Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DriftingGuy

Which Driver, Past Or Present Would You Not Like To Get Into A Car With

As for me, I'd say it would have to be Gilles Villeneuve. I think it was Nigel Roebuck of Autosport magazine who said that whenever he got into a car with GV, he would have his eyes closed all the way.

As for me, I'd say it would have to be Gilles Villeneuve. I think it was Nigel Roebuck of Autosport magazine who said that whenever he got into a car with GV, he would have his eyes closed all the way.

Yeah GV is a good pick, there was an article in F1 magazine, from May I believe, talking about GV's driving.. how he would fly through the french country roads with JV standing up in the back seat holding on to the front headrests...

The person being interviewed for the article was often a passenger along those trips, and he recalled being much more scared than little Jacques. So take note, if you want to raise a WDC, you have to desensitize him to speed and the fear of crashing at a very early age =)

Yuji Ide. Do I need to explain anymore?

Now Ide is someone I wouldn't want to find myself driving *next to*

Senna falls into that category, too... Particularly if I'm in Japan...

I don't like my odds with Senna in Japan...

It would have to be Duncan Hamilton. Anyone who drives (and admittedly wins) the 24 hour at LeMans while smashed out of his brains probably doesn't have that strong a will to live.

I don't know why you wouldn't want to ride with Gilles. That would just be amazing to get to not only watch but to feel one of the great driving geniuses at work. I really can't say that there are any drivers with whom I wouldn't ride. Too much fun could be had

Definitely Schumi. He will lose control at 10mph on street circult like Monaco.

That actually made me laugh. Now go back to normal so that i can once again throw things at my monitor.

I wouldn't get in with Anthony Davidson or Heidfeld. They would kill you through boredom. Kubica wins it though, by a nose.

Ricardo Rosset. Thus guy spun his car at Monaco in the dry and found the car to be facing the wrong direction but that can happen to anyone.

What makes him "special" is that he then tried to spin his car 180 degrees to continue his lap but insted ended up making mattters worse.

He lost control of the spin and spun off again.

When he tried to put the car in reverse he realised his car was now stuck between a wall and a tirebarrier. :controller:

Christijan Albers without doubt gets my vote.

Reason: He would drive off for no good reason whilst you where half way through refueling the car before the drive had even started, only to leave you standing at the servo calling him on his mobile to tell him to pull over because half of the fuel bowser / rig is still hanging off the bloody car.

Idiot!!

My avatar says it all...

(thought it said "would like to" )

so......

therefore I, too, choose monza gorilla's mum :D

Presently if it was a joy ride, Kimi. With the quiet demeanor, I have no doubt there is a little devil on both shoulders.

That actually made me laugh. Now go back to normal so that i can once again throw things at my monitor.

I wouldn't get in with Anthony Davidson or Heidfeld. They would kill you through boredom. Kubica wins it though, by a nose.

Very good! :clap3:

I'm not saying I wouldn't go, cus i really would like to, but it would really scary me going w Nick. He once said he likes to choose two points, like 'from here to that house' for example, and speed car like crazy until he gets there :S:S I'd prefer someone calmer, so I'd probably choose a Trulli or something like this to go w me hehe :D

The guy I'd really NOT join would be Katayama... He made me afraid of driving for a life :S I really think he could b Ide's father or something like this...

My mum.

I seriously wouldn't get in a car with my sister driving. She does 10 mph in a 35 mph zone and screams about how scared she is that she'll lose control. Which is why she still lives with my mum, who drives her everywhere. In 10 years of having a liscense, she's never gone on the highway.

We got the opposite genes, it seems. She'll get her liscense pulled for driving too slow, and I'll get mine pulled for driving too fast.

:clap3:

And Eric: shouldn't we just say all women? :P

And Eric: shouldn't we just say all women? :P

:lol::lol:

I remember always getting p**sed when I was younger and living with my mom because everytime she went on the highway she'd go 5 mph under the speed limit in the right lane (slow lane) and would never get out of it. The day I turned 16.5, I never got in a car with her again.

Yeah I can imagine. I'm glad to hear that you don't let Erin do much driving, presumably for the safety of all concerned. :P

Yeah I can imagine. I'm glad to hear that you don't let Erin do much driving, presumably for the safety of all concerned. :P

:lol: That's why she will never get another car from me besides the Mazda3 she already has. Everything else is waaay too powerful for her!

Actually, she's probably the best female driver I've seen, which really doesn't say much.

My stepmum. I've never met anyone who can do so much damage to a set of tyres in a car with less than 100 bhp.

Her + dad used to live about 1 1/2 miles up this road which was the only way to get to the house (anyone here familiar with Conyer Road?) Almost every time she drove down this road she spun the car, for the first week or so. Which is impressive considering she had to drive it once a day, at least - and there are only 4/5 significant corners! Luckily for her there are plentiful patches of grass either side, so the Corolla just had to be degreened before carrying on. Dad never actually found out, as far as we know.

That has scarred me for life. Never again! :lol: