Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KIMI_TO_WIN

Lewis Trained At The Same School As George Bush?

Has anyone else noticed Hamiltons back patting and other 'power' body language gestures normally used by world leaders?

Each time he is on the podium he back slaps the other drivers. A few races back Kimi and Alonso turned thier backs on him a gave each other a knowing look. ie Who does this f**king guy think he is!

At the last race the back-slapping continued, like Bush does to reinforce his dominance and the response from Kimi wass met with a frosty glare!

His fondness for back slapping and power hand shakes has obviously been drilled into him by motivational and body language experts... It is uncomfortable to watch, but the idea is, it rattles other drivers and makes Lewis appear even more control and dominant than he already is!

Lewis also tried to placed is hand on the small of Kimi's back when walking through to the podium, which also tries to show dominence, but Kimi wouldnt allow it.

In the last 11 races every time Lewis has been on the podium the back patting, dominate hand shaking (dominate persons hand is on top and arm outstretched) and smuh smile carries on. Im not a Lewis hater by any means, I want him to do well, after all im British! But I think it is interesting that even down to small details like this, he has had training. Ron has covered everything!

After all, can you really think of another driver that congratulates the other drivers first for coming second and third? It is always the other way round -except Lewis!!

Bets are out to see who will be the first person to lose it with Lewis the next time he gives a two-time world champion a back pat for a runners up place behind him! My money is split between the bad-temperd Spanard and the icey cool Finn. Who just might defrost!

Very good points there. Lewis comes across as someone that has a had a lot of mental coaching. If it wins him the WDC, fair play to him - You are right in highlighting Kimi's lack of interest, perhaps he has picked it up too.

Has anyone else noticed Hamiltons back patting and other 'power' body language gestures normally used by world leaders?

Each time he is on the podium he back slaps the other drivers. A few races back Kimi and Alonso turned thier backs on him a gave each other a knowing look. ie Who does this f**king guy think he is!

At the last race the back-slapping continued, like Bush does to reinforce his dominance and the response from Kimi wass met with a frosty glare!

His fondness for back slapping and power hand shakes has obviously been drilled into him by motivational and body language experts... It is uncomfortable to watch, but the idea is, it rattles other drivers and makes Lewis appear even more control and dominant than he already is!

Lewis also tried to placed is hand on the small of Kimi's back when walking through to the podium, which also tries to show dominence, but Kimi wouldnt allow it.

In the last 11 races every time Lewis has been on the podium the back patting, dominate hand shaking (dominate persons hand is on top and arm outstretched) and smuh smile carries on. Im not a Lewis hater by any means, I want him to do well, after all im British! But I think it is interesting that even down to small details like this, he has had training. Ron has covered everything!

After all, can you really think of another driver that congratulates the other drivers first for coming second and third? It is always the other way round -except Lewis!!

Bets are out to see who will be the first person to lose it with Lewis the next time he gives a two-time world champion a back pat for a runners up place behind him! My money is split between the bad-temperd Spanard and the icey cool Finn. Who just might defrost!

Yeah! Good post! I didn't read it until now as it sounded like another pointless Hamilton-bashing thread. But in fact you're spot on. I've noticed the same thing. It's very funny and also clever. Lewis is always aware of his body language, especially when he realises the cameras are on. Does this remind anyone else of a certain M Schumacher? Lewis just takes it even further imho.

Lewis does have very different body language than a lot of the other drivers. When Lewis scores a podium, he's always smiling and looking proud and content, as where Fernando looks depressed and angered with anything but first.

It is nice to see Lewis enjoying F1 and realizing how fortunate he is to be there. It's a very different mindset, and though it isn't the kind that makes me like a driver, it is a bit refreshing. I root for Alonso because of his passion and intensity, but I do like to see it when a driver, such as Lewis, actually realizes that this is just a sport.

but I do like to see it when a driver, such as Lewis, actually realizes that this is just a sport.

Quoi? Did I read that right? Did you really mean to say that Lewis realises that this is just a sport? In my not so learned opinion, I think he thinks that F1 is the meaning his existence, and not just a sport.

And as for the power backslapping, power handshaking, etc, he doesn't look like the natural alpha male type with oodles of natural charm and charisma. It is pretty obvious that he has been coached. I suppose with a few more lessons from the George W Bush of how to win friends and influence people, maybe he and Kimi will be become best of friends.

Quoi? Did I read that right? Did you really mean to say that Lewis realises that this is just a sport? In my not so learned opinion, I think he thinks that F1 is the meaning his existence, and not just a sport.

Yes, he does. Fernando is cold and angry and intense, which shows he takes the sport seriously. When he loses, he takes it like the world is ending. Lewis seems to always be chipper and content with a podium, which to me shows he realizes that there is more to life than F1. Then again, it could just be fake to help his image. I find it to get annoying after a while, but that's really just because he doesn't come across as having any flaws at all.

Yes, he does. Fernando is cold and angry and intense, which shows he takes the sport seriously. When he loses, he takes it like the world is ending. Lewis seems to always be chipper and content with a podium, which to me shows he realizes that there is more to life than F1. Then again, it could just be fake to help his image. I find it to get annoying after a while, but that's really just because he doesn't come across as having any flaws at all.

