Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pumpdoc

The One And Only Mclaren Contraversy Thread

That's very interesting coming for Mika as he is very close to the Mclaren/Mercedes heirachy -

Yes, that's why it is nonsense and crap.

Yes, that's why it is nonsense and crap.

hahahaha, thats hilerious. If it was posted the other way round backing Alonso you probably would have been the one that posted it. Hakkinen's opinion isn't nonsence and crap, it's his opinion. You might not like it but thats to bad. Again your kind of response shows you have yet to remove them 'The World is anti-Fernando' tinted shades.

Former world champion Mika Hakkinen says the competition provided by Lewis Hamilton has current world champion Fernando Alonso rattled.

Alonso is said to be not speaking to Hamilton after a series of incidents between the pair in the Briton's rookie season.

"Fernando Alonso is the double world champion while Lewis Hamilton has just started his career but he has already caused him a number of worries, something that Fernando is struggling to accept," said the Finn.

Hakkinen, who is in Caracas as part of a campaign against drinking and flying, says the blame lies entirely with Alonso rather than the team.

"(McLaren) treat both drivers equally (but Alonso) just can't accept such strong competition from a novice," added Hakkinen.

Source Link

I agree with Mikka.

I just read two Interesting articles from ITVs web site, no doubt they will be published on other sites too including TotalF1.

The first was regarding LH swearing incedent and RD stating that he never swore at him and said the media fabricated the entire thing.

The second story was that LH and FA are now talking to each other and are not at war with each other lol, oh and they are also going to meet up during the holiday break... How sweet ;)

There is an article in this week's Autosport that appears to lay the blame for the fiasco squarely on Nando's shoulders - It claims that there was sufficient time for both Lewis and Nando to complete 12 laps and that Nando was not able to get the best out of the tyres compared to Lewis - The article uses the Ferrari example in which Kimi was able to complete 12 laps and was effectively running behind Nando on track if he had been released.

All told it surmises that Nando knew that Lewis would have taken the pole and the advantage for the race on a track notorious for it's lack of overtaking opportunities. It points to the fuel burning fiasco as another attempt by Nando to obsucre the main issue - His lack of pace compared to Lewis.

Others that have read the article will no doubt chip in further.

Any one read what dear old Eddie Irvine had to say about LH?

You can read it that the ITV f1 site, he states that he was disgusted with what LH had said to RD and did not give any respect to anyone who speaks

to there team boss that way...

Now that a statement has come out from McLaren stateing that LH did not swear at RD I bet he feels a bit of a twit of believing fabricated storys from the press...

.....................and you believe McLaren? :roll::roll::roll:

There is an article in this week's Autosport that appears to lay the blame for the fiasco squarely on Nando's shoulders - It claims that there was sufficient time for both Lewis and Nando to complete 12 laps and that Nando was not able to get the best out of the tyres compared to Lewis - The article uses the Ferrari example in which Kimi was able to complete 12 laps and was effectively running behind Nando on track if he had been released.

All told it surmises that Nando knew that Lewis would have taken the pole and the advantage for the race on a track notorious for it's lack of overtaking opportunities. It points to the fuel burning fiasco as another attempt by Nando to obsucre the main issue - His lack of pace compared to Lewis.

Others that have read the article will no doubt chip in further.

OF course Alonso knew that Hamilton could win the pole if he got the last run in. This is no different then Hamilton knowing Alonso would have the pole if he ran last. That is why Hamilton disobeyed team orders and tried to get the final run of the day in. Both the drivers and the team know that whoever runs last will most likely be on pole!!!!!!!

The Mclaren team, in trying to be fair to both drivers, has been alternating who gets the last "kick at the cat" In this qualifying session it was Alonso's turn, and the issue that has caused the fuss was that Hamilton tried to upset this, by getting in the final run.

