Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jamie

Alonso-renault, Rosberg-mclaren, Fisi-williams?

It is also impossible to comprehend how a class of the field car, right from the word go in testing, is being credited to a driver who steps in at the end of year, after production phase!! From vertical diff to tiny little earodynamic pieces, hell Alonso must know it all! So much for thanking the actual team who got it right for the first time since...... (oh, let's not forget the little help from those ferrari dossiers :naughty: )

The driver can only give his input as to how he feels the car's behaviour could be bettered, which is not complicated, a newbie rookie can even do it.

Hey, I was talking in general :lol:

Plus, as you say, the car was made in 2006... those dossiers can have been of about as much help as Alonso, right? :P

I don't quite agree with you about that last sentence, but I wonder how can I explain myself. I'll think about it.

It is also impossible to comprehend how a class of the field car, right from the word go in testing, is being credited to a driver who steps in at the end of year, after production phase!! From vertical diff to tiny little earodynamic pieces, hell Alonso must know it all! So much for thanking the actual team who got it right for the first time since...... (oh, let's not forget the little help from those ferrari dossiers :naughty: )

The driver can only give his input as to how he feels the car's behaviour could be bettered, which is not complicated, a newbie rookie can even do it.

But a newbie can't push the car to the limit and hold it there, understanding very subtle responces he gets back. The data collected during an Alonso test is much more valuable than the data collected during a Paffett test. They set the car up AROUND the style of the driver.. IE Hamilton with his back-end swinging out more-so than Alonso....

What the drivers are getting out of the car directy effects what kind of developmet is put back into it. Different drivers would emphasize different weaknesses.

With Alonso and Schumi, the engineers know they are seting up a car for a damn-fine driver who is using everything they've got out there. Therefore, the in-season development has a lot to do with that drivers style, preferences, etc, and making the car/driver package faster.

Do you think Fisi is doing this job for Renault this year?

I don't quite agree with you about that last sentence, but I wonder how can I explain myself. I'll think about it.
But a newbie can't push the car to the limit and hold it there, understanding very subtle responces he gets back. The data collected during an Alonso test is much more valuable than the data collected during a Paffett test. They set the car up AROUND the style of the driver.. IE Hamilton with his back-end swinging out more-so than Alonso....

What the drivers are getting out of the car directy effects what kind of developmet is put back into it. Different drivers would emphasize different weaknesses.

With Alonso and Schumi, the engineers know they are seting up a car for a damn-fine driver who is using everything they've got out there. Therefore, the in-season development has a lot to do with that drivers style, preferences, etc, and making the car/driver package faster.

Well said.

Thanks for the help ;)

I admit Alonso is a fine guy who knows to set his car. But if it is true that Lewis is using Alonso's data, then I think Lewis is doing a better job than him. I am sure Lewis is capable of using his own data and ideas for set ups. If Alonso was throwing presents, fine why souldn't Lewis grab it? Now I heard Alonso is not throwing any more presents. I am sure both Alonso and Lewis were pretty evenly matched during the last race. We will get to know more from the next races on. I am not going to stress on any theory.

Yes, Micheal and Alonso were damn fine in setting cars, or else I dont think they would have got into top teams. Please do not forget that Lewis was faster than many drivers during testing even before Alonso came in. He was faster than Alonso too.

Do you think Bridgestones are doing a good job for Renault this year?