You truly find out what a driver is like when they arnt in a competitive car. Its easy to be happy when your car is really fast but its hard to be happy when your driving a pig of a car.

You truly find out what a driver is like when they arnt in a competitive car. Its easy to be happy when your car is really fast but its hard to be happy when your driving a pig of a car.

I agree. I would be happy if I was Lewis, too. Getting to step into the best car on the grid, first season. And it does show, Button's lost all hope in his Sh#tbox.

Yes. I was depressed when I had a Ford Probe.

Despite all the smiley PR speak, motivation must hit the floor when the car is a pile of sh!t.

I agree. I would be happy if I was Lewis, too. Getting to step into the best car on the grid, first season. And it does show, Button's lost all hope in his Sh#tbox.

It is easy to say he stepped into a great car, but you should also look into how much hard work he and his family put in before Ron stepped in to help him.

Button must be the most patient man to keep quite about his pile of Sh#tty drive. I dont really know if he will be lucky enough to become a worldchamp, but I am sure he will one day prove he is worth all the praise. <_<

It is easy to say he stepped into a great car, but you should also look into how much hard work he and his family put in before Ron stepped in to help him.

Oh, I'm not saying he doesn't deserve the McLaren, I'm sure he does, but I guess a lot of other drivers probably deserved similar treatment and never got it.

this poses an interesting question:

it was assumed until now that the right way of introducing a rookie driver into F1 was through training in "small" teams like Minardi, Spyker or by offering them test pilot seats. it seems now that the bosses of front runner teams may be putting the promising newcommers directly in the drivers seat, as long as a profitable relationship can be expected. So what other potential markets are there to be exploited and that need an upstart hero?

I think that the new talent is sent to big teams for many reasons:

1: They come pretty cheap the first year or two.

2: There really hasn't been much talent developing in the small teams. McLaren couldn't sign a young driver from one of them, because there wasn't anybody special in 2006. Speed and Liuzzi were OK, but not McLaren material, Rosberg was impressive but was making way too many mistakes, etc, so McLaren found it better to just send Lewis up.

3: No drivers were really available for them; everyone was already signed.

It turned out to be the right choice, I'd say.

Hamilton is a wmd! He is slowly bringing down team spirit with his arrogance that continues to show each and every race. Alonso may just give him enough rope to hang himself!! Alonso is smart enough not to seek revenge but get even!!

Ron has made a Schumi. Not unlike Frankenstein. He has studied schumi's habbits, and good and bad points and programed the good points into Lewis and not the bad points (or so we're to believe).

So I have made a shocking discovery. Just before the appeal in the spy-gate is due to go through McLaren and Ferrari will settle privately.

In return for the 780 pages of Ferrari info McLaren will give Ferrari the blueprints to Lewis.

I think that the new talent is sent to big teams for many reasons:

1: They come pretty cheap the first year or two.

2: There really hasn't been much talent developing in the small teams. McLaren couldn't sign a young driver from one of them, because there wasn't anybody special in 2006. Speed and Liuzzi were OK, but not McLaren material, Rosberg was impressive but was making way too many mistakes, etc, so McLaren found it better to just send Lewis up.

3: No drivers were really available for them; everyone was already signed.

It turned out to be the right choice, I'd say.

you must remember that Lewis was a major investment I say.

Yes, lot of drivers have ruined their reputation driving Sh#t. I must say, guys like Nick were good at even that! Thats why he is in a team like BMW.

Yep! Ron got it right.

Oh, I'm not saying he doesn't deserve the McLaren, I'm sure he does, but I guess a lot of other drivers probably deserved similar treatment and never got it.

Yes, there are a lot of drivers who need better cars to prove their worth.

But Lewis's background was somewhat a difficult background, and all their initial hardwork seem to be paying right now.

I think Kimi's background was the most difficult among all the current Drivers. Thats why these guys made it into top teams very fast compared to even guys like Nico.

Ron has made a Schumi. Not unlike Frankenstein. He has studied schumi's habbits, and good and bad points and programed the good points into Lewis and not the bad points (or so we're to believe).

I agree... I have said many times that I think Ron brought Alonso and Hamilton together precisely to train Lewis... Lewis has emulated a lot of Schumi's habits.. like being on the podium with nauseating frequency =)

I agree... I have said many times that I think Ron brought Alonso and Hamilton together precisely to train Lewis... Lewis has emulated a lot of Schumi's habits.. like being on the podium with nauseating frequency =)

Respect.....

I'm not sure there's anything underneath. He's been living such a focussed life for so long I'm not sure there is a real Lewis anymore. Other than what Mary Shelley Ron Dennis and Anthony have moulded. Hope I'm wrong.

I'm not sure there's anything underneath. He's been living such a focussed life for so long I'm not sure there is a real Lewis anymore. Other than what Mary Shelley Ron Dennis and Anthony have moulded. Hope I'm wrong.

.................or maybe Mel Brooks :eusa_think: