Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DriftingGuy

Hamilton - Backstabbing Hypocrite Or Saviour Of F1?

Don't expect Hamilton showing his real opinion about something in an interview.

We all have many times one comment in public and a different one in private but I think Hamilton is black in public and white in private.

And so the exact same thing can be said about Alonso, or any other driver on the field, but what we cannot do is say if a driver is different behind private doors since we have no proof of what is said behind closed doors. Unless you know LH personally then you and others cannot judge him on his attitude.

And so the exact same thing can be said about Alonso...

No, Alonso's main problem is that he says what he thinks, but many times he does not think what he says. While Hamilton is a robot and able to thank the team for the great job three times in a sentence. Now we have seen and heard how much importan the team is for him.

Oh, he is 7 points ahead in the WDC.

Lovely!

No, Alonso's main problem is that he says what he thinks, but many times he does not think what he says. While Hamilton is a robot and able to thank the team for the great job three times in a sentence. Now we have seen and heard how much importan the team is for him.

Oh, he is 7 points ahead in the WDC.

Lovely!

Hardly a robot after his stated today that Alonso has not spoken to him since the bust up this weekend, hardly robot like in my opinion, oh and you think Alonso does not praise the team countless times? It's part of there job, to give praise to the team, to make the team feel appriciated for the work they have done for the drivers.

I feel it should be stated that Alonso is the only one so far to bring disturbance of the team to the public eye, LH has always tried to keep the peace and calm situations down. This weekend we did see a different side of LH, a side which saw him take no more BS of driver who thinks his should have priority over what goes in the team.

Hardly a robot after his stated today that Alonso has not spoken to him since the bust up this weekend, hardly robot like in my opinion, oh and you think Alonso does not praise the team countless times? It's part of there job, to give praise to the team, to make the team feel appriciated for the work they have done for the drivers.

I feel it should be stated that Alonso is the only one so far to bring disturbance of the team to the public eye, LH has always tried to keep the peace and calm situations down. This weekend we did see a different side of LH, a side which saw him take no more BS of driver who thinks his should have priority over what goes in the team.

Where do you fall off from?

Agree with that. Alonso needs to keep his head down, stop whining like a 2 year old and try and prove that he can win the WDC without preferential treatment.

I was feeling fairly even handed about the McLaren situation until this weekend, but I've totally lost it with Alonso now. What little respect I had for him is gone.

I was feeling fairly even handed about the McLaren situation until this weekend, but I've totally lost it with Alonso now. What little respect I had for him is gone.

No man, do not make us go that way.

If any respect's gone it is Hamilton's. He is the disloyal, he is the whiner, he's betrayed the team...

DO NOT FORGET THAT!

Agree with that. Alonso needs to keep his head down, stop whining like a 2 year old and try and prove that he can win the WDC without preferential treatment.

Yes of course. So Hamilton insults the team principal, he did not give Alonso the extra lap that he (Hamilton) had both in UK and Europe, disobeys the team, and generally behaved like a tw*t, yet it is Alonso

Did Lewis whine in public? I think Alonso's done far more of that.

He did in Monaco. He also insulted the Team principal in public. Had Alonso done the same he would have been crucified by the Team, the British press, the Royal Guard and FIA.

Did Lewis whine in public?

Yes you are right, it was in private.

In front of three FIA stewards.

Yes of course. So Hamilton insults the team principal, he did not give Alonso the extra lap that he (Hamilton) had both in UK and Europe, disobeys the team, and generally behaved like a tw*t, yet it is Alonso

He did in Monaco. He also insulted the Team principal in public. Had Alonso done the same he would have been crucified by the Team, the British press, the Royal Guard and FIA.

Alonso would have been crucified by Ron Dennis, as Lewis no doubt was. Lewis thankfully had the good sense to apologise, but I'd imagine his relationship with Ron has taken a big hit. He would have been crucified by the British press, just as the Spanish press crucified Hamilton this weekend. Check out the coverage- that's what the National Press does. And I think even the FIA would have had the sense to stay out of this one unless it was in the Press Conference or something.

