Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mikathegreat2

Hungarian Gp Qualifying

If, big If it was true, he probably sticking it to the team for the way he was treated so far. Alonso really want's out from McMerc.

And on a net basis McMerc aren't really paying Alonso anything. Santander and MM sponsorships are, and there's plenty left for McMerc once they pay Alonso's salary.

This is not doing any good to the alonso mclaren relationship. It seems ron dennis was p**sed after the incident

I think the big problem here is how will Mclaren punish what looked like blatent tactics to delay Hamilton's lap and stop him challenging for pole? I mean they can't have such a driver in the team doing something that is not only detrimental to Hamilton's chances of winning, but also the teams image to the public, this is a BIG BIG BIG problem for them!

The other issue here is what if Alonso had gone off, and Heidfeld / Raikkonen got the pole? Then it would have been a disaster, Alonso's actions wont go unpunished but I think it remains to be seen if it is a public or private punishment he receives.

If, big If it was true, he probably sticking it to the team for the way he was treated so far. Alonso really want's out from McMerc.

I agree. Alonso has had enough of the team and is going about burning bridges with reckless abandon. Lewis is a faster driver and is giving him the biggest test of his short career - The difficulty for Mclaren is there for all to see, how they manage it will determine whether they win the WCC or not.

After all is said and done Mclaren still have the front row of the grid and the potential of maximum WCC/WDC points - All Alonso has succeeded in doing is announcing to the world that he is so scared of Lewis that he is prepared to cheat to get ahead.

Roll on the race.

:lol: Hush! I am keeping my fingers crossed that Fisi can get away with that one!

:lol: Your boys are in trouble today Andres!

And on a net basis McMerc aren't really paying Alonso anything. Santander and MM sponsorships are, and there's plenty left for McMerc once they pay Alonso's salary.

We should be a little more cautious at this stage, I agree, but there is serious suspicion from Ron himself. But yes, nothing is known for sure. I almost want it to be true, not because i hate Alonso at all, but just because it's so ingenious and funny.

The arguments about sponsorship are irrelevant. We can go into detail if you really want, but I think it's pretty obvious that Ron is not happy. It doesn't need to be debated.

ROTFLMAO :rofl::roll: As much as I hate Fred.....................well done lad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So what ?!

When Alonso's gonna leave McMerc, they'll simply return to their position of wannabe/second class/runner-up losers like they were from 2000 to 2006.

So what ?!

When Alonso's gonna leave McMerc, they'll simply return to their position of wannabe/second class/runner-up losers like they were from 2000 to 2006.

:rolleyes: A while back Alonso was saying that he was suffering (ie not doing as well as he could points-wise) because he wasn't comfortable yet in the team. I think we can safely say this action (IF it's true) won't help matters. It might cost him this WDC for a start. And saying that Alonso is entirely responsible for McLaren's improvement is nonsense.

I dont know much about the where the rest of the cars were went alonso was in the pits. But IMO Alonso can come out first and let the traffic of cars through to get some clear air. That way he can get a clean lap and so is lewis. I understand you have to be selfish to win, but to compromise your own teammate for your sake is not very wise. If he is not happy at Mclaren, he needs to win them over by owning lewis and not compromising lewis. He is not going to get a lot of support from the team if he keep that up.

Ron is p**sed and rightly so in my opinion. You dont want this kind of things to happen with your two drivers.

. We can go into detail if you really want, but I think it's pretty obvious that Ron is not happy. It doesn't need to be debated.

the hallmark of a champion team-leader is to never be happy with the results you have got ....... and Big Don is a ...

(i just cant believe what i just said. :wacko: )

Ron already knew it when he signed alonso that he is not the "nice guy". i will be surprised if the situation at mclaren goes out of control .....,though i would be loving every moment of it. :P

"There's not really much to say - you saw what happened," he said.

The team held me back. We tried to have some space with the Ferrari (Raikkonen) in front of us

Fernando Alonso

"The team did a great job and we had very good pace, but I'm not aware of what happened. You should ask the team."

When asked as to how long he missed out on setting a final quick lap, he tersely replied: "About the same amount of time I was held up in the pit stop."

Explaining his hold, Alonso said: "The team held me back in this. We tried to have some space with the Ferrari (Raikkonen) in front of us."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport...one/6929333.stm

Yes Nando the team held you up by raising the lolipop and waving you on

<_<

:rolleyes: A while back Alonso was saying that he was suffering (ie not doing as well as he could points-wise) because he wasn't comfortable yet in the team. I think we can safely say this action (IF it's true) won't help matters. It might cost him this WDC for a start. And saying that Alonso is entirely responsible for McLaren's improvement is nonsense.

