Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LabradoRacer

Hypothetical Question : If Alonso Departs From Mclaren...

:lol: Yeah Freaky I actually wanted Kimi to stay at McLaren so we could have the best two drivers together. I'd like to see them together at Ferrari, but every team must surely be looking at McLaren and reminding themselves why it's so rare for the best drivers to be team mates. It's hard to say though because Alonso is better than Kimi imho, so maybe Ferrari would risk it? I don't know...

:nono1: I know there's too much crap in the forums right now, but that was uncalled for! Of all posters I would expected better from you!

whats wrong with what I said? Sure it sounded harsh and I exaggerated the point a little, but what i'm saying is true!

Not to offend... How old are you?

I'm only 5, so cut me some slack

:lol: Yeah Freaky I actually wanted Kimi to stay at McLaren so we could have the best two drivers together. I'd like to see them together at Ferrari, but every team must surely be looking at McLaren and reminding themselves why it's so rare for the best drivers to be team mates. It's hard to say though because Alonso is better than Kimi imho, so maybe Ferrari would risk it? I don't know...

Well, even if they reckon that Fernando is better, they should give them fair conditions and see what happens. Kimi put up really well with the pressure of being beaten by a teammate worse than him (in most people's opinions), so don't you think he would be motivated to race and try to beat a teammate better than him?

Nando to Renault, with Kovo

Webber to McLaren - Just think of the Webber bad luck curse & McLaren...!!!!!!!!!!

Fisi to Williams

I don't see nick in mclaren after what happened in 2001.

Care to let me in on this?

What did I miss?

What happened in 2001?

whats wrong with what I said? Sure it sounded harsh and I exaggerated the point a little, but what i'm saying is true!

I'm only 5, so cut me some slack

:lol: Sorry, I didn't put an emoticon in my post. Just reread my post and add a :P at the end

Of course, I don't agree with you, except when you said that the posts seem to be reaching new levels of dumbness lately. All the discussions are giving me a headache!

Care to let me in on this?

What did I miss?

What happened in 2001?

I think signing kimi from sauber instead of heidfeld. Both were team mates at sauber at that time

Same here I was looking forward to those 2 beeing in the same team.

Those two at Ferrari is also something I'd like to see but can ferrari afford such a high payroll?

Also I get the impression from Mr Todt that aslong as he is the boss there Alonso is not coming to Ferrari.

I dont know if that is the case or just my impression because my opinion of Mr Todt is far from unbiased.

I find it a bit surprising by many of you telling nando will partner kova at renault. But just few days ago it was stated that nelson piquet jnr is going to race for renault in 2008. So can alonso really go there. Or is kova leaving renault then?

But pat symonds has been telling over and over again that they would be happy to have nando back. Meanwhile flavio says at the moment he's not interested about alonso leaving mclaren. So its still a tricky situation :eusa_think:

Well, even if they reckon that Fernando is better, they should give them fair conditions and see what happens. Kimi put up really well with the pressure of being beaten by a teammate worse than him (in most people's opinions), so don't you think he would be motivated to race and try to beat a teammate better than him?

Yeah it would be a great partnership and I think it would be great for F1. I'm not sure it's in Ferrari's interests, but it's hard to tell! They would have the best line up in F1, except that they might fall out and cause problems for the team. It's a hard call for the team, but for us it would be fantastico!

Same here I was looking forward to those 2 beeing in the same team.

Those two at Ferrari is also something I'd like to see but can ferrari afford such a high payroll?

Also I get the impression from Mr Todt that aslong as he is the boss there Alonso is not coming to Ferrari.

I dont know if that is the case or just my impression because my opinion of Mr Todt is far from unbiased.

Yes it would be so expensive and really it's almost better for a team to have one top driver and one no 2. So they'd be paying a fortune for something that is not necessarily an improvement over all. I reckon the ideal would be to swap Kimi for Nando but that's surely not going to happen. But to see Nando and Kimi in the same team would be every fan's wet dream! :controller:

Alonso has lost all confidence in the Mclaren team, so it is even probable he will finish the season in another team. BMW looks like a likely choice, with Renault, Ferrari and Toyota also in the hunt.

Yes it would be so expensive and really it's almost better for a team to have one top driver and one no 2. So they'd be paying a fortune for something that is not necessarily an improvement over all. I reckon the ideal would be to swap Kimi for Nando but that's surely not going to happen. But to see Nando and Kimi in the same team would be every fan's wet dream! :controller:

just like seeing Massa and Hamilton in the same team would be

I think signing kimi from sauber instead of heidfeld. Both were team mates at sauber at that time

Oh that's what it refered to.

I found that rather shocking since Heidfeld basicly had mercedes backing his whole career up till then.

It seemed logical that he would be the one to replace Mika.

I think Heidfeld is still one of the most underrated drivers in F1.

And who would Alonso replace at BMW if he jumped ship this year ?

Nick ?

Come on, Whilst Nick looks disinterested most of the time, it would be hard to replace someone who is clearly doing his job plus more at the team - would BMW want to look plain stupid ?

The ONLY place Nando would go would be Renault, at the expense of either or....

Webber and Nando at renault would make an interesting line up at Renault.

And who would Alonso replace at BMW if he jumped ship this year ?

Nick ?

Come on, Whilst Nick looks disinterested most of the time, it would be hard to replace someone who is clearly doing his job plus more at the team - would BMW want to look plain stupid ?

The ONLY place Nando would go would be Renault, at the expense of either or....

Webber and Nando at renault would make an interesting line up at Renault.

