Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pumpdoc

The One And Only Mclaren Contraversy Thread

So then lets talk about Formula 1 and stop arguing about cr@p (me included)... So far every post Yourself and MooseFace have posted in here is about your infatuations with myself, And although I am flattered, please let's get back to topic.

Looks like we have just agreed again on another subject ;)

Right back to topic, since its about Macca lets talk about them now pushing the appeal for the points lost at last weekends race, you think they have a leg to stand on? I mean if the Stewards have hard evidence that McLaren where trying to fabricate there version of the story to get them out of trouble would that not then go againts there appeal?

Looks like we have just agreed again on another subject ;)

Ok fair enough ^_^

Right back to topic, since its about Macca lets talk about them now pushing the appeal for the points lost at last weekends race, you think they have a leg to stand on? I mean if the Stewards have hard evidence that McLaren where trying to fabricate there version of the story to get them out of trouble would that not then go againts there appeal?

Honestly I think the FIA will be too 'proud' to go back on their initial decision...

It's almost as though taking away Mclaren's points this past wkend is their way of saying to Ferrari, "Here's some consolation on the Stepneygate saga".

I agree that the FIA wont overturn there decision. It's harsh because I dont think they deserved to lose them points. They were punished by the grid change and didn't need further. It will make things look akward if McLaren end up with more constructors points that Ferrari come the end of the season but lose the title due to them deducted points.

Honestly, children! You're all starting to sound like Fernando and Lewis! Let's be honest - both drivers have great talent and skill, and BOTH drivers behaved stupidly this past weekend. If Dennis truly had control of the team, he should have called up his test driver and parking valet to drive (since McC wouldn't receive Constructor's points anyway), and sent the spoilt children (BOTH OF THEM) back to Woking to write "I will show respect and courtesy to my team and teammates that my seven figure salary should dictate" 100,000 times on a whiteboard. :lol:

Note, FIA and Stewards both two different rulling bodys.

The FIA can over rule the Stewards points action McLaren if they feel the stewards had gone too far, unless the FIA believe Ron and Co where fabricating there storys to keep the slap around the wrist from coming.

I doubt that it will be made public even if he is. I'm wondering just how much this has damaged his relationship with Ron. Particularly after the investment that has been made in the boy. Ron and Fernando can be fixed. Not sure about Ron and Lewis.

Having read the posts here

"Xenna gets Alonso to put Wez over his knees and to give him a right good spanking" :cardR:

Since we are one the topic, can anybody explain to me why McLaren could appeal the decision against the team but could not appeal the decision against Alonso? Just don't get it.

Since we are one the topic, can anybody explain to me why McLaren could appeal the decision against the team but could not appeal the decision against Alonso? Just don't get it.

From a common sense approach it's probably because it is a grid position penalty and so the time frame does not allow it to be appealed.

I doubt that it will be made public even if he is. I'm wondering just how much this has damaged his relationship with Ron. Particularly after the investment that has been made in the boy. Ron and Fernando can be fixed. Not sure about Ron and Lewis.

The relationship with Lewis if anything should be stronger than the one that Ron has with Fernando. Lewis needs to pay some respect to Ron and what he has done for him to get him to this position. Lewis being level heading and a well grounded sort of person I believe will get over the this hiccup with Ron and move on.

Ron really has failed his team by not seeing this potential problem a little while back and taking the steps to try and stop what has happened from happening. Ron through old age or something has lost his touch in driver management, he was awesome at controling Senna and Prost back in the late 80's. He claimed to the world that he would be able to extract the best from Juan Pablo Montoya but that clearly didn't happen with the spilt we all remember so well after the American GP of 06.

I hope that Ron can patch up the relationships with both of these surpremely talented drivers. Because we the fans will be treated to years of great racing between these two, in the same team.

Does anyone know if Hamilton will be punished by the team?

Yes, Hamilton will get no redbull cans for the next two races. During the race weekends, he has to go to Spyker to have his breakfast or he has to eat Oatmeal with Ron (no sugar added). Then for physical training program, he has to wash all the Mclaren Merc transportation trucks, Merc Actros by himself. He just recieved an aditional two weeks after he was caught p**sing inside Alonso's car's fuel tank which was parked in one of those trucks.

The relationship with Lewis if anything should be stronger than the one that Ron has with Fernando. Lewis needs to pay some respect to Ron and what he has done for him to get him to this position. Lewis being level heading and a well grounded sort of person I believe will get over the this hiccup with Ron and move on.

Ron really has failed his team by not seeing this potential problem a little while back and taking the steps to try and stop what has happened from happening. Ron through old age or something has lost his touch in driver management, he was awesome at controling Senna and Prost back in the late 80's. He claimed to the world that he would be able to extract the best from Juan Pablo Montoya but that clearly didn't happen with the spilt we all remember so well after the American GP of 06.

