Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MannTecV10

He Was Something Of A T&^t Today, He Was Not Bright Fernando

OK, so what the hell was that. Alonso is very, very lucky that Hamilton is still on the front row, or I would imagine heavy fines would be handed out.

If you look at the at the footage Alonso looked into his left wing mirrow 4 seperate times after the lollypop was lifted and before he went. Whilst this may not be 'directly' Alonso's fault, someone in that team will find a P45 (UK inland revenue form given to those leaving their companies) on their doorstep Monday.

And even if Alonso was 'unaware what was going on' (which i doubt) surely he should have been sporting and gone.

Imagine the up roar if Kimi and Nick had jumped ahead of Hamilton.

Well I'm sorry Fernando. really sorry. That was bad. You may be a great driver but if you and your 'advisors' are that scared by Hamilton that you are forced to do that, that you clearly see yourself BIGGER than McLaren Mercades, you are not the person we all thought you were.

I just hope hamilton stuffs you one tomorrow!

And I hope you do not recieve a win bonus shoudl you win tomorrow.

Oh, and don't even think about the championship now - your to protect the better man!

OK, so what the hell was that. Alonso is very, very lucky that Hamilton is still on the front row, or I would imagine heavy fines would be handed out.

If you look at the at the footage Alonso looked into his left wing mirrow 4 seperate times after the lollypop was lifted and before he went. Whilst this may not be 'directly' Alonso's fault, someone in that team will find a P45 (UK inland revenue form given to those leaving their companies) on their doorstep Monday.

And even if Alonso was 'unaware what was going on' (which i doubt) surely he should have been sporting and gone.

Imagine the up roar if Kimi and Nick had jumped ahead of Hamilton.

Well I'm sorry Fernando. really sorry. That was bad. You may be a great driver but if you and your 'advisors' are that scared by Hamilton that you are forced to do that, that you clearly see yourself BIGGER than McLaren Mercades, you are not the person we all thought you were.

I just hope hamilton stuffs you one tomorrow!

And I hope you do not recieve a win bonus shoudl you win tomorrow.

Oh, and don't even think about the championship now - your to protect the better man!

I never did like Alonso but that was despicable. If I were Ron Dennis there would be someone or more looking for a job on Monday. Absolutely disgusting. Good for Lewis to show he is above this type of bad sportsmanship. I really hope Lewis gets him tomorrow.

Aye, wasn't good at all, I'll reserve judgement for after the teams press release but if I ran the team I'd be having a think on next years driver line up!

Although in fairness to Alonso, he is the number 1 driver at the team, so should be given preferential treatment...

The thing was that the engineer at the wall was holding Alonso because he would go out in the middle of the other cars. That's why Alonso wait until he gives green light.

But the thing is that everybody would be happy at McLaren if Alonso had not improved Hamilton's time. Because it would be first row for the team but now that is not so good for them because it is Alonso who got the pole.

So no problem if Alonso goes out in the middle of the traffic and he gets ****ed up, but if it is Hamilton who has to wait it is a big big drama. Today I saw what the problem at McLaren is.

And now, as you said with the crane, if it were illegal Alonso would be penalized!

Another scenario. Alonso leaves as soon as the lollipop is raised and ends in P2.

Would you have got into a fit over Alonso's first pitstop where he was held unfairly by the team, and again in the second pitstop in which he was at elast held up for 5 seconds while the team was waiting for Lewis to catch up with him?

Think about it before starting the bonfire....

he must be feeling bad been number one coming to the team then to have as rookie who been ron project for a number of years come in and have the team, the world and the media treat him as if he is the only one in the team. all alonso hard work over the years and then nothing for it, no respect. i don't like alonso but it must be hard for him, it would be hard for anyone. now if it had been michael tho who hard done that (like some of the other stuff he did in his carrer) everyone would have been stright down his neck and booing him all weekend, amazing isn't it.

Another scenario. Alonso leaves as soon as the lollipop is raised and ends in P2.

Would you have got into a fit over Alonso's first pitstop where he was held unfairly by the team, and again in the second pitstop in which he was at elast held up for 5 seconds while the team was waiting for Lewis to catch up with him?

I have seen all Q3 again and Hamilton would not have had time to gor for a fast lap no matter what. But Alonso has been asked about crossed faces at McLaren and he said that it was because of him getting the pole. It was for spanish TV. They guy with the lollipop, ordered by somenone, wanted to make Alonso go in the middle of the traffic but his engineer told him that the track was not free.

