year or two with STR won't harm his future prospects whatsoever, so long as he shows equal or greater pace than his team mate.

yeah u did scared m. but not more than knowing ill have to support a str for 1 season and a half.

what still makes me keep a lil bit hope is dr. theissen saying he still has a contract to bmw motorsports.

i think he deserves much better than str, but he'll do his best ;)

he looked so happy today on track that i even got a bit 'happy' for him :)

I was shocked myself, I though he killed himself because his girlfriend dumped him for his move to STR.

I think the atmosphere in STR sucks, and it was nothing compared to even the atmosphere that young upcoming drivers enjoyed in Minardi, even if STR has a car that is atleast as good as Mclarens, the team is still not Idiot proof. We need guys like Paul, Jordan and Sauber back as bosses. And not some bunch of losers (ehem...one of them did win 10gps, great!) with some money that does not even fit in a piggy bank owned by a 3yo girl!

He wasn't big, he wasn't mean, as the only driver in F1 he had a minimal support at home and NO support with the team, and he was made to be a scape goat for an incompetent team director, uncompetitive car , and underfinanced team. If Vettel deserves better, so does Speed. At least he tried, unlike Rolf. I mean Ralf. When is that joke of a driver gonna be fired????

:congrats: agreed!

Way to spoil my fun and change the title :lol:

Nuh uh. Piotr and Abbas are WRONG. Scott was an American, and every single American is man is obese, hairy, has B.O., has yellow teeth, wears a white wife beater with yellow stains in the armpits, is in fact a wife beater, is drunk 99.9% of the time, and burps as loud as possible just to make their friends laugh.

Now, go get your a## to Champ Car NOW Scott. NOW. The ticketmaster/OzJet Panoz DP01-Cosworth awaits.

You're barking at the wrong tree.

It was Michael Andretti that distroyed the reputation about american drivers.

In the McLaren MP4/8 active-ride car (witch in theory even a monkey could drive because it had Traction Control, Launch Start, Active Suspensions, Semi-Automatic Paddle Transmission etc.) only managed to crash and spin and then insult european the "crapy" and "inferior" european drivers.

You're barking at the wrong tree.

It was Michael Andretti that distroyed the reputation about american drivers.

In the McLaren MP4/8 active-ride car (witch in theory even a monkey could drive because it had Traction Control, Launch Start, Active Suspensions, Semi-Automatic Paddle Transmission etc.) only managed to crash and spin and then insult european the "crapy" and "inferior" european drivers.

You used the excuse about JPM not being committed enough, so I'll use the same for Michael Andretti. You can't do well in F1 if you still live in the USA. He had very little time testing the car from what I hear, and though it was his fault, then it's just a stereotype that all Americans are lazy, which is not true. I've heard complaints about Scott, but, honestly, I think that it's pretty damn commited to have ulcerative colitis and put off medical treatmant just to win 2 Formula Renault championships, and then be told he'll need to carry a bag around in case he starts to Sh#t, but say "no" and take the hard, life-threatening way just to race in junior level formulas. That to me is commitment.

:lol: good one

none of us know what was going on behind the scenes at STR. I really dont think it has anything to do with his nationality. But clearly there was conflict going on between management & driver.

As for Vettel, I dont see this as career suicide at all. Quite the opposite. Whats so good about staying as reserve driver? Where did that ever get Anthony Davidson? These guys are RACERS, and they all want to be racing. By driving for STR, Vettel will now get full benefits of everything Red Bull has to offer. And when DC hangs up his gloves, Vettel will be there to be RBR's leading man (assuming he's as good as he's supposed to be, that is).

BMW Sauber's Nick Heidfeld has thrown his support behind Sebastian Vettel giving up his spot as the team's reserve driver to replace Scott Speed at Scuderia Toro Rosso.

Vettel scored a point on his debut with BMW when he stood in for Robert Kubica at the US GP, and Heidfeld says that the German teenager can only benefit from a full-time race seat.

"Sebastian definitely made the right decision," Heidfeld said. "If you get a chance to get a seat in a Formula One car, you need to take it.

"Of course the car is not as quick as the BMWs at the moment, but still he can show how quick he is compared to his teammate. That's how it always is."

Vettel finish Friday's second session in 20th place, just a hundredth of a second behind teammate Tonio Liuzzi.

I agree w Nick! *as most of the times hehe*

You used the excuse about JPM not being committed enough, so I'll use the same for Michael Andretti. You can't do well in F1 if you still live in the USA. He had very little time testing the car from what I hear, and though it was his fault, then it's just a stereotype that all Americans are lazy, which is not true. I've heard complaints about Scott, but, honestly, I think that it's pretty damn commited to have ulcerative colitis and put off medical treatmant just to win 2 Formula Renault championships, and then be told he'll need to carry a bag around in case he starts to Sh#t, but say "no" and take the hard, life-threatening way just to race in junior level formulas. That to me is commitment.

I don't think that many people here know about Scotts medical problems, therefore may be inclined to say that he lacks commitment. To do what he has done with the problems he has, deserves better than to be called a less than commitment in my book.

Way to spoil my fun and change the title :lol:

Nuh uh. Piotr and Abbas are WRONG. Scott was an American, and every single American is man is obese, hairy, has B.O., has yellow teeth, wears a white wife beater with yellow stains in the armpits, is in fact a wife beater, is drunk 99.9% of the time, and burps as loud as possible just to make their friends laugh.

Now, go get your a## to Champ Car NOW Scott. NOW. The ticketmaster/OzJet Panoz DP01-Cosworth awaits.

U R only partly right, Eric - You forgot the poorly dressed, loud, overly self-assured and self- satisfied, flag-waving ignorant middle class American, who cannot even point Europe (oops, sorry- EU) on the map. I think Scott still can do a lot in F1, with the right team. Then he can retire into the Champ Car with Eddie Cheever - another ugly American who wooped the European a## in the '80s.

>

^ What exactly did Eddie Cheever wooped ?!

With 0 WDCs, 0 victories

In 83 his best year, Prost won 4 victories in the Renaults, while Eddie Cheever won nothing.

Those who wooped back then were Piquet, Prost, Senna, Lauda, Mansell.

I don't think this is career suicide he had some form of contract with Red Bull (obviously Toro Rosso too) and BMW. Clearly BMW don't want him <yet>, and he can certainly beat Liuzzi. I only see his career being harmed if they sign a good driver for the other seat who beats him.

I don't think this is career suicide he had some form of contract with Red Bull (obviously Toro Rosso too) and BMW. Clearly BMW don't want him <yet>, and he can certainly beat Liuzzi. I only see his career being harmed if they sign a good driver for the other seat who beats him.

I wouldn't be so sure :P

SXo far I'm unimpressed :P

Then you're hard to impress! He's had two days in the car and you expect him to do wonders? You're a tough cookie!