From your posts it seems like you maybe don't understand the reason for Alonso's anger? Image being the world champion, and the team is saying that both drivers will be treated equal in the their opportunities(a situation you have been going along with) and you are few points behind your team mate, but it is your turn to get the last qualifying lap in and you know that if you start from pole the chances are you are going to be tied for WDC by the end of the race, and then your team mate ignores the team orders and tries to get the last lap advantaged on you and steal your pole. Do you not think you might be a little angry by this turn of events.??????

Both these guys are really good. Chances are who ever runs the last qualifying lap will start on pole. To be fair to both drivers then you must allow them equal opportunity for the last run of the day. Hamilton suddenly decided on his own that he doesn't like this idea any more. This is the real issue, and I am not sure you picked that up in this altercation between the two????

I personally am amazed that Alonso didn't have the last lap qualifying advantage spelled out in his contract. I guess he was confident that he didn't need any advantage. I guess this shows how good Hamilton is. Bottom line in my opinion though, is Hamilton is shrewd, and couldn't have picked a better time too "forget" it was Alonso's turn to have the last run of the day. Had Alonso not been penalized the victory would have been his and I think they would have been tied in the points race. Hamilton's action , combined with the stewards reaction really screwed over Alonso. at a critical time in the championship. Again I think Hamilton is as cunning as his driving ability.

You Hamilton fans don't see the unfairness in your boys actions, and blame everything on Alonso. It just doesn't make sense. Of course ITV and that bum nugget, James Alan aren't smart enough to look at the complete picture, and only can crow on about the unfairness of Alonso, blocking poor Hamilton.

You Hamilton fans don't see the unfairness in your boys actions, and blame everything on Alonso. It just doesn't make sense. Of course ITV and that bum nugget, James Alan aren't smart enough to look at the complete picture, and only can crow on about the unfairness of Alonso, blocking poor Hamilton.

I've always enjoyed your post's in the past, you're very technically astute, but this one-sided bias cutesy Alonso trash you been dishing out lately is starting to work on my nerves. No matter what happened b4, it's Alonso who was a complete idiot holding up Lewis in the pits. Better driver's would have shrugged Lewis disobedience off and do his talking on track!

YHR thats all fair points indeed, I mean if what you say is "Factual" truth then we can all sleep at night knowing it was all Hamiltons fault...

But sadly a lot of the story thats come from the McLaren team has been fabricated more times then we can actually count, the press add there little bits in the UK and so do the the Spanish press...

What we end up with is every ones storys getting all mixed up, now we get to the point of, who do we believe?

I believe none, I feel all of the guys have lied and fabricated there storys to get out of crap here, I think its now time to move on and get on with the next race.

I've always enjoyed your post's in the past, you're very technically astute, but this one-sided bias cutesy Alonso trash you been dishing out lately is starting to work on my nerves. No matter what happened b4, it's Alonso who was a complete idiot holding up Lewis in the pits. Better driver's would have shrugged Lewis disobedience off and do his talking on track!

I don't think I have been one sided at all. I am just doing my best to counter "Hamilton is a God" flavour of this forum. Hamilton is a great Driver, but he tried to pull a fast one here, and it is if people just ignore the main issue and only focus on the unfairess of Alonso's block. Throw away the history of the season, and the fairness that the team has been trying to uphold, and only focus on the Alonso block of Hamilton. Maybe that is OK for some of you, but I am not in that camp. Sorry if it annoys you.

YHR thats all fair points indeed, I mean if what you say is "Factual" truth then we can all sleep at night knowing it was all Hamiltons fault...

But sadly a lot of the story thats come from the McLaren team has been fabricated more times then we can actually count, the press add there little bits in the UK and so do the the Spanish press...

What we end up with is every ones storys getting all mixed up, now we get to the point of, who do we believe?

I believe none, I feel all of the guys have lied and fabricated there storys to get out of crap here, I think its now time to move on and get on with the next race.

Agreed, I am getting tired of this as well. Unfortunately we have a three week lull in the action and there won't be much else to talk about!!!!!!!

