Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LabradoRacer

Hypothetical Question : If Alonso Departs From Mclaren...

Where does he go to? Who'll take his place in McLaren?

I think it'll be Renault & Pedro de La Rosa respectively. It could very well mean curtains for Fisico.

On the chance he chooses not to see out the next 2 years at McLaren after this season I'd put him at BMW or back to Renault. Replaced by Kubica or Rosberg.
As a McLaren fan I hope he chooses to stay, he is the driver you least want in another team. Aside from that I've grown quite fond of him and his odd ways and huge eyebrows.

I haven't read anything concrete, but I came across an article a couple of days ago stipulating that Piquet Jnr is to take the Renault seat from next season. However, as stated it isn't concrete and you'd expect Alonso to take the seat of Fisi if he does move. Or possibly a Toyota seat? :o

Who do have seats open for next season?

Toyota, Renault, _________, _________

He wouldn't go to Toyota.

If Alonso leaves the possibilities are Renault, BMW, Ferrari.

And McLaren would simply fall in the craper again.

I think he has to go to Ferrari, a safer heaven from FIA punishment since FIA likes to pick him...

I thik Ferrari an Fernando Alonso would make a very good couple.

BMW-Sauber is another good choice for both.

And Renault is the place where we saw those happy days. Flav and Fer affair, oh it was so romantic.

I thik Ferrari an Fernando Alonso would make a very good couple.

BMW-Sauber is another good choice for both.

And Renault is the place where we saw those happy days. Flav and Fer affair, oh it was so romantic.

Ferrari would be a bad choice for Nando as he would face the same problem only this time it will be against Kimi as opposed to Lewis.

What Nando needs is a team that is explicitly prepared to offer him No1 status and effectively build the team around him. He needs a set up similar to that afforded to MS at Ferrari where he is able to veto team mates and create a team that is geared to his every success.

BMW would be a good move but I think a pairing with Kubica could be potentially problematic as he is very fast!

yeah i guess so...but Spyker is also searching for drivers :P

They already have Sutil. ;)

Ferrari would be a bad choice for Nando as he would face the same problem only this time it will be against Kimi as opposed to Lewis.

What Nando needs is a team that is explicitly prepared to offer him No1 status and effectively build the team around him. He needs a set up similar to that afforded to MS at Ferrari where he is able to veto team mates and create a team that is geared to his every success.

BMW would be a good move but I think a pairing with Kubica could be potentially problematic as he is very fast!

u mean to say that he will suffer whenever his team mate is fast like hamilton or kubica... :eusa_think:

IMO renault is the best for him. if he ever tries to leave McLaren, and toyota has some brains they should try to lure him to drive for them.

u mean there also he has will take driver no 2 spot? :naughty:

Sutil will never be a number 2 driver. Mark my words!

Hey it sounds like Ferrari.... (without KR) :rolleyes:

u mean to say that he will suffer whenever his team mate is fast like hamilton or kubica... :eusa_think:

IMO renault is the best for him. if he ever tries to leave McLaren, and toyota has some brains they should try to lure him to drive for them.

The ITV commentary team have mentioned on several occasions that Nando finds it extremely hard to deal with a faster team mate.

I agree if Renault can get back to winning ways then a return would be the best bet for him. If Flavio remains team principal nando will always have a sympathetic ear and he knows that Flavio is a friend and understands him.

I mentioned Toyota based on budget. You think about it, that is one team in the field that could do with a little spark.

Nando at Ferrari, no way, but than again I could never picture Kimi in red! But no, I very much doubt that as a possibility, lol.

As a BMW fan as well, I'd like and am eager to hear BMW retain Heidfeld alongside Kubica.

It won't be a probelm because Raikkonen likes fair play, the problem now is Hamilton and his dirty moves.

LH: I get an extra lap every Q3 or I get an extra lap every Q3.

RD: But you got your extra lap at Silverstone, it would not be fair if...

LH: Ok, ok. I will take first place at the pit lane and when q3 starts I let FA pass by.

