Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DriftingGuy

Hamilton - Backstabbing Hypocrite Or Saviour Of F1?

Before the season started I wasn't an Alonso fan but as it started I quite liked his personality but that took a hit this weekend. I think it's pretty obvious to all that theres a touch of jealousy from him. He expected to be McLaren's blue eye'd boy and dominate his team-mate. It ain't happened.

Hamilton IS F1's next golden boy, he's got the potential to be the Tiger Woods of F1 and dominate it for years to come. Thats not a certainty of course but I would love to see it.

Hamilton, well he has the world at his feet. As stated in another thread for me its a little too much too soon.

Hamilton IS F1's next golden boy, he's got the potential to be the Tiger Woods of F1 and dominate it for years to come. Thats not a certainty of course but I would love to see it.

He will, but his WDC will be served a la FIA.

Hamilton, well he has the world at his feet. As stated in another thread for me its a little too much too soon.

I personally disagree with that, I think he needs to stand his ground from the start so he cant get bullied by his two-time world champion team mate etc. He has indeed got the world at his feet but like all other superstars of their sport he will come with an on track attitude and a high will to win. Theres few sporting greats didn't have this attitude from the start. (Michael Schumacher, Michael Jordan, Tiger Woods, Ali).

He will, but his WDC will be served a la FIA.

Who cares how he gets it as long as he does. The record books only record results, semantics are reserved for those with plenty of time on their hands and the bitter.

I care how.

I don't care what the rest of the world cares.

You are alone my friend!

Lewis has apologised and has extended the hand of friendship to the sulking Nando. The championship is hotting up and there is still every chance than the 'rookie' could land the WDC in his first season

:D

Alonso plays games too. Maybe he's never disobeyed a team, I don't know, but I think it's pretty clear he's not above some underhand play. He wouldn't be the best driver in the world if he didn't.

Lewis has apologised and has extended the hand of friendship to the sulking Nando.

Go hang Fernando Alonso and let hypocrites live.

The championship is hotting up and there is still every chance than the 'rookie' could land the WDC in his first season

Maybe, but it won't be fair and square.

Go hang Fernando Alonso and let hypocrites live.

Maybe, but it won't be fair and square.

Schumacher punting Damon Hill off the track wasn't fair or square but still counts towards his 7 WDC's

I personally disagree with that, I think he needs to stand his ground from the start so he cant get bullied by his two-time world champion team mate etc. He has indeed got the world at his feet but like all other superstars of their sport he will come with an on track attitude and a high will to win. Theres few sporting greats didn't have this attitude from the start. (Michael Schumacher, Michael Jordan, Tiger Woods, Ali).

Yeh fair enough. To clarify I have no issue with Hamilton, I think he's great. I'm avid follower of sport and agree on the persona of great athletes. They have a confidence and a projection of only success and an uncanny ability to exploit their talent. You mention those athletes and in relation to Hamilton, the pressure these days on great athletes is immense and it largely bases my view. With the business side that contains marketing/advertising, brand building and exposure to the public its quite a lot to handle for a young guy. When the likes of the Michaels and Tigers of the world were coming up it was around, but to the extent of which it is today?

In saying, he'll be great for the sport, he's been granted a wonderful opportunity to exploit his talents, for me it just seems to be catching up to him a little quickly.

Yeah I agree he (and his minders) needs to be careful. So much has happened so quickly for him.

AleHop, I'm just curious but you are not happy about what Hamilton did and think it was in poor taste which is fine, it's your opinion, but surely you must feel the same detest towards Alonso for his equally 'naughty' move in the pits??

Like I said in my other post, the success that the young lad had in his short career has made him a bit c#cky. All he needs is guidance, and he will become one of the best driver in F1 history. He is young and he will learn.

I condemn hamilton for what he said over the radio and also for disobeying mclaren's orders. But having said that, I think it is necessary that people see beyond the prejudice and realise that alonso's reaction to deny hamilton his final flying lap in qualifying is as bad as what hamilton did. The pressure is on both of them and none of them is keeping their head at the moment IMO.

By the way, in my opinion the answer to the title of this topic lies in the statistics which I believe have shown that there are more viewers watching F1 this year compared to last year.

AleHop, I'm just curious but you are not happy about what Hamilton did and think it was in poor taste which is fine, it's your opinion, but surely you must feel the same detest towards Alonso for his equally 'naughty' move in the pits??

Alonso was surprised when McLaren didn't put new tyres on his car for his last flying lap. Alonso was so fed up with that and Hamilton that he thought it was a dirty move from the team, he could not believe the team was not able to make Hamilton let him go. He asked repeteadly why they had put used tyres but they didn't answer, eventually someone replyed that it was the best option. When are used tyres the best option for the pole?

But listen, I am not going to congratulate Alonso for what he did. But most of you are pleased with Hamilton getting away with it. I think FIA has gone too far already.

I wasn't happy with alonso's demotion either. I wasn't happy with what he did but I dont think the FIA should have stepped in. In my opinion the FIA should have let Mclaren settle the troubles internally.

When he actually gets pole

Despite the tyres...

And that was the problem, he got the pole.

First row was fine but it had to be Hamilton on pole.

I wasn't happy with alonso's demotion either. I wasn't happy with what he did but I dont think the FIA should have stepped in. In my opinion the FIA should have let Mclaren settle the troubles internally.

I think, had it not been so obvious and blatant, he would have got away with it. The stewards had to do something or they would have been accused of impotence and favoritism towards Alonso.

I think, had it not been so obvious and blatant, he would have got away with it. The stewards had to do something or they would have been accused of impotence and favoritism towards Alonso.

I agree there, it was not a decision based on well known rules but due to three frightened stewards trying to avoid british media hanging them.

I agree there, it was not a decision based on well known rules but due to three frightened stewards trying to avoid british media hanging them.

We finally agree

:clap3:

Alonso plays games too. Maybe he's never disobeyed a team, I don't know, but I think it's pretty clear he's not above some underhand play. He wouldn't be the best driver in the world if he didn't.

are you trying to imply that to be the best driver he needs to be "unfair"

i dont see how being fair and being the best cant coexist.

You need the right mentality to be the best. I've discussed it elsewhere, including in my blog entry on "Crime, genius and beautiful me".