I don't think I have been one sided at all. I am just doing my best to counter "Hamilton is a God" flavour of this forum. Hamilton is a great Driver, but he tried to pull a fast one here, and it is if people just ignore the main issue and only focus on the unfairess of Alonso's block. Throw away the history of the season, and the fairness that the team has been trying to uphold, and only focus on the Alonso block of Hamilton. Maybe that is OK for some of you, but I am not in that camp. Sorry if it annoys you.

Couldn't agree more. But have you seen the latest? Now Hamilton claims that he is going to meet up with Aloso over their summer break???? And McLaren comes out with a public statement addressing what happened last weekend???? I am sorry but Hamilton and McLaren have lost all credibility. Hamilton in particular has suffered great damage to his public image and he is trying address it no matter what. Once again: pathetic. Again, I have to side with Alonso here who has left on vacation and has no mentioned a word. He should keep it that way and allow Hamilton and McLaren make a fools out of themselves.... lol

Yes, well said Brad. So Alonso did what Lewis did to him, and Ron has clearly said that both the guys were to blame. Unfortunately poor Alonso was caught red handed! :lol: Pity his some of his fans! <_<

Yes, well said Brad. So Alonso did what Lewis did to him, and Ron has clearly said that both the guys were to blame. Unfortunately poor Alonso was caught red handed! :lol: Pity his some of his fans! <_<

Tunnel Vision

Better driver's would have shrugged Lewis disobedience off and do his talking on track!

Funny it was Alonso who talked on track, and Hamilton the one that talked to the stewards!

I wonder if you take Hamilton's disobedience but you hate Alonso blocking him.

It was a masterly lesson for Hamilton, from both Alonso and McLaren, that FIA did not like for his Golden Boy. And now we have to read Hamilton saying how much he loves Alonso. Hypocrite again.

P.S.- I see how good Hamilton is, I am not blind. But this WDC is going to be decided by very small details all of which are playing in Hamilton's favour so far.

Well one detail that is not small is the fact that Lewis benefits from having Nando in the team! I hope that Lewis wins of course, but frankly Alonso is the best driver in the world and he deserves it. I still think Alonso is the favourite, but it's getting close now.

Well one detail that is not small is the fact that Lewis benefits from having Nando in the team! I hope that Lewis wins of course, but frankly Alonso is the best driver in the world and he deserves it. I still think Alonso is the favourite, but it's getting close now.

On that we agree. I think Hamilton is for real. This was a very cunning trick he pulled with perfect timing. Something I would have expected from Schmaucher, but not a rookie. Put it all together and Hamilton may in fact be the best driver to come along in a long while. Next year will tell the story for sure. A sophomore year like his rookie year and we may have a new king.

Funny it was Alonso who talked on track, and Hamilton the one that talked to the stewards!

I wonder if you take Hamilton's disobedience but you hate Alonso blocking him.

It was a masterly lesson for Hamilton, from both Alonso and McLaren, that FIA did not like for his Golden Boy. And now we have to read Hamilton saying how much he loves Alonso. Hypocrite again.

P.S.- I see how good Hamilton is, I am not blind. But this WDC is going to be decided by very small details all of which are playing in Hamilton's favour so far.

But, did I dream that it was actually Hamilton who won? :unsure:

Yeah! Both of them disobeyed and paid for it. They both put their team into mess. Oh I forgot that for you Alonso is the God of perfection.

I wonder what do you mean by saying that it was a masterly lesson, because everyone knows that it was Alonso who was the big loser during the last race.

And one more thing please. Hamilton never said he loves Alonso. Why do you manipulate things?

On that we agree. I think Hamilton is for real. This was a very cunning trick he pulled with perfect timing. Something I would have expected from Schmaucher, but not a rookie. Put it all together and Hamilton may in fact be the best driver to come along in a long while. Next year will tell the story for sure. A sophomore year like his rookie year and we may have a new king.