Alonso is supposed to be an experienced professional driver. Hamilton made a bad decision not to move over, but he will learn from that sort of mistake, which although bad for the quali plan, would not in itself have resulted in a penalty for the team. Alonso's petulant response was that of a child and as a result of his actions (NOT hamilton's) McLaren have lost up to 18 constructors points.

Alonso's problems are entirely his own, but instead of showing strong character and dealing with them, he is losing it completely time and again.

:clap3:

Totally 100% agree, this is what I was trying to get at to people, Alonso and RD where the two people trying to cover up what had happend, instead they shot them selfs in the foot but some are so easily led feel that the blame should lie totally on Hamiltons back for what had happened between him and RD and Quali disobeying.

Yes you are right, it was in private.

In front of three FIA stewards.

I totally agree with a lot of what you have said from what i've read. In my opinion Hamilton's helmet has been getting a little bigger looking in the car and believes he's the favorite of the team. He does have to remember he is there for the team as much as they are there for him. Since Monaco he has caused a lot of the controversy that has occured in the press and on the team. Maybe i'm wrong, but to go against a team stategy that has been set out shows his lack of team respect and a whole lot of immaturity.

???????????? WOW ?????????????

I'm afraid you need to research these events more, before making a comment like that. You have totally misunderstood the events, and have pinned the blame on the wrong guy. It was more then Alonso holding up Hamilton. Alonso was the gate, but somebody else told him to shut it.

Alonso is supposed to be an experienced professional driver. Hamilton made a bad decision not to move over, but he will learn from that sort of mistake, which although bad for the quali plan, would not in itself have resulted in a penalty for the team. Alonso's petulant response was that of a child and as a result of his actions (NOT hamilton's) McLaren have lost up to 18 constructors points.

Alonso's problems are entirely his own, but instead of showing strong character and dealing with them, he is losing it completely time and again.

Alonso would have been crucified by Ron Dennis, as Lewis no doubt was. Lewis thankfully had the good sense to apologise, but I'd imagine his relationship with Ron has taken a big hit. He would have been crucified by the British press, just as the Spanish press crucified Hamilton this weekend. Check out the coverage- that's what the National Press does. And I think even the FIA would have had the sense to stay out of this one unless it was in the Press Conference or something.

And you ask for objectivity and balanced comments.

God, I thought I was biased...

Until I met you amigo.

Hamilton made a bad decision? That is a mild way of putting it. He stole five points away from Alonso if the WDC fight and cost his team 18 points... well done.

Remember Hamilton started all this by trying to take away from Alonso the extra qualy lap that that he had himself benefited from in other races. And with one important caveat: that extra lap probably meant the pole and the pole in Hungary is 75% of the race if you are competing against an equal car on the same race strategy.

Hamilton new this race was crucial for the WDC and he knew that if Alonso passed him in Hungary he would be in the driving seat to win the WDC. There was no way Hamilton and his daddy were going to allow that to happen no matter what: team tacticts, fair play or relationship with his mentor...

Now, you may find all that respectable or not. As Murray puts it, it may well be nature of competitive guy that he is. For for heave sake, spare us the crap of the team spirit and I-am-the-good-guy image. And above all spare us the daddy and leave the FIA out of it so that Alonso can race you on a levelled playing field. Barring that, Hamilton will remain an hypocrite.

And you ask for objectivity and balanced comments.

God, I thought I was biased...

Until I met you amigo.

???????????? WOW ?????????????

I'm afraid you need to research these events more, before making a comment like that. You have totally misunderstood the events, and have pinned the blame on the wrong guy. It was more then Alonso holding up Hamilton. Alonso was the gate, but somebody else told him to shut it.

Being objective does not mean not having an opinion. It is my belief that Lewis's decision not to move over is not something that can be punished by the stewards, whilst Fernando's actions are. That doesn't mean I am biased against Alonso or towards Hamilton, it's just my opinion.

Answer my points if you expect me to take you seriously, otherwise keep your snide remarks to yourself.

Answer my points if you expect me to take you seriously, otherwise keep your snide remarks to yourself.

Did ipaneda answer your points?

It's just what I had to say.

Being objective does not mean not having an opinion. It is my belief that Lewis's decision not to move over is not something that can be punished by the stewards, whilst Fernando's actions are. That doesn't mean I am biased against Alonso or towards Hamilton, it's just my opinion.

Why dont you answer this one first. If you know so well what can and what can't be punished by the stewards, why dont you explain to us on what article of the reglament did the stewards base their decision to sanction Alonso?

Hynt: dont bother, many smarter that you tried and failed misserably. On this, we dont care about opinions, yours even less. We care about facts, but unfortunately there aren't any upon which to justify the decision by the stewards, who, in an example of consistency, had reached the opposit conclusion on Saturday evening when they announced they would not sanction Alonso. Guess they received a call from Berney...

Hamilton made a bad decision? That is a mild way of putting it. He stole five points away from Alonso if the WDC fight and cost his team 18 points... well done.

Remember Hamilton started all this by trying to take away from Alonso the extra qualy lap that that he had himself benefited from in other races. And with one important caveat: that extra lap probably meant the pole and the pole in Hungary is 75% of the race if you are competing against an equal car on the same race strategy.

Hamilton new this race was crucial for the WDC and he knew that if Alonso passed him in Hungary he would be in the driving seat to win the WDC. There was no way Hamilton and his daddy were going to allow that to happen no matter what: team tacticts, fair play or relationship with his mentor...

Now, you may find all that respectable or not. As Murray puts it, it may well be nature of competitive guy that he is. For for heave sake, spare us the crap of the team spirit and I-am-the-good-guy image. And above all spare us the daddy and leave the FIA out of it so that Alonso can race you on a levelled playing field. Barring that, Hamilton will remain an hypocrite.

I agree with everything in this post except for the first sentence. EITHER Alonso acted alone to block Hamilton which caused the stewards to punish him, so therefore he is to blame, OR it was the team's orders as a qualifying tactic and they were the victim of a crap decision by the stewards. If the former, you can say it was justified given the earlier actions of Lewis, but it seems to me he sacrificed a possible win (or a definite podium) plus 18 constructors points in order to exact some sort of revenge. If the latter, it's just a terrible decision by the stewards, which you can't blame on Hamilton.

Ron seriously needs to knock their heads together. Somebody suggested docking their pay, which I think would be a great idea. Every time they have a spat their pay goes down 10%.........

Why dont you answer this one first. If you know so well what can and what can't be punished by the stewards, why dont you explain to us on what article of the reglament did the stewards base their decision to sanction Alonso?

Articles 31.6 and 31.7 of the 2007 F1 sporting regulations.

I agree with everything in this post except for the first sentence. EITHER Alonso acted alone to block Hamilton which caused the stewards to punish him, so therefore he is to blame, OR it was the team's orders as a qualifying tactic and they were the victim of a crap decision by the stewards. If the former, you can say it was justified given the earlier actions of Lewis, but it seems to me he sacrificed a possible win (or a definite podium) plus 18 constructors points in order to exact some sort of revenge. If the latter, it's just a terrible decision by the stewards, which you can't blame on Hamilton.

Ron seriously needs to knock their heads together. Somebody suggested docking their pay, which I think would be a great idea. Every time they have a spat their pay goes down 10%.........

By chance did you happen to read what Ron said about it, when he stated on Saturday that it was all Hamilton

By chance did you happen to read what Ron said about it, when he stated on Saturday that it was all Hamilton

What did you expect him to do? He has just been the victim of the most blatant form of gamesman ship and reacted in the heat of the moment. He wrongly thought that Nando was given instructions to block him by Ron as a form of punsihment and raected accordingly.

The language aside, I wouldn't have expected any other reaction from a guy that was still in the 'zone'.

If Ron were to sack him it would be the biggest mistake in F1

Really? F1 is a stressful sport. You think it's ok for a driver to speak to his superiors like that after stress levels rise and assumptions are made? This would have been a supreme opportunity for Hamilton to display some level-headed maturity. He failed.

Hamilton disobeyed specific instructions from his team, I think he should have accepted that some sort or repercussion from the team was in order.