I have seen all Q3 again and Hamilton would not have had time to gor for a fast lap no matter what. But Alonso has been asked about crossed faces at McLaren and he said that it was because of him getting the pole. It was for spanish TV. They guy with the lollipop, ordered by somenone, wanted to make Alonso go in the middle of the traffic but his engineer told him that the track was not free.

Lewis missed the chequered flag by 100's of a second - If Nando have left even marginally earlier Lewis would have madeit.

James Allen (ITV) was very quick to notice that Alonso was deliberately holding Lewis back, he went with his instincts there and was spot on.

Selective memory or selective quoting? James Allen also said he missed it by 4 seconds.

No no,fair is fair. The 'middle stop' is fine, as there is time to fix mistakes. But when you are on that kind of 'tight schedule' you have to make the cars go - Hamilton was 4 seconds too late to start a flying lap. how far behind the car in fron t was Alonso? Alot more than 4 seconds, so Alonso could have gone and still had the room - the guy infront (can't remember who) was on a flying lap! so as long as there was more than a few seconds, He would not have troubled Alonso. And if it had been a team 'decision' why would Ron Dennis have acted the way he had? He was clearly angry and it was not with himself! Someone there (and I guess it may not have been Alonso himself on reflection, he was not exactly checking his own watch doing the Math to realise when enough is enough) but someone did something unsportsman like within that team today!

No no,fair is fair. The 'middle stop' is fine, as there is time to fix mistakes. But when you are on that kind of 'tight schedule' you have to make the cars go - Hamilton was 4 seconds too late to start a flying lap. how far behind the car in fron t was Alonso? Alot more than 4 seconds, so Alonso could have gone and still had the room - the guy infront (can't remember who) was on a flying lap! so as long as there was more than a few seconds, He would not have troubled Alonso. And if it had been a team 'decision' why would Ron Dennis have acted the way he had? He was clearly angry and it was not with himself! Someone there (and I guess it may not have been Alonso himself on reflection, he was not exactly checking his own watch doing the Math to realise when enough is enough) but someone did something unsportsman like within that team today!

I am assuming the "official" version is right here. To sum it up:

1) First stop: Alonso is held longer than necessary and then they screw it up with his tires (it is not directly relevant, but helps to understand Alonso's mood at the second pitstop)

2) Second stop: Alonso is held back for more seocnds than necessary again and then right when Lewis arrives they raise the lollypop.

3) After the lollypop is raised, Alonso still remains in place for many more seconds and then leaves.

Alonso is to blame for point #3. The rest was not his fault, right? So, let's assume that 3) never happened, and Alonso ends up in P2. Would everybody go into a rage too because the team ruined Nando's chances at both pitstops? Just asking. Again, I am not justifying FA's actions in any way. I am trying to understand how other people think about these situations. A social experiment, if you want to :D

Would everybody go into a rage too because the team ruined Nando's chances at both pitstops?

I tell you we could have seen everybody jumping and shouting at McLaren.

That's what annoys me the most.

It was me or Hamilton for a clean lap and he, Alonso went on track just behind Raikkonen because someone at the pit-wall told him to do so.

I heard that Lobato asked Fernando why their faces were so sad at McLaren and he replyed that it was because he had got the pole.

That's really sad!

That's rubbish from Fernando then. They may not want him to get pole, but Ron was furious for an altogether different reason, as was blindingly obvious to anyone who saw Ron throw his headphones off in disgust, look around furiously for Alonso's trainer, then walk down to meet Fernando with the trainer looking very nervous, as Ron gave extremely terse replies to Ted Kravitz for ITV when asked what happened in the pitstop.

That's rubbish from Fernando then.

Maybe you're right but do you think we would have seen RD like that if Fernando Alonso had not beaten Hamilton. Ron Dennis got furious when Q3 had finished and Alonso was already on the pole.

I am assuming the "official" version is right here. To sum it up:

1) First stop: Alonso is held longer than necessary and then they screw it up with his tires (it is not directly relevant, but helps to understand Alonso's mood at the second pitstop)

2) Second stop: Alonso is held back for more seocnds than necessary again and then right when Lewis arrives they raise the lollypop.

3) After the lollypop is raised, Alonso still remains in place for many more seconds and then leaves.

Alonso is to blame for point #3. The rest was not his fault, right? So, let's assume that 3) never happened, and Alonso ends up in P2. Would everybody go into a rage too because the team ruined Nando's chances at both pitstops? Just asking. Again, I am not justifying FA's actions in any way. I am trying to understand how other people think about these situations. A social experiment, if you want to :D

To my mind Lewis was the faster of the 2 drivers today pure and simple. He was obviously going to get pole unless an incident prevented him from posting a time.

