Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jamie

Alonso-renault, Rosberg-mclaren, Fisi-williams?

well what do you think will happen then?

Not that. Something else.

Oh that is so much more specific!

I only think this will happen if renault have a change in form before the end of the season.

I think that Pedro de la Rosa will go to McLaren because he is not a threat to Lewis and will supply good data, Nando to Renault, and Fisi to Prodrive. Rosberg will stay put, Sutil will go to Prodrive, Piquet to Williams, and Kovalainen stays at Renault. Pretty much baseless speculation.

EDIT: Eric beat me to it. To Jamie:

Agreed. Renault are managing to suck even more than everybodies' most pessimistic predictions. If they can sort that out, FA will go straight back, contract be damned ^_^

Agreed. Renault are managing to suck even more than everybodies' most pessimistic predictions. If they can sort that out, FA will go srtaight back, contract be damned ^_^

Fernando will sort them out. Fernando is, in my opinion, why the Renault R25 and R26 were so good, and why the McLaren MP4/22 is so much better than the MP4/21.

Oh that is so much more specific!

I only think this will happen if renault have a change in form before the end of the season.

I aim to please. Nico will stay at Williams. Alex probably won't - he doesn't bring cash. Shame. Or Patrick Head may drive. Fisi may not have a drive at all. Have Flav and Fred made up? If not then he won't be at Enstone. He and Mr. Frog don't get on (contract shenanigans) so I doubt that Maranello is an option. Super Mario will keep the U boat captain and the owl, so BMW is out. I think he'll stay put. but then I could be completely wrong. Which is likely. Better?

How do you mean? Alonso is a driver, not an aerodynamics engineer :P

Driver feedback is key to developing a racecar.

I aim to please. Nico will stay at Williams. Alex probably won't - he doesn't bring cash. Shame. Or Patrick Head may drive. Fisi may not have a drive at all. Have Flav and Fred made up? If not then he won't be at Enstone. He and Mr. Frog don't get on (contract shenanigans) so I doubt that Maranello is an option. Super Mario will keep the U boat captain and the owl, so BMW is out. I think he'll stay put. but then I could be completely wrong. Which is likely. Better?

hahahaha!!! well done!!! :clap3:

Nico to Ferrari!!!!

I want to see NIIICCOOOO to FERRARIIII

Ha.

Ha ha.

Patrick Moore is right.

Driver feedback is key to developing a racecar.

I thought I destroyed that myth about the driver developing or having the ability to make the car better theory :eusa_think:

FYI a driver can't do that, he can't tell the engineer to make the car go faster or make it reliable etc.

I respond with my favorite multiple-choice answer...

"None of the above"

I thought I destroyed that myth about the driver developing or having the ability to make the car better theory :eusa_think:

FYI a driver can't do that, he can't tell the engineer to make the car go faster or make it reliable etc.

You cannot destroy it, since it's not a myth.

After millions of denial sentences, those boys at Renault F1 (blog) have actually (partially) agreed the Alonso and Schumacher have used their experience/work from Renault/Benetton-Renault to the aid of McLaren/Ferrari. And Eddie Jordan also agreed recently.

So the moment you're working for a Formula 1 team or were a owner of such, I will belive you.

Till then, sorry.

You cannot destroy it, since it's not a myth.

After millions of denial sentences, those boys at Renault F1 (blog) have actually (partially) agreed the Alonso and Schumacher have used their experience/work from Renault/Benetton-Renault to the aid of McLaren/Ferrari. And Eddie Jordan also agreed recently.

So the moment you're working for a Formula 1 team or were a owner of such, I will belive you.

Till then, sorry.

You are wrong of course. How can Nando have an effect on this year's Mclaren when he joined the team after it had been built. I'm sure the Mclaren & Renault are like chalk and cheese so his experience at Renault would be neglible in the overall scheme of scheme of things.

As for MS at Ferrari, it was different as he managed to poach a number of key personnel to make the switch with him from Bennetton.

IMHO the 72 page dossier, held by Coughlan, has had more of an effect on the Mclaren's pace than Nando

You are wrong of course. How can Nando have an effect on this year's Mclaren when he joined the team after it had been built. I'm sure the Mclaren & Renault are like chalk and cheese so his experience at Renault would be neglible in the overall scheme of scheme of things.

As for MS at Ferrari, it was different as he managed to poach a number of key personnel to make the switch with him from Bennetton.

IMHO the 72 page dossier, held by Coughlan, has had more of an effect on the Mclaren's pace than Nando

It is you who are wrong, of course.

A car needs to be developed thru out the season. Acording to Pat Symonds the R26 at the end of the season was 2 seconds faster than the one at the begining of the season (Ferrari I guess even more). And acording to Dr. Mario Thiessen a minor modification/upgrade from one race to another means 230+ changes.

By now the cars have gained at least over a second since the begining of the season, and without hecting developement, the Mp4/22 (in its initial state) would have now been behing even the likes of Toyota and Williams.

And without the likes of Alonso and de la Rossa, that's what would have happened (not to mention that the final push pre-season is done in the last two weeks before the season starts).

It is you who are wrong, of course.

A car needs to be developed thru out the season. Acording to Pat Symonds the R26 at the end of the season was 2 seconds faster than the one at the begining of the season (Ferrari I guess even more). And acording to Dr. Mario Thiessen a minor modification/upgrade from one race to another means 230+ changes.

By now the cars have gained at least over a second since the begining of the season, and without hecting developement, the Mp4/22 (in its initial state) would have now been behing even the likes of Toyota and Williams.

And without the likes of Alonso and de la Rossa, that's what would have happened (not to mention that the final push pre-season is done in the last two weeks before the season starts).

I dont doubt that the Mclaren has evolved throughout the season, this is the way in F1 and is not disputed. What I dispute is your assertions than Nando has used his experience of last years Renault to develop this year's Mclaren :wacko: You even supplied quotes from Pat Symonds to back up your statement.

I reiterate, Alonso's experience of the Renault will have had a negligble effect on this year's Mclaren, espeicially as both were on Michelins and are now on Bridgestones

Very astute there Russ, Nick is the spitting imidge of the under seas warrior circa '40-'41 :clap3:

The driver's experience is of course one of the keys to the development of the car he drives. Depending on the driver it can make a difference. And of course they can use past experience which is really valuable. I'm not saying that Alonso made miracles in McLaren, because they already had a competitive car, but he did help.

I can't understand how can you dismiss the driver's colaboration this easily :wacko:

The driver's experience is of course one of the keys to the development of the car he drives. Depending on the driver it can make a difference. And of course they can use past experience which is really valuable. I'm not saying that Alonso made miracles in McLaren, because they already had a competitive car, but he did help.

I can't understand how can you dismiss the driver's colaboration this easily :wacko:

It is also impossible to comprehend how a class of the field car, right from the word go in testing, is being credited to a driver who steps in at the end of year, after production phase!! From vertical diff to tiny little earodynamic pieces, hell Alonso must know it all! So much for thanking the actual team who got it right for the first time since...... (oh, let's not forget the little help from those ferrari dossiers :naughty: )

The driver can only give his input as to how he feels the car's behaviour could be bettered, which is not complicated, a newbie rookie can even do it.