Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pumpdoc

Old Car Lovers

You mean somebody actually found all those cars in a barn? Why those things never happen to me?

Here they found a Mercedes, once under a bale of hay. But that was only because the owner (the most succesful TV hostess at the moment) imported it illegally using a handicapped person's permit so as not to pay taxes (FYI, she was being paid hundreds of thousands of dollars which is even more of a fortune here than it is in USA...

In my line, i see stuff like this all the time. Reminds me of one time when an elderly guy rang us to say he had some 'bits' that we may want to come down and collect from him. We arrived with a van and a trailer. We took away a complete car for restoration, three new engines, two gearboxes and a brand new interior which he had bought and never fitted. The best bit was still to come though. He invited us into his home whereupon he went around the house, opening cupboards and drawers, pulling out new bits of chrome, badges and electrics that he had hoarded for years. He even had bumpers in his wardrobe.

We took literally everything. He told us that he was dieing of cancer and his wife had told him to have a clear out! We made him a fair offer for everything but he would not take a penny. We donated it to charity instead.

In my line, i see stuff like this all the time. Reminds me of one time when an elderly guy rang us to say he had some 'bits' that we may want to come down and collect from him. We arrived with a van and a trailer. We took away a complete car for restoration, three new engines, two gearboxes and a brand new interior which he had bought and never fitted. The best bit was still to come though. He invited us into his home whereupon he went around the house, opening cupboards and drawers, pulling out new bits of chrome, badges and electrics that he had hoarded for years. He even had bumpers in his wardrobe.

We took literally everything. He told us that he was dieing of cancer and his wife had told him to have a clear out! We made him a fair offer for everything but he would not take a penny. We donated it to charity instead.

Thats really something good to hear.

Anyways, I love those Alfas! :wub::wub::wub:

I am confused by the topic.

Is it old car lovers OR old car lovers

If one is going to be a car-lover, one should take precautions; tie your feet to the doors.

You mean somebody actually found all those cars in a barn?

Not exactly.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/automobiles/barnfind.asp

The owner was an automobile dealer in the 1970s and 1980s who had built up his assemblage of cars over the years and stashed it in the barn (locking the structure up when it was full) and who simply hired a photographer recently to document his collection.