Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pumpdoc

Mclaren

McLaren is........................  

16 members have voted

1. 1. McLaren has stepped in it.

• Dumb
    • Dumber

This the mother of all :naughty:

They're real dumb....

They are the 'ultimate' cause of today. Picking a driver who clearly is too arrogant to stick to the team game. With the spying row they are incredibly stupid to do anything but tell the truth and be more than helpful to the stewards. If they'd done that it would bode well for the Appeal.

McLaren are pretty dumb! 1st, Ron Dennis accepts the constructors trophy given by Schumi, then this row about them spying on Ferrari & now the Alonso-Hamilton pit situation! I'm starting to get confues with the pit situation! So many different opinions that are to me a 50/50 favour!

They are the 'ultimate' cause of today. Picking a driver who clearly is too arrogant to stick to the team game. With the spying row they are incredibly stupid to do anything but tell the truth and be more than helpful to the stewards. If they'd done that it would bode well for the Appeal.

Yes but if it is true what Ron Dennis and FA said at the McLaren press conference it is not fair that hamilton gets away with it. I think they should do something because if they don't it will be FA who disobeys the team next time and that will be mad. It was an agreement between the team altogether but Hamilton didn't keep his word.

I think Hamilton is a spoilt kid.

It's got to be dumber. Lewis, Nando and Ron all look like complete prats. How can 3 of the top men in F1 in their respective field all make so many mistakes...

Yes but if it is true what Ron Dennis and FA said at the McLaren press conference it is not fair that hamilton gets away with it.

Yes it is. Lewis disobeyed team orders but that's not against the rules. Alonso held Lewis up and that is breaking the rules.

I'm starting to think the decision was the correct one, at least from the point of the rules. I have no love for either driver- to me Lewis is an arrogant a-hole, Fernando is a whinging little prat. The stewards decision might in your view be unfair, but if the facts are as they say I don't see that they had any other option.

I just hope they spin off at the first corner and then at least neither one will have gained anything.

I'm starting to think the decision was the correct one, at least from the point of the rules. I have no love for either driver- to me Lewis is an arrogant a-hole, Fernando is a whinging little prat. The stewards decision might in your view be unfair, but if the facts are as they say I don't see that they had any other option.

I was not talking about the stewards there but about the fair play that any team member should play.

I was not talking about the stewards there but about the fair play that any team member should play.

I very much doubt that Lewis will get away with that, but that's an internal matter for McLaren to decide how to deal with it. I'm sure Ron will have a few words to say to him.

Ron=Moe

Hammy=Larry

Nando=Curly

Edit: Bruce, you must be having the time of your life with all this! :lol:

Presentacin1.jpg

Ron=Moe

Hammy=Larry

Nando=Curly

I'm trying to keep up with the quali thread! It had 2-3 pages last time & now 7! I actually read the articles & I know why members are blaming Hamilton but here's my view.

Alonso deserves to be punished for holding up Hamilton, Hamilton should've followed team orders instead of getting himself into this situation & would've probably gots an extra lap to improve on his quali session aswell as Alonso & Ron Dennis really needs to sort his team out before today's race as tempers will start to fly, like Senna & Prost back in 1990. Same team, same drivers with exactly the same pace, both winning back to back races & could'nt outpace each other at all!

Ron=Moe

Hammy=Larry

Nando=Curly

I am, It's all I can do not to gloat to much hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe

First off, I didn't see qualy, just read the numerous reports on it and heard Bruce's account of it via the phone. Feel free to discount my post.

There should have been no penalty for either Alonso or McLaren. I suppose you could argue that Alonso's penalty is just, but certainly not McLaren's. What exactly did the team do to deserve a penalty? They had a strategy set up for fuel-burning and Hamilton didn't stick to it. Alonso then made sure Hamilton was screwed on his last run. Fair play between the drivers and hardly orchestrated by the team. McLaren, here as in the Stepney-Coughlan saga, are clean. No, no, don't bother to dispute me, I'm right. It's written somewhere in the 'terms of use' you all agreed to when you joined the forum.

Got another question for guys who are blindly blaming it on Lewis! Why did Ron throw his headphones away after Lewis miss his final run my a couple of tenths of seconds? His other driver was on pole, he cant have two drivers on pole! Atleast in formula1!

My opinion on why Ron threw the headphones away is because he might have just been told to "go ****ing swivel" :D

Having these two drivers is damaging the team IMO. Ultimately I am a Mclaren supporter who only wants the best for the team. But right now I am hoping that one of the drivers leave Mclaren at the end of the season. No prize in guessing who I am biased against.

Well, even if i'm more of an Alonso supporter (I always tended to support drivers more than teams. Mansell, Senna, Alonso...) i do agree with you that FA has to leave Macca. But why wait until the end of the season? I'd leave today!

He might very well have been thinking about that. But i think he will drive. What else can he do?

Many think now, that he is a cheater- that he did all on purpose. Because they don't know about the details, and most don't even care. They judge from what they see first.

Lets see if he appears for the race today, i hope he will though, because maybe he still has a chance to make some points.

Having these two drivers is damaging the team IMO. Ultimately I am a Mclaren supporter who only wants the best for the team. But right now I am hoping that one of the drivers leave Mclaren at the end of the season. No prize in guessing who I am biased against.

Does anybody here thinks McLaren will be able to keep this two pilots for another season? There is a warlike situation within the team, and I can't really imagine how in the world is Ron going to be able to solve the huge problem McLaren is facing...

FA should leave McLaren. Ron clearly isn't capable of having to superior drivers and be able to keep both of them for another year.

As for LH...he needs to learn much more than just drive fast...

Its been a while since I last posted here. In reading the discussions on the matter its been pleasing to see the respect of opinions for and against and had me wanting to return.

To comment on the above its one team with two many egos.

If I were Ron Dennis and in order to show who is really the boss, I would have barred LH from driving this race and put De la Rosa instead. This would have taught, not only to Hammilton but also to Alonso, a lesson about what happens when you don't obbey your team's instructions.

What do you think will happen in the next qualifying? Who will get the benefit of the extra lap? Do you really think Alonso will let Hammilton take it?

Shame on Hamilton for what he did on this race and shame on FIA for their unfair decision

I wish Williams can get back soon and start winning races....

Never gonna happen.

Outdaten metality, outdated underfunded team (ever since they lost BMW).