Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eric

Speed Says "no" To F1

Scott says "CC or NASCAR, no F1"

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D YAY!

As Steve Matchett would say "COME ON SON!" Come on over to Champ Car, ma boy, take Bourdais's seat and have an All-American Champ Car team with Graham Rahal as his teammate.

(Feel free to move this to outside of F1, but since the Liuzzi thread stayed, I figured this one could, too)

Scott says "CC or NASCAR, no F1"

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D YAY!

As Steve Matchett would say "COME ON SON!" Come on over to Champ Car, ma boy, take Bourdais's seat and have an All-American Champ Car team with Graham Rahal as his teammate.

(Feel free to move this to outside of F1, but since the Liuzzi thread stayed, I figured this one could, too)

I would also say that F1 would have said "NO" to Scott

I wish him luck back home.

Now its time for the next American to have a go

Indeed, after several seasons in F1 youd think he could race without crashing so often! I always found him annoying on the TV anyway, way too OTT :)

Indeed, after several seasons in F1 youd think he could race without crashing so often! I always found him annoying on the TV anyway, way too OTT :)

*coughs* die-hard Speed fan *coughs*

I would do my usual defending of Scott, but in all honesty, my heart just isn't in it anymore.

Axed Toro Rosso racer Scott Speed will almost certainly switch to the NASCAR series in 2008, it has emerged.

Although his relationships with STR chiefs Franz Tost and Gerhard Berger are over, the Californian remains strongly linked with Red Bull magnate Dietrich Mateschitz -- who also owns a new team in the premier American tin-top category Nextel Cup.

"Speed drove in formula one against the world's best drivers," the Austrian billionaire is quoted as saying by Motorsport Aktuell, "he is courageous, and his name is a marketer's dream -- and with a cowboy hat it is perhaps complete!"

Team Red Bull is a works Toyota-supported NASCAR team.

"He would be an asset for us in NASCAR," Mateschitz said of the 24-year-old.

Source

I'm quite interested to see how he does in NASCAR. Hopefully Montoya and Speed become the future of the sport!

Hang in there, he's still young, so fingers crossed he'll get his chance in CART soon enough. :unsure:

edit- nice sig by the way!

Only good things about it:

1) No Anti-American prejudice (I'm sure some people don't think there was any, but I'm pretty sure I saw a lot of it)

2) The road course races with him and JPM

3) NASCAR fans will generally be more accepting of his personality

He was a bit of a disapointment in F1. Hopefully he'll end up in NASCAR. Montoya is great on the street circuits out there.

I don't think the numbers back up your assertion. Indeed, if I'm not mistaken, he did consistently better than his teammate, who doesn't garner half the criticism, with substandard equipment. The real question, would another driver, say a certain young Brit wunderkind on a well-funded, well-run team, have done much better had he had the bad luck to end up at STR?

Probably. But, I don't think all American drivers should have to be as good as Lewis Hamilton to gain respect in F1. If they did, that would be an example of anti-American bias.

Only good things about it:

1) No Anti-American prejudice (I'm sure some people don't think there was any, but I'm pretty sure I saw a lot of it)

2) The road course races with him and JPM

3) NASCAR fans will generally be more accepting of his personality

And he'll be Vickers's teammate!! It'll be a dream team!

Well, best of luck to the guy, he'll probably find more sucsess in the states than europe. But yeah, i agree with the comment of him being OTT, reminds me of when Goodman was interviewing him about why he retired in the opening race, he made some OTT comment like "Well yeah(!) it was a puncture, so it's not exatly my fault is it? Haha"

I remember Eric was telling me about in an interview Scott was asked who is favorite American driver was, and he said Jim Clark :lol:

Poor Scott, he's a great story and probably an easy guy to like, but he doesn't know his history (not like you need to, but he sure looked stupid!)

:lol: Yeah, that was a strange comment.

Regardless, all the best to Scott, go win some races old boy!