I hope that Ron can patch up the relationships with both of these surpremely talented drivers. Because we the fans will be treated to years of great racing between these two, in the same team.

Amen!

You do know that this is motor sport, right? I'm sure there are websites for group hugs, love-in's and cuddling. Let battle commence and bring back some much needed flavour into the sport. All this worry because two guys are going hammer and tong is making my ears bleed.

It's so indicative of our over analytical world.

TBH Lewis shouldn't really be bothered if he has hurt Ron's feelings by expressing his opinions when he thought Alonso's actions were a deliberate ploy by Ron. Name one driver that would have reacted any differently in that situation.

Lewis knows that winning a WDC is the be all and end all and will catapult him into superstar status. Look at the likes of Hill, Jones, Rosberg, Mansell, Piquet, Senna, Nando etc etc. Once you win a WDC, even just one, you become an F1 star for ever! It is such a big deal that Lewis will and should do everything to get ahead.

How much did the shenanigans of the European GP affect his thinking - A mistake by the team cost him poll position and a bruised head, from that point onwards he was always chasing the day and ended up making numerous mistakes as a result. For those that say he was given the benefit of the extra lap at the European GP, what extra lap? he crashed and the seesion was stopped for an eternity during which time Alonso's strategy would have been changed to take advantage of Lewis' mishap. In one fell swoop Lewis lost 10 points of his lead and I'm sure he partly blamed the team.

Lewis was wrong I agree, but his actions were understandable given the events that had preceded it. When he realised that he had made a mistake he apologised to Ron privately and publicly - When have you seen an F1 driver make such a public

apology.

JPM told the entire Williams team where to go and never apologised publicly.

TBH Lewis shouldn't really be bothered if he has hurt Ron's feelings by expressing his opinions when he thought Alonso's actions were a deliberate ploy by Ron. Name one driver that would have reacted any differently in that situation.

Lewis knows that winning a WDC is the be all and end all and will catapult him into superstar status. Look at the likes of Hill, Jones, Rosberg, Mansell, Piquet, Senna, Nando etc etc. Once you win a WDC, even just one, you become an F1 star for ever! It is such a big deal that Lewis will and should do everything to get ahead.

How much did the shenanigans of the European GP affect his thinking - A mistake by the team cost him poll position and a bruised head, from that point onwards he was always chasing the day and ended up making numerous mistakes as a result. For those that say he was given the benefit of the extra lap at the European GP, what extra lap? he crashed and the seesion was stopped for an eternity during which time Alonso's strategy would have been changed to take advantage of Lewis' mishap. In one fell swoop Lewis lost 10 points of his lead and I'm sure he partly blamed the team.

Lewis was wrong I agree, but his actions were understandable given the events that had preceded it. When he realised that he had made a mistake he apologised to Ron privately and publicly - When have you seen an F1 driver make such a public

apology.

JPM told the entire Williams team where to go and never apologised publicly.

Here's one who seems to think he wouldn't.

http://www.totalf1.com/view-article.php?newsid=221436

Lewis Hamilton - Times on line

If one is in a team and reads comments like these compared to those attributable to Nando, who would you gravitate towards. Alonso is negative while Lewis is positive.

:eusa_think:

watever mate.. :mellow:

This is great. I love a good toe to toe rivalry and its even better when its team-mates. Anyone who thinks this is bad is following the wrong sport and needs to head over to thesportofchess.com ;)

I see this getting a lock when Pumpdoc comes on.......

Lewis likes to act nice and whatnot in the media, but it's all just some nice words and a show. You show your true self by doing, not taking, and he did that by not playing fair in Hungary.

I see this getting a lock when Pumpdoc comes on.......

Lewis likes to act nice and whatnot in the media, but it's all just some nice words and a show. You show your true self by doing, not taking, and he did that by not playing fair in Hungary.

Welcome to the sport of F1. You have to be media savvy as well as race savvy. Hamilton knows it, Alonso knows it and both go with it.

You do know that this is motor sport, right? I'm sure there are websites for group hugs, love-in's and cuddling. Let battle commence and bring back some much needed flavour into the sport. All this worry because two guys are going hammer and tong is making my ears bleed.

It's so indicative of our over analytical world.

well said dribbler! :clap3:

An expert's opinion.

Hamilton has Alonso rattled, says Hakkinen

CARACAS, Aug 9, 2007 (AFP) - Former world champion Mika Hakkinen says the competition provided by Lewis Hamilton has current world champion Fernando Alonso rattled.

The pair are team-mates at McLaren Mercedes but Spaniard Alonso is said to be not speaking to Hamilton after a series of incidents between the pair in the Briton