I never said that Alonso is entirely responsible for McLaren's improvement, because it's a team effort. But he's a part that can make a difference between winners and losers. And in the old days he would have had a contract granting him no. 1 driver status for what he's brought to the team.

I advise everyone to pay attention to narain fan's sig rather than his posts. It's probably the most sensible thing I've ever read from him (despite the typo).

I never said that Alonso is entirely responsible for McLaren's improvement, because it's a team effort. But he's a part that can make a difference between winners and losers. And in the old days he would have had a contract granting him no. 1 driver status for what he's brought to the team.

You said that without Alonso, McLaren would go back to where they were before they got him. This implies he is entirely responsible for the improvement.

Yeah it was ingenious but it could cost him within the team. It may well turn out to be very detrimental to his cause imho.

It could be as at some point he'll need his team mate especially in a championship fight, but sometimes it never comes back to bite. He's just got to hope that if he did it intentionally that he won't be in any situations in later races where he needs his help.

I advise everyone to pay attention to narain fan's sig rather than his posts. It's probably the most sensible thing I've ever read from him (despite the typo).

Depends. If people want a headache from hitting a brick wall, then so be it. ;)

It could be said that the mechanics catching the tyre warmers made it so close between them and if the first stop went well surely this wouldn't have been possible?

[quote name='Kay' post='208152' date='Aug 4 2007, 02:55 PM']It could be as at some point he'll need his team mate especially in a championship fight, but sometimes it never comes back to bite. He's just got to hope that if he did it intentionally that he won't be in any situations in later races where he needs his help.[/quote]

Lewis is not like that. He is so mentally tuned that he is able to focus on the positives rather than negatives. Nando is the opposite and it shows.

well...i'm not sure about what happened.ther are 2 cases:1.it was because of traffic issues(so fernando is innocent),2.fernando decided to have an extra lap(an opportunity that lewis has been given by mclaren several times!)so,he decided to have the same opportunity but forgot sth...to inform the team about it...anyway,even if he did it on purpose i think he didn't only wanted to ruin lewis' chances of taking the pole but also to show ron that even if he doesn't support him,fernando can support himself on his own.

i hope that this incident won't affect tomorrow's race...

P.S:did you see when ron was talking to fernando and he totally ignored him?it was so funny!i think it shows a little bit how is the fernando-ron relationship...

This type of thing would never have happened in the Hakkinen/Coulthard era.

Of course not, those guys weren't even close to the level of competition AND skills Nando and Lewis have :P

You said that without Alonso, McLaren would go back to where they were before they got him. This implies he is entirely responsible for the improvement.

I'm implying he's the decisive factor, that special extra that tips the scale.

my sympathies are with disgruntled button/hamilton fans like you :wub:

Of course not, those guys weren't even close to the level of competition AND skills Nando and Lewis have :P

Do i have to find my old post where i showed everyone that in all the seasons Coulthard and Hakkinen were teammates Hakkinen only beat Coulthard by about 10 points per season. It might be less than that but i did make that post a long time ago. Coulthard beat Hakkinen in several seasons (1997 and 2001 i think).

Nando the team held you up by raising the lolipop and waving you on

They raised the lollipop when the blanket was still on front left tyre and Alonso was cold enough to see it and hold until everything was ok.

Di they wanted him to crash that time?

It could be as at some point he'll need his team mate especially in a championship fight, but sometimes it never comes back to bite. He's just got to hope that if he did it intentionally that he won't be in any situations in later races where he needs his help.

Yeah but even more likely is that the team will support Lewis and 'Nando will be more isolated. Of course they won't deliberately scupper him, but when it's so tight these things can make a huge difference.

P.S:did you see when ron was talking to fernando and he totally ignored him?it was so funny!i think it shows a little bit how is the fernando-ron relationship...

No Angie I didn't, was that before or after the (in-)glorious incident in the pits?

Even I can leave it parked in the 'box Andres! Murray for WDC!

Do i have to find my old post where i showed everyone that in all the seasons Coulthard and Hakkinen were teammates Hakkinen only beat Coulthard by about 10 points per season. It might be less than that but i did make that post a long time ago. Coulthard beat Hakkinen in several seasons (1997 and 2001 i think).

No you don't have to. Because I was comparing Mika and DC against LH and FA, not among themselves so your post would prove nothing.

Oh, by the way, did I mention I am just teasing you? :lol:

No Angie I didn't, was that before or after the (in-)glorious incident in the pits?

it was after it! :mf_tongue: before they had their photos taken...you missed sth really funny!