Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LabradoRacer

Hypothetical Question : If Alonso Departs From Mclaren...

I know you prefer the disloyal, hypocrite and cynical.

Schumacher is by favorite of all time - go figure

<_<

BMW would be a good move but I think a pairing with Kubica could be potentially problematic as he is very fast!
As a BMW fan as well, I'd like and am eager to hear BMW retain Heidfeld alongside Kubica.

Dr. T says BMW will b annoucing Nick's contract during this summer break :)

I dunno if I'd prefer Nick being teammate of Kubi or someone like Nando. I don't think BMW would support his stupid behaviour *even thought they told kubi to pass on jap 06 :/*

From what I gather on Nick Heidfeld, the guy is a work horse! He'll continue to do great things with BMW, as will Kubica. That is great news if he's retained.

Thanks for the news Katy H.

(I should mention, my user name was changed recently and replaced bmwsauber.f1. Don't know if anyone will recall, lol. But thats whats happened if your wondering where this 2//horns came from)

i think he will go to bmw with heidfeld going to mclaren

Aug.6 (GMM) BMW's Mario Theissen has counted the Munich manufacturer out of speculation that Fernando Alonso could be Hinwil-bound at the end of 2007.

A Renault return is the obvious favourite amid speculation that Spaniard Alonso wants to desert his McLaren contract, but it has been pointed out by the media that BMW-Sauber team principal Theissen has been recently open in his admiration for F1's reigning world champion.

Sport-Informations-Dienst, however, quoted the German chief as saying in Hungary: "That is not momentarily a topic for us."

Instead, it is rumoured strongly that - during the August break - Theissen will finalise Nick Heidfeld's new contract to drive alongside Robert Kubica in 2008.

That doesn't say anything to me. 'momentarily' is just that, for the moment! - If Alonso becomes available I'm sure the moment will change.

He will go to either Renault, BMW or Ferrari. Some reporters alledgedly close to him have said that all of those 3 plus Toyota have already approached him, BMW being one of the most interested.

BMW and McMerc will not swap drivers. Its like Microsoft saying "Vista is not as good as we wanted, and we want to replace it with this up and coming Linux. I wonder if Redhat would like to take Vista off of our hands and we take on Enterprise 4"

No no no. This is business as well as sport!

Interestingly, Nando's father spent Sunday morning at Renault's truck with Briatore, who still sort of represents Alonso and takes a cut of his earnings. Also, he has the experience of having negotiated a lot of agreements between drivers and the teams. Guess who paid a visit to Renault's truck when Alonso's father left... ? Mario Theissen. Seems Briatore may be brokering a deal for BMW as he know he does not have a competitive car to offer Alonso.

Maybe he'll go join Montoya......

There are only three possibilities

1) Renault

2) Ferrari

3) BMW

Fernando Alonso has made his decision and he will leave McLaren as soon as possible but he is not going to consider Spyker like an option. As foxtrot023 has said it is matter of when and not if. And when is ASAP.

Alonso would most likely run back to Flavio with his tail between his legs.

But best case senerio would be Ferrari and McLaren to see past their differneces and swap Alonso & Raikkonen. When you think about it, both teams would be happy. Ferrari get a driver who clearly wants to be number one within the team Ferrari like this. McLaren get the mute one errr sorry Kimi back who would will rock up and drive without the fuss over Lewis.

Problem solved, next.................. :D

As a Mclaren fan, I would like that to happen aussieF1 but I cannot see it happening. I always rated kimi and I still do. But the problem is Mclaren needs one best driver (either hamilton or alonso, most prob hamilton is staying) and another who is willing to be no.2 or at least someone who isn't too competitive.

What I think would be best if alonso joins BMW cause they are a team that can offer alonso a quick car. Then Mclaren can have Heidfield or Kubica. Heidfield is a veteran who wouldn't complain. Kubica is a close friend of hamilton if I'm not mistaken. So it works out for both teams IMO.

It'd be interesting to see if Jenson can somehow wiggle into McLaren to form an English line-up.

I think there's a snow's chance in hell of Alonso joining Ferrari. I don't want Ferrari to hire him.

My two cents- I reckon Nando back to Renault, Hami paired with Pedro, and BMW retain their current line-up. I think it would be a mistake for BMW to make any driver changes for next year. NH and RK are driving well. :eusa_think:

As a Mclaren fan, I would like that to happen aussieF1 but I cannot see it happening. I always rated kimi and I still do. But the problem is Mclaren needs one best driver (either hamilton or alonso, most prob hamilton is staying) and another who is willing to be no.2 or at least someone who isn't too competitive.

What I think would be best if alonso joins BMW cause they are a team that can offer alonso a quick car. Then Mclaren can have Heidfield or Kubica. Heidfield is a veteran who wouldn't complain. Kubica is a close friend of hamilton if I'm not mistaken. So it works out for both teams IMO.

Yes I know, I doubt weather McLaren & Ferrari will ever be able to agree on such an exchange, even if the drivers and their management where all in happy for it to happen. It would become a matter of pride.

Heidfeld I think has found a nice home at BMW, and I doubt weather he would leave for McLaren after the snub in 2001, when Kimi was chosen to partner Coultard for he 2002 season.

Kubica could well be an outside chance for the vacant seat at McLaren in this hypothetical situation we are building up here, BMW I'm sure would let him go for Alonso any day of the week. An Alonso, Heildfeld combination would certainly deliver the level of expertise they need to move forward at a faster rate than what might be achievable with a driver like Kubica.

Fernando Alonso has made his decision and he will leave McLaren as soon as possible

How do you know that??? You don't, so dont say it.

Alonso is a big whinging baby and needs a slap. He's meant to be a double world champion, scared of no-one, and he's being a big cry-baby this season just because he's being challenged within his own team.

He should grow a pair, beat Hamilton to the title, and do the same next year too.

If he leaves, he'll just look like a wimp who couldnt cut it against a rookie who is clearly better than him

If he leaves, he'll just look like a wimp who couldnt cut it against a rookie who is clearly better than him

Do you really think that LH is clearly better than Alonso??? I don

Do you really think that LH is clearly better than Alonso??? I don

Fernando Alonso has been informed by Ron Dennis, the McLaren Mercedes team principal, that he can leave at the end of this season, well-placed sources have told The Times.

The Formula One rumour mill is in full flow over the future of Alonso after his role in the vain attempt to prevent Lewis Hamilton, his teammate, from taking pole position during qualifying for last weekend