I guess it depends how he handles the pressure of expectation. No matter what the outcome this year I think he's going to be a favourite next year, and he won't have the excuse of being a rookie if he makes mistakes.

Despite everything that's gone on, I'd love to see Alonso stay at McLaren and give us another great championship next year. Either that or at Ferrari with Kimi. I just hope he doesn't end up back at Renault, since IMO their downhill slide has not been purely because of Alonso's departure. BMW are on the rise but I doubt they'll be quite championship material by next year.

The thing is hamilton fans are blaming alonso while alonso fans are blaming hamilton. For me, the two of them are as cunning and good as each other. So let them slice each other's throat through the media and on the track, may the best and the most cunning wins. :D

And one more thing please. Hamilton never said he loves Alonso. Why do you manipulate things?

I know he didn't say that he loved Alonso, but it was no too far from that. It was posted on McLaren's web page which makes me think it has been suggested by the team to show a very polite Hamilton. There is no need for lies, drivers should show their real feelings or just be quiet.

The thing is hamilton fans are blaming alonso while alonso fans are blaming hamilton.

I think we, Alonso's fans, are blaming FIA more than Hamilton but we just have seen Hamilton's real face and not just because he didn't let pass Alonso but because of the insults to Ron Dennis and then he talked to the stewards to make them penalize his team.

The thing is hamilton fans are blaming alonso while alonso fans are blaming hamilton. For me, the two of them are as cunning and good as each other. So let them slice each other's throat through the media and on the track, may the best and the most cunning wins. :D

I agree. For the record the only people I blame are the stewards getting involved in the "team" matter. In my opinion they had to peel back layers of verbage and almost take things out of context to come up with something that they could use to penalize Alonso, which ruined his chance of winning against a very talented Hamilton in equal equipment.

The Mclaren team will be able to argue successfully that Alonso was in his pit box, and Hamilton had a clear unobstructed path to the racng line and circuit, therefore Alonso was not blocking, and Hamiltons hold-up is completely a team c#ck up and nothing more. They will get their contructors points back and in the end, only Alonso will have been hurt by what happened.

When it is all said and done we will be left with an unfounded peanlty being applied to Alonso, that does not allow any restitution to the party harmed.

IN short The stewards actions sucked, and this action will leave a tarnish on the WDC. Should Hamilton win the championship there will be those of us who feel this stewards decision was wrong and unjustly penalized Alonso at a crucial time in the championship run. Too Bad for F1

I know he didn't say that he loved Alonso, but it was no too far from that. It was posted on McLaren's web page which makes me think it has been suggested by the team to show a very polite Hamilton. There is no need for lies, drivers should show their real feelings or just be quiet.

I think we, Alonso's fans, are blaming FIA more than Hamilton but we just have seen Hamilton's real face and not just because he didn't let pass Alonso but because of the insults to Ron Dennis and then he talked to the stewards to make them penalize his team.

some times I ignore your post my friend. It is because they have no base. Bring out the facts and present it here as the evidence for your claims, then you will enjoy much more respect like few senior members do.

The press keeps asking both of them for answers and they need to answer, Mclaren is not a team like Ferrari and will never be. For example, Micheal used to get away by saying "no comments" when ever the press questioned his antics.

Secondly, I am sure you are making the last part of your post (marked in red).

It was Mclaren's fault for not giving both of them equal strategies.

Alonso is no different from Hamilton after he did the same thing back, and that shows Alonso's face too. So its even now, why do you keep ranting?

There is no proof for you or anyone else who claims that Hamilton insulted Ron specifically.

Both the drivers insulted this great sport. You say Hamilton was the one who convinced Stewards to penalize Alonso and team? If you are saying that, this shows how narrowminded some people can be.

You say Hamilton has to show his true feelings, so what do you exactly propose? Should he create a new rap singles which features lyrics ranting about Alonso?