And you still say it is because of Alonso's fears of Hamilton beating him. Open your eyes, it is Hamilton who was totally scared having Fernando Alonso only two points behind for the WDC.

Fernando Alonso did what he was told to do or McLaren would be very very ungry with him. They are not, they are ungry with your beloved. You are talking crap everytime you refer to Alonso.

The TV commentarys know nothing. Of course, its a challenge for every F1-driver, to have a fast team-mate.

Normally, Mr.Hamilton would not be the problem- though he was this time.

The problem is the constant mobbing at MCM for Fernando. Don't expect any "commentary" on the media about this.

Another problem could be the very strict internal rules at MCM, which he wasn't used to- and which i think, he could not really adept to. Like them wanting to have not only one, but a pair of two nicely trained robots.

But it can't be done with someone like Fernando. Wether someone likes him or not, he is a strong character- a lion.

I think he learned a lot there, but now its time for him to go. And the reason, i assure you, is not Mr.Hamilton being faster than him- sometimes.

Well you don't have to believe me. Just flame away, i don't mind. I know what i know.

And by the way, Fernando and Robert are good friends.

When he joined MCM, he knew that he would not have that "No.1-status". MCM never do that. If that was a problem, why should he sign that contract?

Sometimes i wish, people would think a bit before they jump to conclusions...

I just dont get it!

I've been watching F1 for 20+ years and still dont see what the problem is other than Lewis deliberately disobeying a team order - I cant see how Nando was disadvantaged as he had the opportunity to post a lap and denied Lewis from doing the same.

Perhaps, the team should rephrase their statement to read that the team mates had agreed that Alonso would take pole and Lewis went against this.

When the team made a mistake and caused a very serious accident for Lewis, he didn't moan or complain - He just got on with it and made several mistakes which ultimately cost him 10 points of his lead to Nando.

I reckon Renault will be a good place for him. Partnering heikki.

And no Mclaren wont fall if alonso leaves. This team has been around for ages, this is not a team built around alonso or hamilton. The team itself is a good team, but the management is poor and two ultra competitive drivers is not going to help.

What hamilton did was unsporting and it just shows he is c#cky at the moment. A young lad who took the world by storm on his debut formula one year is bound to be a bit c#cky. He is a young lad who needs guidance, that's all.

I've been watching F1 for 20+ years and still dont see what the problem is other than Lewis deliberately disobeying a team order - I cant see how Nando was disadvantaged as he had the opportunity to post a lap and denied Lewis from doing the same.

Ok, if you have been watching F1 for 20+ years and still don't see a problem... I can only laugh at you. I see you still, after 20+ years, do not understand Q3, how fuel weight penalize you for the pole, etc...

The extra lap is your safety to post a faster lap than your team mate. That's why it should not always be for Hamilton. This is known everywhere in the world.

Pole gives you 70% of the victory on Sunday. This is known everywhere in the world. That's why Hamilton was scared about Alonso having the extra lap.

Hamilton is a bad looser, and I reassert that everything you talk about Fernando Alonso is crap. Now add that most of your comments about F1 are crap.

Ok, if you have been watching F1 for 20+ years and still don't see a problem... I can only laugh at you. I see you still, after 20+ years, do not understand Q3, how fuel weight penalize you for the pole, etc...

The extra lap is your safety to post a faster lap than your team mate. That's why it should not always be for Hamilton. This is known everywhere in the world.

Pole gives you 70% of the victory on Sunday. This is known everywhere in the world. That's why Hamilton was scared about Alonso having the extra lap.

Fair enough, I see your point. Pity the stewards didn't share your point of view. Alonso was proved to be a liar and a cheat and punished accordingly. All Lewis got was a slap on the wrist, the victory and a 7 point cushion.

I know which one I would prefer.

;)

Hamilton is a bad looser, and I reassert that everything you talk about Fernando Alonso is crap. Now add that most of your comments about F1 are crap.

Agreed to this one as hungaroring is one of the few circuits where overtaking is very hard...so that might be the reason for hamilton to be scared of alonso....