Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LabradoRacer

Hypothetical Question : If Alonso Departs From Mclaren...

I can see him at Renault next year. As a matter of fact, I guarantee he'll be there. To me, saying "I don't know" as to whether or not he'd consider staying with McLaren means that he wants out and won't come back unless he can't find work at Renault, Ferrari, or BMW.

But he's been there, done that at Renault, if he goes back it will just look like he's a quitter and wasnt up to the challange

Fernando + Kimi @ Ferrari = Hamilton's doom.... oh wow what a team that would be..

Alonso wouldnt handle it because Kimi is very good, and we all know how Alonso acts when he's outperformed

However if he transferred to another team I'd imagine he keeps his points tally. Perhaps someone with a better memory than me can recall when this has happened before?

Remember Trulli in 2004 switching from Renault to Toyota? The driver does keep his points tally. But if Alonso leaves he will throw away any hope of winning the WDC

But he's been there, done that at Renault, if he goes back it will just look like he's a quitter and wasnt up to the challange

Alonso wouldnt handle it because Kimi is very good, and we all know how Alonso acts when he's outperformed

I agree 100%

I know the reports in the media say that FA is allowed to look for another team but TBH I think he will stay at McLaren and if he doesn't I think he's crazy. Apart from Renault I don't think there are any other real options available next year. I think he needs to grit his teeth and show everyone what made him number one. He now knows how ruthless LH is and he has to overcome this by driving fast and being smart. I know it will be an up hill battle but I don't think he has any other option.

If he does leave, LH has a win,win situation.

Probably it'll seem he's a quitter, but possibly it can turn into too much of a challenge at some point... for example if McLaren consent what Hamilton did, because this way he'd have advantage over Alonso. Or something else, I don't want to start an argument over this again.

As to Alonso in Ferrari, I'd like to see it, but if Ferrari gives them equality and Hamilton is given everything he wants in McLaren then he would have it easy to beat them both, sadly.

If Alonso departs now instead at the end of season, will he carry over his WDC points? If yes,are the same deducted from McLaren's tally? If yes ,will they be added to the new team?

Yes he would retain his WDC points and McLaren would retain all the WCC points collected by him while driving for them.

Most recent example Sebastian Vettel.

He collected 1 WDC point Indianapolis while driving for BMW as a temporary substitute for Kubica who had not been giving the all clear to drive after his terrible accindent in Canada a week earlier.

He was recently was signed as a replacement for Speed by STR and retained his 1 point in the WDC.

They should talk about Hamilton and Dennis affair but they prefer to look somewhere else and go on with the anti Alonso campaign.

Go on, go on, go on...

I would love nothin more than to see my favourate driver in my favourate team... COMMON, Alonso to Bmw!!!

Today for the first time I read about Formula1 (that's to say, Alonso...) in a Spanish sport's newspaper, I think it was "Mundo Deportivo". They had 2 pages dedicated to Alonso leaving McLaren, McLaren being put in an awful light, and many words like unjust and disadvantage. They had another page about Hamilton "taking his mask off".

Well, if the newspapers are our most reliable sources about sports information, it's awful that they do this. They state facts, but they poison their news the way they want. I'm not oging to read there again, I think reading a thread on this forum is way better, and explains much more.

Today for the first time I read about Formula1 (that's to say, Alonso...) in a Spanish sport's newspaper, I think it was "Mundo Deportivo". They had 2 pages dedicated to Alonso leaving McLaren, McLaren being put in an awful light, and many words like unjust and disadvantage. They had another page about Hamilton "taking his mask off".

Well, if the newspapers are our most reliable sources about sports information, it's awful that they do this. They state facts, but they poison their news the way they want. I'm not oging to read there again, I think reading a thread on this forum is way better, and explains much more.

Well I'd say having pole taking away for something as petty as that is unjust and a massive disadvantage.

You should read the British papers if you want biased journalism... Did you know Lewis hamilton Doesn't pick his nose or fart!

I'd love it if he left now. The 'team' could then focus their efforts on the boy GOD

Oh you know what I'd like to see!

Jenson jump ship at Honda and trade places with Alonso and have two british drivers in a WDC car, let's see how ITV hold out with that one lol

I would love nothin more than to see my favourate driver in my favourate team... COMMON, Alonso to Bmw!!!