James Allen & Ted Kravitz, for all their detractors are always on the pulse when it comes to interpreting tv images. It was James that mentioned that Alonso was getting very agitated when he was held back in Q2 and he immediately picked up that Alonso remained stationary despite the raised lolipop - first instincts are generally the most accurate.

Alonso's character is no longer the type of Image that Mclaren/Mercedes can afford to be associated with, especially after Stepney gate. The guy is too emotional and is very petulant.

Maybe you're right but do you think we would have seen RD like that if Fernando Alonso had not beaten Hamilton. Ron Dennis got furious when Q3 had finished and Alonso was already on the pole.

Well... the team has Fernando

McRon has shown to every1 that he's an idiot. He is doing the same thing as he did in 05 when JP joined McRon. McRon didnt learn a thing.

LH has a bright carrer, yet McRon wants to see a rookie to win WDC. Now i would not have any problem if FA would not be as fast as LH.

All that McRon is doing is helping Ferrari to catch them, coz sooner or later both FA&LH will start to have closer fights on the track which means more chances for both to go out! I guess Senna&Prost era is repeating.

Anyway, i do think that FA did a stupid thing today, but i imho he did it to Ron.

Television images suggested Alonso was looking at his physiotherapist for a signal, with the man apparently counting off the seconds before being spoken to by team boss Ron Dennis

Autosoprt.com

To my mind Lewis was the faster of the 2 drivers today pure and simple. He was obviously going to get pole unless an incident prevented him from posting a time.

James Allen & Ted Kravitz, for all their detractors are always on the pulse when it comes to interpreting tv images. It was James that mentioned that Alonso was getting very agitated when he was held back in Q2 and he immediately picked up that Alonso remained stationary despite the raised lolipop - first instincts are generally the most accurate.

Alonso's character is no longer the type of Image that Mclaren/Mercedes can afford to be associated with, especially after Stepney gate. The guy is too emotional and is very petulant.

Who was fastest has nothing to do with all this controversy. In fact Lewis didn't look much of a super fast driver this time because he was barely beating Alonso even on the faster compound.

James Allen is as trustworthy a source about this as any Spanish journalist right now.

Alonso is too emotional and petulant, I give you that and yes, those are not the best traits of him (although I find him being so emotional one of the things that makes him an interesting character). The phrase "McLaren cannot afford to be associate with that image" I hope it was not said in a derogatory way, because McLaren's image is far from sqeuaky clean.

This time, though, I concede that Lewis was the big loser here as he had no part in this except as a victim in a Ron vs Alonso war.

Yeah it all depends. FA might be totally innocent, but I don't think the radio conversations will necessarily settle the matter. He appeared to be looking at the pit wall for some signals. Perhaps these were innocent, but perhaps it was his trainer, in which case I might be suspicious. It would be strange too if the radio conversation didn't match the actions of the lollipop man - don't they all listen in to the same instructions? Maybe not always.

Most interestingly though, I reckon if FA is guilty he did break the rules of the sport. Surely he can be done for blocking, much like Fisi might be? I don't know whether the team has to protest in order for an investigation to proceed. If it does, then clearly nothing will happen.

Television images suggested Alonso was looking at his physiotherapist for a signal, with the man apparently counting off the seconds before being spoken to by team boss Ron Dennis

Autosoprt.com

Yup! :dam:

La Rascasse, Pt. 2 :furious: More evidence that McLaren are using Ferrari tactics that were in the Stepney manual. :P

This IS a clear case of blocking. The stewards must properly punish Alonso, and possibly McLaren.

Yeah it all depends. FA might be totally innocent, but I don't think the radio conversations will necessarily settle the matter. He appeared to be looking at the pit wall for some signals. Perhaps these were innocent, but perhaps it was his trainer, in which case I might be suspicious. It would be strange too if the radio conversation didn't match the actions of the lollipop man - don't they all listen in to the same instructions? Maybe not always.

Most interestingly though, I reckon if FA is guilty he did break the rules of the sport. Surely he can be done for blocking, much like Fisi might be? I don't know whether the team has to protest in order for an investigation to proceed. If it does, then clearly nothing will happen.

Yup! :dam:

Why nothing from Mclaren or the stewards. I think he should be disqualified

How can be that?

Is Alonso so suspicious about McLaren that he's got his own men to tell him when is the right moment to go for the pole?

If Fernando Alonso has done something illegal he will be penalized.