And yet Nick

I just think people r putting so much fire on this fernando to bmw stuff. the spanish newspapers can't stop talking about this, and i really don't see it happening. bmw may not let neither nick nor kubi go, nick is doing an amazing job, and kubi is a promise for the future (me being really polite to him).

I don't think fernando will leave bfore end of season, so we'll watch too much of this fight for next months. they should make a celebrity deathmatch w it...

My opinion is that if Nando leaves mclaren, he's turning to renault, but i don't think it would b a great idea to leave a wdc car for a renault now.

My opinion is that if Nando leaves mclaren, he's turning to renault, but i don't think it would b a great idea to leave a wdc car for a renault now.

I think Fernando is what made Renault a WDC car, personally, and what turned McLaren into fielding championship-caliber cars.

I can see him at Renault next year. As a matter of fact, I guarantee he'll be there. To me, saying "I don't know" as to whether or not he'd consider staying with McLaren means that he wants out and won't come back unless he can't find work at Renault, Ferrari, or BMW.

Dr. T says BMW will b annoucing Nick's contract during this summer break :)

I dunno if I'd prefer Nick being teammate of Kubi or someone like Nando. I don't think BMW would support his stupid behaviour *even thought they told kubi to pass on jap 06 :/*

That's because Theissen always supports his drivers competing against each other. He still did not (officially) disciplined Heidfeld for ramming Robert (if you watch it from a different angle, you clearly see that the intent was there!). The problem here is this - BMW would like to have at least 1 German driver, but Heidfeld id pushing 30, RK is Theissen's protege, and BMW gain tremendous popularity in Eastern Europe, where fans adopted RK as their own. Conversely, having Alonso would spur on the german fans, who likely would call for a German driving BMW. So, Polish fans are considering the following - 1) Alonso to BMW, Kubica/Heidfeld to McLearen

2) Alonso to BMW, Heidfeld out, some definite #2 to McLearen (de la Rossa?)

Personally, I don't think McLearen would be very good for Kubica, so maybe Raikkonen to McLearen, Alonso to BMW, Kubica to Ferrari?

BUT, I can very easily see both Nick and Robert in BMW the next year! :eusa_think:

So, I'm really confused. But I do not envy whoever is Hamilton's teammate in 2008 :rolleyes:

I just think people r putting so much fire on this fernando to bmw stuff. the spanish newspapers can't stop talking about this, and i really don't see it happening. bmw may not let neither nick nor kubi go, nick is doing an amazing job, and kubi is a promise for the future (me being really polite to him).

I don't think fernando will leave bfore end of season, so we'll watch too much of this fight for next months. they should make a celebrity deathmatch w it...

OK, Nick got scared seeing what Kubi did to Jacques, plus he has what? 2-3 to go before retirement (OK, maybe 5)? PLUS every time his car is 100%, Kubica outperforms/outdrives Nick (another mysterious software glitch in Robert's car at Hungaroring ensured Nick being on the podium-amazing how it works - every time after Heidfeld hits Kubi)!

You don't have to be polite to Kubica if you really look at the circumstances - Nick is outgoing, Kubica is incoming, and that's a fact. Sorry. But I agree, I think BMW has their drivers for 2008.

bmw may not let neither nick nor kubi go, nick is doing an amazing job, and kubi is a promise for the future (me being really polite to him).

Thank you for being polite for Robbie. I'll try to be polite for Nick..

Personally, I think BMW wasn't smart to sign Heidfeld so soon in this season... He's a fine driver but is he a champion? I think BMW can field a championship-level car next year, and do they have the drivers to capitalize on that? I think Robbie could have a WDC in his career. Once the older gents are out, and Fernando and Kimi are the elder-statemen, Kubica, Hamilton, Rosberg, maybe Sutil and Piquet Jr... they'll be the heart of our next generation of F1 racing..

I wonder who is going to replace Massa at Ferrari.. Rosberg would be great in that seat.... He would be a little firecracker in the F2008...

If Alonso keeps his head, and is patient enough, he coud go to Renault in 2008 and rebuild their team for a go at the 2009 WDC... However, if Alonso's anger grows and grows to the point that it becomes his mission to take Hamilton down a peg in 2008, then where can he do that? If Renault is not good enough, and the BMW isn't available -- he has to stay with McLaren or go to Ferrari to have a shot at the WDC...

Williams, Red Bull and Toyota are putting together decent packages, but really, can you see Fernado Alonso moving from McLaren to the second tier? Then Hamilton's victory would be complete..

Fernando + Kimi @ Ferrari = Hamilton's doom.... oh wow what a team that would be..

If Alonso departs now instead at the end of season, will he carry over his WDC points? If yes,are the same deducted from McLaren's tally? If yes ,will they be added to the new team?

If Alonso departs now instead at the end of season, will he carry over his WDC points? If yes,are the same deducted from McLaren's tally? If yes ,will they be added to the new team?

Now there's a question. I'm sure McLaren's points would remain the same, and would not be transferred to another team. They are after all points which have been won in the McLaren car.

However if he transferred to another team I'd imagine he keeps his points tally. Perhaps someone with a better memory than me can recall when this has happened before?

He's a fine driver but is he a champion?

I say yes. He has the composure, is smart, fast and works hard, he's a talent. As a strong BMW fan I have been overly impressed by Nick. All reports on his persona point to a man who works extremely hard, so I would imagination his contribution to the BMW Sauber outfit will be rewarded and he will receive the drive.

Someone made mention as I had before about Piquet Jnr in a Renault next season. Be interesting to see if he has in fact received the nod. If not I see Piquet released for a drive at Toyota to replace Ralf Schumacher and Fernando back in a Renault (replacing Fisi) and Gary Paffett in a McLaren.