Yes Fernando Alonso and BMW would be great. But it would ruin any chance of winning this year's WDC. I think he has very few after what I saw at Hungaroring. FIA makes every WDC daring for FA.

Yes Fernando Alonso and BMW would be great. But it would ruin any chance of winning this year's WDC. I think he has very few after what I saw at Hungaroring. FIA makes every WDC daring for FA.

The only unfair decision on Alonso was at Monza last year. And that wasnt the FIA.

Dont live in denial and make petty excuses for Alonso. If he doesnt win this year its because he wasnt good enough. He even said exactly those words himself a couple of days ago.

Alonso surely wont leave before this season ends, that would be foolish! He's still very much in the title fight and we all want to see who ends up victorious!

Irrespective of whether Alonso stays or goes this year,this season's WDC is ruled out for him.

bulls##t...

The only unfair decision on Alonso was at Monza last year. And that wasnt the FIA.

Dont live in denial and make petty excuses for Alonso. If he doesnt win this year its because he wasnt good enough. He even said exactly those words himself a couple of days ago.

Alonso surely wont leave before this season ends, that would be foolish! He's still very much in the title fight and we all want to see who ends up victorious!

Yeah, you (and your beloved LH) are the only one who doesn

On Alonso's penalties:

Hungary 2006: Fair

Turkey 2006: Unfair, no good reason for the penalty

Mass Damper 2006: Unfair, they were legal for half a season, but then the WDC got boring, so to make it interesting they made the Renault suck.

Hungary 2007: Unfair, no good reason for the penalty

Irrespective of whether Alonso stays or goes this year,this season's WDC is ruled out for him.

I dunno about that. I still think he has the best shot, especially since he's pee'd off.

I dunno about that. I still think he has the best shot, especially since he's pee'd off.

I agree. Alonso+Anger=Uber Motivated. Alonso+Uber Motivated=Hamilton's worst nightmare.

Alonso has 2 advantages: clever and experienced. I see more tricks up Nando's sleeve, when he wants to win he's going to do all he can to win. If it was time for a gamble then (when he was 2 points out), it's more than time for a gamble now.

Yeah he's been my favourite for the title all season, and I still think he is most likely to win.

I agree. Alonso+Anger=Uber Motivated. Alonso+Uber Motivated=Hamilton's worst nightmare.

Alonso has 2 advantages: clever and experienced. I see more tricks up Nando's sleeve, when he wants to win he's going to do all he can to win. If it was time for a gamble then (when he was 2 points out), it's more than time for a gamble now.

I agree Eric. Alonso POed is a force to be reckoned with. When he gets frustrated he seems to push as hard as possible, and often makes mistakes because of it. However if it is not frustration but instead a pure, clean rage, then it will only serve to fuel his performance.

I think that with the issues at McLaren, they should STOP data sharing. That would be a big disadvantage to Lew Ham, and a reasonable punishment... if he doesn't want to play as a team with Alonso, then why should he get the advantages of riding alongside the WDC?

If they stop data sharing, Louie's 7 point margin will start to look awfully small.. Alonso could push as hard as he can in practice and quali to perfect his setup, without worrying about having to sandbag and prevent the clone from assimilating his setup, technique and his tricks..

I agree Eric. Alonso POed is a force to be reckoned with. When he gets frustrated he seems to push as hard as possible, and often makes mistakes because of it. However if it is not frustration but instead a pure, clean rage, then it will only serve to fuel his performance.

I think that with the issues at McLaren, they should STOP data sharing. That would be a big disadvantage to Lew Ham, and a reasonable punishment... if he doesn't want to play as a team with Alonso, then why should he get the advantages of riding alongside the WDC?

If they stop data sharing, Louie's 7 point margin will start to look awfully small.. Alonso could push as hard as he can in practice and quali to perfect his setup, without worrying about having to sandbag and prevent the clone from assimilating his setup, technique and his tricks..

Great post. Only problem is that if you are Alonso, do you trust that the info will not get to LH anyway. I mean, even Ferrari's information found its way to McLarenm how on earth do you control the flow of information within the team? The more i think about it, the more I am conviced Alonso needs out of the team.